ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    i reached out to someone who had commented on his posts on facebook (there weren't many from what i was allowed to see since we aren't friends). the guy got a hold of one of his family members and said he was in florida. no tragic reports or anything like that.

i asked him to confirm with them that he is alright.....we will see.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47501

i reached out to someone who had commented on his posts on facebook (there weren't many from what i was allowed to see since we aren't friends). the guy got a hold of one of his family members and said he was in florida. no tragic reports or anything like that.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Paschal, you are a true detective. Let’s hope for good news.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

My point exactly. Come make it right. It's a lot of points and we all worked hard for them to be able to join, and then put in work in the contest to place.

You run a contest it's the least you can do. Hopefully we'll hear back some good news.

I appreciate your effort. I'm not holding my breathe because it's not like after a decade on sbr and running/participating in these contests he just forgot.

All we ask if for the winners to be compensated. I don't even need an explanation, not interested in the drama, doesn't matter.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Paschal, you are a true detective. Let’s hope for good news.
    actually i've been pretty low key about the situation. haven't gotten to the point of making phone calls yet. if it was a $1000 instead of a 1000 points, i'd probably be a little more intrusive.
    Points Awarded:

USCPHILLYGUY gave mpaschal34 2000 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thechaoz

actually i've been pretty low key about the situation. haven't gotten to the point of making phone calls yet. if it was a $1000 instead of a 1000 points, i'd probably be a little more intrusive.
    Well I appreciate your effort and glad you have some information on the real life person. I'll just let things play out. The fact sbr won't even say no to my emails about the situation pretty much tells me they can penetrate right off next year for my pro renewal. It's looking like my swan song.

I'm on here because I enjoy poker, the contests even though I'm terrible and just the general bullshitting. It is not a necessity in my life one bit. I've been a pro for many years and the least they could do is say "no, we don't intervene".

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I think they have their hands full babysitting Rudy, Firedawg and Stevek. Lol.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

thechaoz

Sharp as always bro. Meanwhile, I got Georgia at 5.

I ain't even mad

thechaoz

Nothing Eh?

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

So weird, maybe he just got sick and tired of losing at sbr and quit cold turkey.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    Nothing Eh?
    Nope....nothing.
    Points Awarded:

USCPHILLYGUY gave mpaschal34 500 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

astro make good on your commitments pal

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    astro make good on your commitments pal
    Still holding out hope. It's not like he's buried or anything that bad

JAKEPEAVY21

Still holding out hope. It's not like he's buried or anything that bad
    personally, I don't think anything happened to him.

I remember him talking about having a baby semi recently. My thoughts are he is busy with being a father and got overwhelmed by how many points that he owes and just threw in the towel or made another account.

Hopefully one day he will make good.

thechaoz

personally, I don't think anything happened to him.

I remember him talking about having a baby semi recently. My thoughts are he is busy with being a father and got overwhelmed by how many points that he owes and just threw in the towel or made another account.

Hopefully one day he will make good.
    Yeah. Well my point all along is, let's face facts, no matter how busy we are we all think about sbr or logging onto sbr most days. The fact he was in contest, ran them, and a long time member it's not like he became "too busy" with a baby or moving or whatever to at least not log in and pay us our points.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe after early Dec (when he made waivers in the league) He had his phone stolen, laptop stolen, turned off his internet, there is no wifi hotspots and he communicates through smoke signals

In all seriousness though I never had a problem with the guy. He seemed cool and was active on the forum, though he didn't like my stalling sometimes in poker :-)

All is forgiven astro, just come back and square up bud. Poker contests are starting soon!

JAKEPEAVY21

Yeah. Well my point all along is, let's face facts, no matter how busy we are we all think about sbr or logging onto sbr most days. The fact he was in contest, ran them, and a long time member it's not like he became "too busy" with a baby or moving or whatever to at least not log in and pay us our points.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe after early Dec (when he made waivers in the league) He had his phone stolen, laptop stolen, turned off his internet, there is no wifi hotspots and he communicates through smoke signals

In all seriousness though I never had a problem with the guy. He seemed cool and was active on the forum, though he didn't like my stalling sometimes in poker :-)

All is forgiven astro, just come back and square up bud. Poker contests are starting soon!
    Him making the roster moves in December is the main reason that I believe he is fine, although I could be wrong...

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Poker contests are starting soon!

the poker contest is going to make the players pull an astro....they will disappear. no sense to take the new format seriously. if i do play, i will either be doubled up or out in the first 5 minutes.

JAKEPEAVY21

the poker contest is going to make the players pull an astro....they will disappear. no sense to take the new format seriously. if i do play, i will either be doubled up or out in the first 5 minutes.
    points will be a lot harder to accumulate now as well...

lenders could be in for rough times...

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

points will be a lot harder to accumulate now as well...

lenders could be in for rough times...
    i've got 3 loans out...one low risk, one medium risk and one that appears to be high risk.

i'm certainly closing shop to everyday loans (plus i've done 3 BTC cashes recently which limits my points to loan).

thechaoz

I just read the new payouts. I'm good. I haven't really been playing much anyway.

The prizes are low, the daily points (worse offender) are stupid low. Play 2 hours for maybe a chance at 10 ish bucks IF you can roll over the entire thing lol.. Ummmm.. No

Easier to grind tables at real sites with bonuses and rake back.

I kind of get the feeling sbr is trying to slowly phase it out. They clearly know what they are doin

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I just read the new payouts. I'm good. I haven't really been playing much anyway.

The prizes are low, the daily points (worse offender) are stupid low. Play 2 hours for maybe a chance at 10 ish bucks IF you can roll over the entire thing lol.. Ummmm.. No

Easier to grind tables at real sites with bonuses and rake back.

I kind of get the feeling sbr is trying to slowly phase it out. They clearly know what they are doin

i wish they would charge a buy in fee (ie 25 or 50 points) in order to get the prize pool increased. but as it is now....most of us will play just to qualify and once that is achieved, then not bother with it.

thechaoz

i wish they would charge a buy in fee (ie 25 or 50 points) in order to get the prize pool increased. but as it is now....most of us will play just to qualify and once that is achieved, then not bother with it.
    Oh well.... Looks like it's the beginning of the the end. It's been a long run!

Done with the contests, done with poker, ripped off in a user league that sbr gladly promotes, but won't enforce and sbr won't do shit about the non payment.

You lose guys like me, you're already losing big time.

Bye Felicia....

JAKEPEAVY21

Oh well.... Looks like it's the beginning of the the end. It's been a long run!

Done with the contests, done with poker, ripped off in a user league that sbr gladly promotes, but won't enforce and sbr won't do shit about the non payment.

You lose guys like me, you're already losing big time.

Bye Felicia....
    How does SBR promote this FF league that astros ran?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

How does SBR promote this FF league that astros ran?
    Right, Why should SBR intervene? This isn't an LT league.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

unfortunately i have to agree with jake...SBR has zero liability for this league.

we should have all known the risk we took when we signed up for this league.

thechaoz

Sbr can have their cake and eat it too. We pay for pro status, get our patronage which gives them advertising dollars and kickbacks from links joining various sites etc. We also provide most of the content through user posts.

So they provide the forum, host it, allow bet points to be traded, gifted, gambled etc. Then a user splits and runs, rips off users while having points available to pay those back, and it's "oh our hands are tied owe don't intervene."

This is a cop out, disingenuous, and a crock of shit. While "technically correct", it's as I said, disingenuous.

It's like hosting a party, providing alcohol, sending out invites, getting a dj and catering food. If someone gets a DUI it isn't "your fault", while technically correct, it's a pass the buck type mentality

It's cool. I'm soured on sbr and done. I'll ride it out till Sept since I paid already and be done with it.

Ez game

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Choaz....so I guess I can scratch your name off for being a participant in a High Roller points league? Lol.

I understand your stance though. Luckily I got suspicious of what was going on and was actually a little happy I didn’t win the league because I knew there was a good chance of never getting paid.

thechaoz

Choaz....so I guess I can scratch your name off for being a participant in a High Roller points league? Lol.

I understand your stance though. Luckily I got suspicious of what was going on and was actually a little happy I didn’t win the league because I knew there was a good chance of never getting paid.
    Well since I can't gift my membership, I'm paid up through I believe mid Sept. What is this league? Are you referring to FF next fall?

I'm going to milk it by at least logging in and getting my daily points. I will not be participating in the poker contest though.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

Well since I can't gift my membership, I'm paid up through I believe mid Sept. What is this league? Are you referring to FF next fall?

I'm going to milk it by at least logging in and getting my daily points. I will not be participating in the poker contest though.
    Last year Jake and myself talked about getting together a 5000 point league buy in. It didn’t happen because the normal 1000 point leagues were upped to 3000 points.

I’d still like to entertain the possibility of doing a 5000 point league next year.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Last year Jake and myself talked about getting together a 5000 point league buy in. It didn’t happen because the normal 1000 point leagues were upped to 3000 points.

I’d still like to entertain the possibility of doing a 5000 point league next year.
    i would be interested in this

thechaoz

Ahhh yeah. Wish we would of done that instead

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    i would be interested in this
    I'd do it if mpas held the points.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!

I’m interested in doing it. Guess we’ll have to see who has interest.

I know it was tough filling the 1000 point and 3000 point leagues this past year. And points aren’t as easy to come by now. So I think it may be difficult in finding the players.

JAKEPEAVY21

I’m interested in doing it. Guess we’ll have to see who has interest.

I know it was tough filling the 1000 point and 3000 point leagues this past year. And points aren’t as easy to come by now. So I think it may be difficult in finding the players.
    maybe it would be more feasible if you put the word out now so people could start saving up points...

you, philly, unde and myself are interested...I'm sure we could find 8 more in 6+ months?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

First ... 45678910 ... Last
The author of this thread has limited replies to SBR Pros. You must be an SBR Pro to reply to this thread.