wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10824

Fantasy Aces files Bankruptcy!

Anyone else got funds there? I'm 600+ in that ponzi scheme

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

Unfortunately, players will most likely not ever receive their funds back. Just like with betting sites, it's best to withdraw large cash amounts from the DFS sites. Only keep available in the site, with what you would be comfortable losing if the site shuts down.

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Damn this is huge. Just last week they were gonna be bought out by FantasyDraft, but apparently that fell through and now we know why.

Of course, they're supposed to segment player funds, but they did not. All money is gone.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

fuk DFS laden with fraudsters

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

That is brutal, fraudulent idiots.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Let me guess....Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson ran off with the money.

agendaman
    agendaman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14010

eventually dkings and fanduel will do the same

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    The little guy always fronts the bill for corporate greed

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

FanDuel making too much money to go broke.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Who's playing at these sites? I don't see them getting that much traffic. Could be wrong though.

I'm a big fantasy sports guy...but only thing I liked were the live drafts on Draftstreet a couple of years ago.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I never played there. I saw them in the rotowire site, now references have been removed

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I play Fanduel. DFS is fun but it takes some homework to win consistently.

I will have to read up on the Fantasy Aces bankruptcy. I never played there but it was/is a popular second tier DFS site. It is possible to declare bankruptcy and continue doing business but that's another discussion.

Rosters, another DFS site, is owned in part by Phil Ivy. I saw that he recently was hit with a 10 million dollar judgement from some poker indiscretions.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Seems like fan duel has plenty of traffic, no shortage of business for them. Very hard to win though.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Seems like fan duel has plenty of traffic, no shortage of business for them. Very hard to win though.
    Have you used Rotogrinders lineup builder? They have been dialed in recently. I usually use it more for reference but their optimized lineups have been spot on this week. I am 10-0 on H2Hs and 50/50s by using almost all their picks this week.

They have a good live streaming broadcast at 3:30. The real sharps of DFS who broadcast will usually give good info on some of the more difficult value punt plays.

You don't have to subscribe to use. I think subscribers do get better analytics but that's pretty hardcore IMO unless your really into NBA handicapping.

I don't think the high-end guys bet on sports. They just stick to DFS. That's not for me. DFS is just a good way to have some fun and win a little bit of cash.

yisman

I play at a few sites. Treading water.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by agendaman View Post
    Just the opposite, the Big Boys will only get a bigger share of the market as the little fish drop off.

FYI, I think RT Sports is underrated, I have always been paid promptly from there playing only season-long leagues.

qwertvt

I just read an article in Forbes about the Fanduel/Draftkings merger and how the FantasyAces bankruptcy might thwart the aforementioned merger.

The FD/DK merger must be approved by the government to go forward.

As it stands now, both entities hold 95% of DFS players which raises antitrust concerns to a very high level.

When FantasyAces folds, their market share is taken out of the antitrust equation. This means that the 95% market share is projected to jump to 97% because there is less dilution.

It was going to be difficult to jump the antitrust hurdle before the bankruptcy now hopes of a FD/DK union may be buried.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Let me guess....Howard Lederer and Chris Ferguson ran off with the money.
    I think they only consulted them on this.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Fantasy Aces Hires Lawyer as Questions Emerge About Players’ Accounts

Players had an estimated $1.3 million deposited in fantasy sports site’s accounts when it filed for bankruptcy, but it had just $3,539 on hand

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Quote Originally Posted by koz-man View Post

Players had an estimated $1.3 million deposited in fantasy sports site’s accounts when it filed for bankruptcy, but it had just $3,539 on hand
    Talk about lawyering up. Where did they get the money to pay this lawyer? He's not doing it for free.

yisman

just amazing to me that they blew all that money

Must've been taking advice from Jon Kreta

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Did you guys see this news from FantasyDraft about a bailout a few days ago?

Grinders,
    As members of the DFS community committed to doing things the right way, we feel that we need to do our part to protect the lifeblood of the industry, you the players. So, we have decided to get involved. Today we have entered into an agreement with the FantasyAces bankruptcy trustee to obtain player account and balance information in order to help reimbursing missing player funds.

Through this agreement, we have committed to reimburse Fantasy Aces players up to $1,000 cash to cover missing account balances, this makes 99.6% of the players whole. In addition, to help those with larger balances we are also going to offer the following:

Players with a Fantasy Aces cash account balance between $1,000 – $5,000:
    We will provide $1,000 Cash + Remaining balance in FantasyCash up to $4,000 ($5,000 total)
    Players with a Fantasy Aces cash balance >$5,000:
    We will provide $1,000 Cash + $4,000 FantasyCash + a Pending Bonus for the remainder of your balance
    Pending Bonus is earned at a rate of 4% for each $1 in entry fees paid in USD, and is paid as FantasyCash

Upon court approval, we will provide additional detail on how you can claim your funds on FantasyDraft.

I want to reiterate that FantasyDraft is committed to being a responsible citizen of the DFS community. That means we do things the right way, and your funds will ALWAYS be segregated and protected. We are licensed or registered in all states that have passed DFS regulation and are compliant in each. When we say that We Put Players First, we mean it.

Steve Krombolz
    CEO & Co-Founder

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Some good video content at rotogrinders for dfs , but unless your multi entering it seems hard to win

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47525

wow just disgusting..

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33110

Same old story The players get screwed .

wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10824

fantasydraft is the only place I'll play now, standup actions by them.