SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Fantasy Football League Question Keepers League

I've been invited to join a keepers league by a friend of mine. I'm taking over the winner from last years leagues team and its a keeprs league
    My options imo
    Are
    Adrian Peterson
    AARON Rodgers
    Matt Stafford
    Really only the top two but if I'm gonna be in this league for a few years wouldn't Aaron Rodgers be my best bet as far as longevity
    I mean Adrian Peterson has maybe three years left max right?

What do you guys think

Need a Fantasy Expert advice

Thanks in Advance

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

What are the rules for keeping players? In my keeper league, you cant keep anyone drafted from rounds 1-3, and if you keep someone, you forfeit a draft pick 2 rounds up from where he was taken (so if he was drafted in the 5th, you lose a 3rd round pick, which isn't worth it)

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

This league is what ever you have from previous year no restrictions
    Last edited by SEAHAWKHARRY; 06-22-16 at 10:15 PM.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by SEAHAWKHARRY View Post
    I've been invited to join a keepers league by a friend of mine. I'm taking over the winner from last years leagues team and its a keeprs league
    My options imo
    Are
    Adrian Peterson
    AARON Rodgers
    Matt Stafford
    Really only the top two but if I'm gonna be in this league for a few years wouldn't Aaron Rodgers be my best bet as far as longevity
    I mean Adrian Peterson has maybe three years left max right?

What do you guys think

Need a Fantasy Expert advice

Thanks in Advance
    Any other options?

AP and Rodgers are the way to go if you have nothing else.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights

Those two are the best options for keepers imo but I can only keep 1

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

I've already looked at this year's depth at position and the RB position is hurting more than I've ever seen. AD is the way to go. You gotta keep him.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

AP has been the cornerstone for awhile now but running backs break down quickly and don't replicate dominance consistently from a year to year basis.

On the flip side quarterback is usually very deep and depends mostly on team scheme and game flow or score.

The league scoring is important in weighing different positions. Point per reception scoring hurts quarterbacks as does lower points for passing tds.

With that being said Aaron Rodgers is rdy to crush it imo. I also don't like keeping running backs especially ones that are near or over 30. Minnesota seems like they are ready to showcase teddy Bridgewater this year much like seattle did with wilson. AP still good for this year and maybe half of next yr at most imo. Aaron Rodgers will be an MVP caliber qb for years to come.

shadymcgrady

Why don't you look to package both AP and Rodgers for a young stud like ODB O'Dell Beckham or Julio Jones? The life span of a WR is always longer than that of an RB. Andrew Luck is also a nice bounce back candidate that could be a fantasy MVP this year

shadymcgrady

Matt Stafford is trash and with Calvin Johnson retiring he's gonna be even worse. Guy is barely a qb2

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Seems like an easy call with Peterson. RBs are thin this year whereas QBs are so deep you can draft a starter in the 11th-12th round.

Then again, I am never high on QBs in general in fantasy.