Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

AJ Pollock Undergoes Surgery For Fractured Elbow

Diamondbacks center fielder A.J. Pollock will undergo surgery for a fractured right elbow, the club announced. Pollock suffered the injury sliding into home in tonight’s spring action.

Pollock has emerged as one of the game’s least-known premium performers, and his loss represents an enormous blow to the organization’s hopes to challenge for a division title in 2016. It’s unclear how long he’ll be out, but any significant stretch would be nothing short of devastating for a club that had pushed in its chips but still needed some things to go its way to contend.

The 28-year-old had already dealt with some elbow issues this spring, but seemed to be on track for Opening Day. But the injury is all the more concerning given that Pollock missed all of 2010 with a fractured growth plate in the same elbow, back when he was still a rising prospect.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...ght-elbow.html

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33038

Bad break for the D-backs .

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Glad I didn't draft him on any of my teams.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33038

His elbow was sore all spring , he should have been resting until he season started .

JBiddyJ23
    'Reality is merely an Illusion'
    JBiddyJ23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1491

Damn, I drafted Pollock in my most important fantasy baseball league! Bad break for the Diamondbacks and me!

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    His elbow was sore all spring , he should have been resting until he season started .
    i didn't know that but i just read an article on it and yea it doesn't make any sense in spring ball, sliding into home fracture your effn elbow? wtf

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Wow, not your common baseball injury.