LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Peyton Manning Played the Last Month with a Torn Right Quad

Including the playoff game obviously. THAT explains why he all of a sudden looked "old" and started lollypopping his passes after actually throwing with improved velocity relative to last year the first three months of this season.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Here comes the spin machine.

Gimme a break. Manning looked washed up long before this thigh injury.

LT Profits

He tore the quad in the first half in San Diego on December 14th, which makes perfect sense if you recall he went to the locker room late in the first half with no real explanation as to why and was then off with his throws the rest of the season.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

Not really, he looked fine the first three months, even throwing better than last year.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Yeah that's why he threw for 400 yards and whipped Brady's ass in the AFC Championship last year....cause he was washed up

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Yeah that's why he threw for 400 yards and whipped Brady's ass in the AFC Championship last year....cause he was washed up
    thats why he whipped bradys ass this year also.......

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

It wasn't Peyton as much as it was the whole team offense and schemes. Peyton had some bad overthrows yesterday, but look at the coverage on the receivers... there wasn't really much for him to throw to.

The Colts defense is pretty bad. They are, however, VERY physical and do have some good corners.

The Broncos were a west coast style finesse offense that would occasionally use one of their genetic freak receivers like Demaryius Thomas go long. When the weather is good and the team defense is concentrating on the short passes, this usually led to success.

The Seattle Seahawks last year, and the St. Louis Rams this year built the blueprint on slowing down the offense. Jam the receivers at the line, be extremely physical, cause mayhem and flood the middle of the field so quick slants are difficult, and dare Manning to throw on the edges. Manning couldn't hit the long ball, and John Fox (who I think is one of the worst coaches in the NFL right now) made absolutely no adjustments.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

So why didn't they tell the public before now.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    It wasn't Peyton as much as it was the whole team offense and schemes. Peyton had some bad overthrows yesterday, but look at the coverage on the receivers... there wasn't really much for him to throw to.

The Colts defense is pretty bad. They are, however, VERY physical and do have some good corners.

The Broncos were a west coast style finesse offense that would occasionally use one of their genetic freak receivers like Demaryius Thomas go long. When the weather is good and the team defense is concentrating on the short passes, this usually led to success.

The Seattle Seahawks last year, and the St. Louis Rams this year built the blueprint on slowing down the offense. Jam the receivers at the line, be extremely physical, cause mayhem and flood the middle of the field so quick slants are difficult, and dare Manning to throw on the edges. Manning couldn't hit the long ball, and John Fox (who I think is one of the worst coaches in the NFL right now) made absolutely no adjustments.
    i honestly think he is the worst. couldn't agree with u more

t-wizzle

He wasn't hurt @ New England, @ St. Louis, and plenty other games where he looked like shit.

He's been exposed time and time again and the blind worshipers refuse to accept it.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I would think for other teams not to go after his injury?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Thigh, old age, or playoffs. It doesn't matter. Put in ozweiler and try to win the game.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Not a Peyton fan but he's not suddenly a mediocre quarterback for no reason. He's just one year removed from the nfl touchdown passing record. If he was always this weak then teams would have figure it out and no way the broncos are 12-4. You don't go from very good to trash in a month. Injury makes sense.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They're just trying to protect him his arm is dead

Denver could never ever win with him

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Including the playoff game obviously. THAT explains why he all of a sudden looked "old" and started lollypopping his passes after actually throwing with improved velocity relative to last year the first three months of this season.
    Yes, he also suffered a very deep thigh contusion against ST.Louis and had a bad ankle that never healed all season. He couldn't get his legs into his throws which anyone watching can see. That's why they focused on the running game the last 6 weeks of the season. I heard that the 2 week layoff helped him heal and was feeling much better. But it was obvious yesterday that something was very wrong with him.
    I'm so mad because I hit both games and overs on Saturday. Took Dallas and Over, that catch FUKED my over and I went all in on Denver. Had Den and under in parlay too. Didn't think the Indy D would hold up. You could see Peyton was struggling and if you watched the receivers they were getting frustrated because they were open but he couldn't get the ball to them. Was very deflating.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post

Fox is horrible but he was busy fk'ng up their All-Pro defense yesterday. Their O-coord. and Manning himself should've made adjustments though? I think Manning must be overcompensating for injury or in denial or something? They had Julius Thomas beating Landry on the first drive then Indy helped Landry. I was calling for Ronnie Hillman in the old Brees-Sproles mode but Manning never even looked at him. They could've bunched up their WRs and got someone on a crossing route but instead PM kept throwing at Vontae Davis time after time...whos prob the best corner in the NFL. Horrible horrible job by everyone in orange yesterday including Manning

boomer62

He wasn't hurt @ New England, @ St. Louis, and plenty other games where he looked like shit.

He's been exposed time and time again and the blind worshipers refuse to accept it.
    Only thing exposed is your mouth. You are the most annoying guy on here and talk out of your ASS!! I think we all accept that.

t-wizzle

You guys are out of your minds blaming John Fox. This is laughable anymore.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

They did , just not as specific. Heard it for a while and pre game yesterday they said he was dealing with injuries to both thighs.

It probably is old age though.10 years ago he heals much more in those weeks off.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Vontae davis made manning his bitch yesterday. I have no idea why he kept throwing his way.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33038

Yep , they said he had a thigh injury

boomer62

Both thighs , one partially torn and the other a deep contusion

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3597

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    And preceded to get slapped around in the SB.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19539

Injury could be a factor but in the first seven games he had 22 TD's and 3 picks, in the last nine games he had 17/12.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The fact that Manning's rank among the modern-day elite is still up for debate at age 38 says it all.

Show the guy some respect. Hurt or not, he's still putting up numbers most NFL QBs could only dream of -- and he's a decade past his prime. It's not like his defense, supposedly built for another Super Bowl run with a bunch of fantasy football-level names, did anything yesterday either.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You guys are out of your minds blaming John Fox. This is laughable anymore.
    Yeah, why would you blame the coach. Good point.

John Fox has, after all, been a very successful NFL leader throughout his career. 81-79 record overall and a grand total of one Super Bowl trip -- including six seasons of no playoffs in nine years -- without Peyton Manning as his QB.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Why didn't they let the back up play instead? He could have thrown better passes than they lollypops Manning was throwing yesterday.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: seaborneq

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

Why did GB release that Rodgers was hurt and Den keeps it quiet? I thought you had to disclose injuries in the NFL.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Lmao.

I was 100% sure we would get some sort of "Peyton was playing the whole last month(s) with fukked up XYZ" narrative emerging this week. I think I even posted somewhere saying that last night. I did not think it would be so soon. It seems like some desperate attempt to save face following a very poor showing.

I am not by any means suggesting this is untrue. The timing is just interesting. I seems that every time a superstar plays poorly in a big game, the next week this whole "AGH BUT HE WAS HURT!" story comes out.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Denver is a cheater for not disclosing manning quad injury
    Last edited by tony_come; 01-12-15 at 12:22 PM.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

It sounds better after the game. If he would have won, the media would have praised him for winning with a torn quad and hailed him as the best qb to ever play. If he would have lost which it did, they could blame it on the quad

tony_come

Cheater cheater

Cheater cheater

Denver Denver

Denver Denver

YellowCurious
    YellowCurious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10707

If he had a torn quad for the last 2 months, he should have been listed on the injury report. I don't think he was.

tony_come

Why didn't Denver tell us the truth?

Denver is not playing by the rules

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Why didn't Denver tell us the truth?

Denver is not playing by the rules