LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
    not much movement on the news. TB is the play.
    Line has been off the board offshore since news broke. Went from Carolina -5.5 to -3.5 in Vegas.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Newton downgraded to "expected to miss".

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4985

Don't text and drive.

Especially in a monster truck.

mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 33062

Just sit him , they are done this year

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Just sit him , they are done this year
    One-half game out of first place.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

They weren't done but this is a blow.

Derek Anderson expected to start.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    Don't text and drive.

Especially in a monster truck.
    They said the other car ran a red light. Also, that isn't/wasn't much of a monster truck.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 463

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    They weren't done but this is a blow.

Derek Anderson expected to start.
    Anderson led them to a win over TB earlier this year. I like Anderson better as a Carolina QB than Cam.

LT Profits

Per footballguys.com:

Here’s the opinion of our Footballguys Staff MD, Dr. Jene Bramel on the situation. (and to be clear, it’s just that - Jene’s opinion based on what’s being reported)

Jene told us this:

Three reasons this is more significant than Romo -- in order of severity.

1. Romo's injury happened Monday night. Newton's Tuesday afternoon. Not a huge difference, but every hour counts in treatment and game prep.

2. Romo's injury was mid-back, Newton's is (reportedly) lower back. Difficulty with this injury is primarily pain and muscle spasm. Bigger bones, bigger muscles in lower back. More pain and tougher to deal with spasm.

3. Romo's injury was a knee to the back. Newton's occurred as part of a rollover car accident. No other reported injuries and overnight observation is likely just precaution. But that's a very significant difference.

It was nearly impossible for Romo to play after his injury. I give Newton zero chance to play this week -- best case is he's out of the hospital tomorrow -- and it's probably a big longshot to see him ready for Week 16.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Per footballguys.com:

Here’s the opinion of our Footballguys Staff MD, Dr. Jene Bramel on the situation. (and to be clear, it’s just that - Jene’s opinion based on what’s being reported)

Jene told us this:

Three reasons this is more significant than Romo -- in order of severity.

1. Romo's injury happened Monday night. Newton's Tuesday afternoon. Not a huge difference, but every hour counts in treatment and game prep.

2. Romo's injury was mid-back, Newton's is (reportedly) lower back. Difficulty with this injury is primarily pain and muscle spasm. Bigger bones, bigger muscles in lower back. More pain and tougher to deal with spasm.

3. Romo's injury was a knee to the back. Newton's occurred as part of a rollover car accident. No other reported injuries and overnight observation is likely just precaution. But that's a very significant difference.

It was nearly impossible for Romo to play after his injury. I give Newton zero chance to play this week -- best case is he's out of the hospital tomorrow -- and it's probably a big longshot to see him ready for Week 16.

dang

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Pick up Derek Anderson is you need a QB. A lot of times guys surprise people on their first game then suck the rest of them.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Anderson led them to a win over TB earlier this year. I like Anderson better as a Carolina QB than Cam.
    Mcoy led redskins to a win too and we saw what happen in Mcoy 2nd start

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

foxsports article

Panthers quarterbackCam Newton has returned to practice eight days after an automobile accident left him with two fractures in his lower back.
    Newton, wearing a long sleeve black shirt under his red practice jersey and a helmet, participated in all of the team drills Wednesday and did some throwing during the portion of practice open to the media. He didn't do much running.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    foxsports article

Panthers quarterbackCam Newton has returned to practice eight days after an automobile accident left him with two fractures in his lower back.
    Newton, wearing a long sleeve black shirt under his red practice jersey and a helmet, participated in all of the team drills Wednesday and did some throwing during the portion of practice open to the media. He didn't do much running.
    Hey Yisman, I'm not sure how to donate my points to St. Judes. I tried but it says I'm not allowed to transfer points.

BrickJames
    Action
    BrickJames's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8914

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Do I still play Benjamin this weekend in fantasy though ????
    Isnt there some site for fantasy football guys to stroke eachother? We bet on games guy.

First 12