Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

When the hell is Jordan Reed gonna suit up again? Put a band-aid on it already!!!

I had very high hopes for Jordan Reed this year as my fantasy tight end. I think his ceiling is as high as anybody's not named Jimmy Graham. But, of course, he gets injured on his very first catch of the year and has been sidelined ever since. I didn't pick up Niles Paul because I didn't expect a "mild" hamstring pull to keep him out very long, and plus, I drafted Charles Clay as a backup just in case.

Well it turns out that Clay is battling an injury himself and has been virtually worthless up to this point. Now I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to patch up that gaping hole on my roster until Reed returns, if he ever does. We know he's not playing this week against the Gmen and I've read week five against Seattle is in doubt too. What are the chances this clown suits up anytime soon? At this rate, he might as well have broken a bone... be less recovery time.

In the meantime, I'll just try to stay afloat with whatever TE production I can get off of waivers or, god forbid, have to play Clay some more.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Take a look at Josh Hill and Ben Watson...backups to Jimmy Graham.

Couldn't be worse than what you are fighting now.

Eddy Munny

Yeah, I don't think those guys are going to be anything close to consistent though. I may try my hand at Dwayne Allen or Owen Daniels. They seem to be the best available TE's right now on waivers. Austin Sefarian-Jenkins may even be decent (he's back from injury) but that would be a serious roll of the dice. Hopefully Allen/Daniels can get me through the next week or so and maybe by then I'll get some good news regarding Reed, but who knows.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Travis kelce available? Give Jared cook of the rams a look as well. Delanie walker? Larry donnell available?

daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

I 2nd the above response, take a look there. If none of those are available, I like Allen as your next best option and if not then Daniels isn't terrible as a fill in.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Travis kelce available? Give Jared cook of the rams a look as well. Delanie walker? Larry donnell available?
    Kelce, Cook, and Walker were all drafted (12 team league, 18 rounds). Donnell was snagged from waivers after week two. I picked up Dwayne Allen and hopefully he can tow the line for the next two weeks. I like the Colts offense, but there are a lot of mouths to feed, including other TE's like Fleener. Gotta do something to stop the bleeding though.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Kelce, Cook, and Walker were all drafted (12 team league, 18 rounds). Donnell was snagged from waivers after week two. I picked up Dwayne Allen and hopefully he can tow the line for the next two weeks. I like the Colts offense, but there are a lot of mouths to feed, including other TE's like Fleener. Gotta do something to stop the bleeding though.
    I like Allen as a stopgap.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Reed is always hurt, or so it seems. I had him last year for a week or two and then he got hurt and missed almost a month. Came back, played a few more games then was out for the rest of the year.

Either of the Colts TE might be a good option if you have no one else.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

You could be in my TE situation. I had to take Myers from Tampa this week. Other options were Graham, Rivera, S-Jenkins, Toilolo. It was weak. I'll probably have to settle with Jared Cook going forward. Just not a fan of his at all.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

already been real sketchy for your man reed there, tough situation.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I drafted Reed to fill in week 4 for Julius Thomas and hopefully become trade bait after but that plans shot. Tried using him last year and got burnt as well by injury. One of those guys, like Ryan Matthews, who I'll never touch again.

Picked up SD TE Ladarius Green this morning, who's set to go off against the Jags and probably available in every league.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Reed is always hurt, or so it seems. I had him last year for a week or two and then he got hurt and missed almost a month. Came back, played a few more games then was out for the rest of the year.

Either of the Colts TE might be a good option if you have no one else.
    Yeah, in my mind, I felt like Jordan Reed's injuries last year made him a value pick this year. I mean if he could just stay healthy, he has the potential to post some amazing numbers as a matchup nightmare for opponents, and a red zone demon in an efficient pass oriented offense. Had he stayed healthy last year, his numbers would have caught everyone's attention and driven his ADP up immensely. I really was looking forward to having him as one of the cornerstones on my roster. But alas, the injury bug bites again.

The frustrating part is that the hamstring pull was easily avoidable if Jordan Reed doesn't go lunging skyward for some inexplicable reason. It was a pretty routine play and the tackler had him by the legs. Jordan jumps up as if he's going to escape the grasp of the defender (not a chance), and in doing so, pulls his hamstring. The fact that Niles Paul is doing so well in his absence only confirms my suspicion that Reed was on track to have a stellar year. Paul is a fairly talented player, but he is not in the same class as Jordan Reed... or even close imo.

I'll just have to weather the storm a bit. There have been an inordinate number of injuries this year, affecting many fantasy relevant players so I know I'm not the only one with a reason to gripe. I even benched Jay Cutler (who I drafted to be my QB1) the week he played the 49ers because reports were coming out that Marshall and Jeffery were "75 percent" likely to miss the game due to injuries. So I play Jake Locker against the hapless Cowboys and he delivers a pitiful performance while Cutler throws 4 freaking touchdowns (both WR's ended up playing). That was the difference between a win and a loss. I could go on, but you get the idea.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    You could be in my TE situation. I had to take Myers from Tampa this week. Other options were Graham, Rivera, S-Jenkins, Toilolo. It was weak. I'll probably have to settle with Jared Cook going forward. Just not a fan of his at all.
    Yeah, that's a tough spot to be in for sure. Myers may be the best option of the bunch, but I'd be wary of ASJ getting some run at TE. After that unwatchable performance the Bucs turned in last week, the staff may start evaluating personnel to see if they can salvage anything this year and Jenkins may be an offensive weapon they feel they need to utilize sooner rather than later. I'm just speculating though, I have no idea how that shakes out. I'd be uncomfortable going forward with Cook too. I feel your pain.

Who was your original TE?

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Season over for the redskins.

MexicanStallion

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yeah, that's a tough spot to be in for sure. Myers may be the best option of the bunch, but I'd be wary of ASJ getting some run at TE. After that unwatchable performance the Bucs turned in last week, the staff may start evaluating personnel to see if they can salvage anything this year and Jenkins may be an offensive weapon they feel they need to utilize sooner rather than later. I'm just speculating though, I have no idea how that shakes out. I'd be uncomfortable going forward with Cook too. I feel your pain.

Who was your original TE?
    Yeah I absoultely can't stand Cook. He's played poorly for me before.

Of course it was Pitta.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Looks like they are going to need to read soon now.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Finally rounding into form following his late-preseason back injury, Garrett Graham is in play as a Week 4 streamer tight end. Buffalo's defense allowed 8-70-1 to Martellus Bennett in Week 1, seven catches to Charles Clay in Week 2, and a combined 5-72 line to San Diego's tight ends last Sunday. Graham played 80% of Houston's offensive snaps last week, catching 5-of-6 targets for 41 yards. If you're in a bye-week bind, Graham should be on your radar. ...

LT Profits

I picked up Donnell yesterday and started him over Delanie Walker.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I picked up Donnell yesterday and started him over Delanie Walker.
    Nice, but don't be surprised if Delanie scores similar points. Colts D not sharp against TE. Might consider baiting with Donnell while his hype is red hot because last night will be the best game of his season.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Nice, but don't be surprised if Delanie scores similar points. Colts D not sharp against TE. Might consider baiting with Donnell while his hype is red hot because last night will be the best game of his season.
    Well doubt that he matches last night, but I still think he has loads of upside with Eli looking more comfortable in McAdoo's offense. My season projections only show Walker's rest-of-season points slightly ahead of Donnell, so worth holding both to play matchups.

Rank Player Pos Team ThisWk RestOfYr PPG Value
    1 Jimmy Graham TE NO / 6 18.1 225.5 18.7 68.9
    2 Julius Thomas TE DEN / 4 0.0 198.0 15.2 40.6
    3 Greg Olsen TE CAR / 12 13.5 175.0 14.5 35.1
    4 Rob Gronkowski TE NE / 10 14.4 156.0 13.3 25.8
    5 Martellus Bennett TE CHI / 9 13.3 152.0 12.7 22.5
    6 Antonio Gates TE SD / 10 13.9 130.0 11.1 4.8
    7 Zach Ertz TE PHI / 7 10.5 133.0 11.0 4.7
    8 Delanie Walker TE TEN / 9 10.8 132.0 11.0 4.5
    9 Jordan Cameron TE CLE / 4 0.0 136.5 10.7 3.2
    10 Vernon Davis TE SF / 8 11.6 125.0 10.6 3.0
    11 Larry Donnell TE NYG / 8 10.3 125.0 10.4 2.5
    12 Jason Witten TE DAL / 11 10.4 119.0 10.0 1.0
    13 Heath Miller TE PIT / 12 10.1 119.0 9.9 1.0
    14 Travis Kelce TE KC / 6 10.2 118.5 9.9 1.0
    15 Owen Daniels TE BAL / 11 9.9 118.0 9.8 1.0

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He better suit up this coming week since Cousins' favorite target got ko'd by Demps.

Eddy Munny

Sounds like Reed is making progress and may be available for Monday night against Seattle. If not by then, I'd imagine week 6 for sure. I'll take any good news at this point.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

his season is pretty much shot to death..

Eddy Munny

Because of a hammy pull? If he makes it back for Seattle, how does that equate to his season being shot to death?

MexicanStallion

Yup sounds like he could be back this week. Paul played well while he was away though. Shame about the concussion.

Eddy Munny

I hope Paul got his bell rung pretty good. I don't need him vulturing TE touches from my man Reed.

I know that may sound bit insensitive, but my playoff hopes are hanging in the balance. I have priorities dammit.