zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Breaking: Vikings place Adrian Peterson on 'Commissioners Exempt List'

The Minnesota Vikings have reversed course on Adrian Peterson, putting him on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list until his child-abuse case is resolved, which effectively bars him from all team activities, the team said in a news release early Wednesday morning.
    "After giving the situation additional thought, we have decided this is the appropriate course of action for the organization and for Adrian," Vikings owners Zygi Wilf and Mark Wilf said in a team news release. "We are always focused on trying to make the right decision as an organization.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...drian-peterson

Who will be the AP's next team? Team losing sponsors - he's losing endorsements. I think guy is done in Minny.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

the thing that bothers me about this whole thing is he doesn't think he's a child abuser. i know most of these football players are dumb as a rock but is he really that stupid? this fukking guy!!!

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Jerry Jones' next HB.

zola
    zola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    the thing that bothers me about this whole thing is he doesn't think he's a child abuser. i know most of these football players are dumb as a rock but is he really that stupid? this fukking guy!!!
    He's always came off to me as narcissistic type. Look at his interviews. I heard a couple of stories on radio today that said when he meets and greets people with a hand shake, he takes unusual pride in causing to the other person. That's kind of weird.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

He's done for sure in Minn.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

“@AndrewSiciliano: This reads like a late-night goodbye letter. Peterson is due $12.75 million in 2015 at 30 years old. Do the math.”

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Nice. The guy i'm playing this week in fantasy has AP.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Jerry Jones' next HB.
    Murray>AD

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think he's done period

It's amazing how this story is bigger than Rice

Hall of Fame career all gone

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Adrian Peterson Now OUT for Week 3 and Beyond

The Vikings did a complete 180 from their announcement on Monday.

The Vikings announced early Wednesday morning that they're placing Adrian Peterson on the Exempt/Commissioner's Permission list, requiring the running back to stay away from the team until further notice.

There's no mandatory length of stay on the list, but the Vikings indicated that Peterson would remain there "until the legal proceedings are resolved." Clearly, that suggests it'll be more than a one- or two-week matter. Instead, it now seems Matt Asiata could be the Vikings' starting running back for the long haul

jjgold

LT I told you this after he got reinstated he was not playing

He's done minimum one year

LT Profits

I have now been annoyed twice in the last three days.

When AP was first re-instated, I got the sense that there was a double standard because Peterson is an elite running back and he would have been given the Ray Rice treatment if he was less talented.

With that being said, I am actually rubbed more the wrong way now because the Vikings made their decision, and whether you agree with it or not, they did a complete 180 two days later. They caved in to outside forces instead of having the balls to stand by their decision.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Monitor-Tan

jjgold

LT run these announcements by me 1st

I have tremendous feel what organizations will do

Thanks

Ebumdude
    HTX
    Ebumdude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1843

Didn't he just say not too long ago that he would be playing for Dallas?

sounds like a convenient chain of events to me. Regardless of what he did, he was pulled for one game, now he is on the exempt list....he will be done in Minn. They will release him and Dallas will be there to comfort him with open arms.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Budweiser: "Fix your shit, bitch.".

NFL: "Right away, sir!".

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Murray>AD
    Way better.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post

When AP was first re-instated, I got the sense that there was a double standard because Peterson is an elite running back and he would have been given the Ray Rice treatment if he was less talented.

With that being said, I am actually rubbed more the wrong way now because the Vikings made their decision, and whether you agree with it or not, they did a complete 180 two days later. They caved in to outside forces instead of having the balls to stand by their decision.
    Agree. That was pathetic.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Agree. That was pathetic.
    There's 11.5 million reasons why the Vikings can't cut AP. If I understand correct, Ravens don't have to pay Rice a dime.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unreal

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    There's 11.5 million reasons why the Vikings can't cut AP. If I understand correct, Ravens don't have to pay Rice a dime.
    I am sure the Vikings could also find a way to get off the hook from paying AP by invoking a character clause if they chose to. Anyway, No Coin was referring to the sudden reversal, not the original decision itself.

slacker00

I am sure the Vikings could also find a way to get off the hook from paying AP by invoking a character clause if they chose to. Anyway, No Coin was referring to the sudden reversal, not the original decision itself.
    The reversal was because the Vikings never wanted to suspend him in the first place, but did 1 game paid suspension to relieve some pressure. It was a mistake to reinstate him, it seems, they underestimated the situation.

You might be right about the contract, I was just repeating something I heard, I didn't check into it myself.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

it's called money talks, bullshit walks. when the sponsors threaten to bail, you have no other choice. but i find it quite ironic that anheuser-busch is so upset about the nfl handling ray rice and adrian peterson situation.

their quote, "we are not yet satisfied with the league's handling of behaviors that so clearly go against our own company culture and moral code." lol fukking hypocrite motherfukkers!!!

it's funny to me that an alcohol company is bring up culture and moral code. i can guarantee there's been more women and kids being physically abused while being under the influence of their product than ray rice and adrian peterson combined x a million. shit like this really pisses me off. never drinking their shit product ever!!!
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave Ghenghis Kahn 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    never drinking their shit product ever!!!
    I wish I could say the same thing, but I never drank that brand anyway. The worst beer in a world of bad beer.