MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Will Peterson play this season? Is he even worth holding onto in 10-12 Team Leagues.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hey might never play again in the NFL

He is done this year

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

The media and society are putting their foot down for this kind of behavior out of the rich and famous. For so long guys would get a slap on the wrist but not anymore.

Marooner
    Marooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1465

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Let him play. If he committed a crime, let the law deal with it. The NFL is telling these guys how to raise their children now.

buddha
    buddha's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you support the decision to prevent AP from playing before he has been convicted of anything then you are as ignorant as the FemiNazis, Religious Fanatics and Narcissistic Hillbillys who's only real reason for whining on social media about this is to satisfy their ego's requirement that they not miss a chance to let the World know what Moral, Righteous & superior human beings that they are.

Stop being clones you Mindless Sheep. Spineless cowards you either know, within your hearts, that it is wrong to suspend AP prior to him having been convicted of anything or you're just plain stoopid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler, and Monitor-Tan

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Ray rice was never convicted either... So there goes that theory...
    ray rice admitted guilt when he signed the deal

Marooner
    Marooner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1465

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4949

To risky for the Vikings to let him play until the matter is taken care of completely.

I doubt he plays this year.

buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Carseller4 View Post
    To risky for the Vikings to let him play until the matter is taken care of completely.

I doubt he plays this year.
    Admit that its bullcrap though. That policy, proceedings on this matter (and the Rice situation) should be set by stay at home Moms with nothing better to do with their time then to peck out facebook rants and tweets + a national media that is only interested in ratings and fans the fires of extremism to that end.

Do You LIKE that we've arrived at a place that sees the loss of 2 Starting Running Backs, the decimation of Ray & Janay's lives solely so that some self appointed judges can prop themselves up before the world as morally superior and so that Media can increase ratings?

Or is it easier to pretend theres real outrage present and just repeat what the fanatics say so as to appear also a Moral and Good human being?

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

woops, vikings gonna be picked on pretty much now. last 2 weeks, been dreadful

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by buddha View Post
    Admit that its bullcrap though. That policy, proceedings on this matter (and the Rice situation) should be set by stay at home Moms with nothing better to do with their time then to peck out facebook rants and tweets + a national media that is only interested in ratings and fans the fires of extremism to that end.

Do You LIKE that we've arrived at a place that sees the loss of 2 Starting Running Backs, the decimation of Ray & Janay's lives solely so that some self appointed judges can prop themselves up before the world as morally superior and so that Media can increase ratings?

Or is it easier to pretend theres real outrage present and just repeat what the fanatics say so as to appear also a Moral and Good human being?
    Hypocrite. You are using social media to fan the fires of this news item. You have no moral high ground.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Let him play. If he committed a crime, let the law deal with it. The NFL is telling these guys how to raise their children now.
    The NFL & their sponsors are telling these guys not to beat their kids.

buddha

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Hypocrite. You are using social media to fan the fires of this news item. You have no moral high ground.
    True.

NIce Catch.

I didn't think anyone would detect it.

I won't be lured in any farther tho cause my proposal of what the nfl (and the world) should do now would never be done so i'm out.

I have no dog in this fight. Past just asking people to not allow Internet Warriors to lead us to stupid places where football season is also an hour of masssive cacaphony from sad irrelevant attention whores.

I'm washing my hands of the whole ordeal and gonna just try to go on with my life because my solution of Goddell resigning, no new commissioner appointed rather the nfl setting up 37 Computer Monitors with the heads of all 37 of the homebound morbidly obese loudmouth "women" and Black Femenists and one guy that were responsible for the whole "public outcry"s of late to be projected enmasse within a room of nfl headquarters and these 36 gals and one dude can decide whats gonna be done from now on.....

...they could be, like, "Group-Commisioner"

they're never gonna go with this suggestion so I give up on the whole mess.

Most people would admit that they realize Goddell neds to either resign or call a press conference. Tell it like it is, in whichever case.:
    "I'm not gonna let you whiny lost souls drive me from my job OR SET POLICY FOR THE NFL RICE IS BACK IN."

then throw the mike to the floor and leave the room or

"fuk it i'm leaving. ya'll sad sacks that wanna tell others how to live like your some kinda messiah then cry like babies till you get your way fuk ya'll....ya'll can have it." then throw the microphone to the ground kick over the podium then exit the room.

To me thems the only real 2 options Goddell has.

As a man.

As a Lizard maybe he would have more options but if so I'm sure they would all still involve taking care of the situation rather than lollygagging about like nothing happened. Roger got his ass owned by a bunch of Internet Trolls and caused all football fans to get owned as well. The world needs to shut the fuk up and Roger is the only person in this crapstorm who can tell them that. and he should do that.

Where do you think that these Internet Trolls are gonna stop now that they've tasted blood?

You think everythings just gonna be cool now?

If you're an NFL Running Back i don't want you even leaving your house this season. Just stay inside. A New Sherriff is in town with a camera and an insatiable desire to destroy your life so they can stand upon the rubble and merrily proclaim thier righteousness to all.

I guess there is a 3rd option for Roger. To continue on as a punked out bytch of a paper tiger OWNED commissioner but i'd hope Mr. Gooddell doesn't consider this 3rd option .

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Well, buddha, we live in an age of rapid change. Soon everyone's fleeting thoughts will be broadcast for the world to see, there will be no privacy, no pride, everyone will be on trial in all ways at all times. Being buddha, I imagine you have special insight into this ultimate spiritual awakening, the "singularity". Rice and Peterson are just fleeting indicators of an unstoppable phenomenon.

buddha

No special insight. Thats attributes created by men, an idea they had no different than how guys came up with Bugs Bunny and Wiley Coyote and Big Bird. We each are the only ones who can find "answers" the only real question is how can we lessen the suffering on this place. When we answer that question a whole lot of other questions mysteriously vanish.

POOLSIDE
    POOLSIDE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

What is it about some of you guys not understanding businesses and pr? The Vikings tried to keep him active. They don't really care about the charges, they just want their mvp running back. But there was backlash, public backlash, and this incident happened at a very inopportune time for the NFL, another business with more pr. Plus there are pictures and they're bad. He's admitting he caused the damage in the pictures, not denying it. He's claiming he thinks it's okay because he was raised that way.

Doesn't really matter how you feel about it, because most people feel a certain way about it. Like, decent people, people with children, people with money and oh, especially decent people with children and money. These people don't want to see a guy who admittedly injures children (who cares about the justification or motive?) make millions of dollars and be glorified in the media for his accomplishments playing a game when he hurts small children. They don't want to watch their children cheer for him, subconsciously learning that bad behavior is okay if you have enough money/power/influence.

There is no verdict to wait for. He does not get to work until a criminal court reaches a decision. The court of public opinion has already reached a decision, and they immediately came to the correct decision, that hurting four year old children is wrong no matter what.

You buffoons that think he should be allowed to work in a high profile, highly influential (especially to young boys who are the future fathers of our children) job don't get it. His job isn't a right, it's a privilege. He's not in jail. No one is putting him in jail or convicting him of anything before his fair and just trial, but the companies he works for are not willing to take the pr hit by keeping him as an employee. I'd also like to believe that it's more than that, that some higher ups in these companies feel the same way about child abuse as you should, but that thought process unfortunately seems naïve, especially with this much money at stake.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

The court of public opinion is becoming more powerful. Companies put pressure on the NFL because they can't lose customers. If you want to be famous these days you better not let anyone find out about any mistakes you make that are morally questionable

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    The court of public opinion is becoming more powerful. Companies put pressure on the NFL because they can't lose customers. If you want to be famous these days you better not let anyone find out about any mistakes you make that are morally questionable
    That's a little dramatic. This isn't a situation where he may or may not have been involved in a bar fight. We aren't waiting for witnesses or evidence. He admitted lashing a four year old child to the point you see in pictures. Worse, he's not remorseful or even admitting he went too far. He doesn't see the problem.

Step back for a second and remember, four year old child. Four. He's a toddler being beaten by his athlete father. It's not okay.

This isn't a Donald Sterling situation where he's getting absolutely screwed for something totally legal that never should have been public knowledge. He's abusing children, dude. It's not morally questionable. It may have been morally questionable in decades past, but we move forward as a species. Beating children to this point, not okay ever. End of story.

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Even his little son said he forgave his father and that he should play in the game.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

I know he said he whipped his son with a "switch", but has the police came out and said was really happened?

Was he spanking his son with a stick or beating him down like he owed him money?

chico2663

poolside you are what is wrong with america.i got my ass whipped with curtain rods ;hot wheel tracks and switches. Had welts that lasted couple of weeks. Probably reason I an not in jail or dead. If more parents whipped their children( welts or not) than maybe this country would be in better shape. Problem is today's society is run by a bunch of pansies, Oh I can't have my kid whipped. Hell i grew up in killeen texas(army) and we had an older black guy that used to bust every ones ass. I remember in the 70's getting my ass whipped by a paddle by the principal.Used to pray that my father didn't find out so I didn't get it a second time.Problem is today is there is no discipline.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

everything is rigged for your subconscious mind to stay hypnotized, we are all just being controlled.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    poolside you are what is wrong with america.i got my ass whipped with curtain rods ;hot wheel tracks and switches. Had welts that lasted couple of weeks. Probably reason I an not in jail or dead. If more parents whipped their children( welts or not) than maybe this country would be in better shape. Problem is today's society is run by a bunch of pansies, Oh I can't have my kid whipped. Hell i grew up in killeen texas(army) and we had an older black guy that used to bust every ones ass. I remember in the 70's getting my ass whipped by a paddle by the principal.Used to pray that my father didn't find out so I didn't get it a second time.Problem is today is there is no discipline.
    You're an idiot, so I'm not going to address this in too much detail.

My father is a brigadier general in the US Army. I got hit when I acted like a fool. Not with a tree branch or any other weapon though, and not when I was four. I don't have a problem with reasonable physical punishment, that's not the issue. I'm aware that it's way too much to ask for that all parents would be intelligent enough to lead by example, explanation, and communication rather than spankings etc.

Maybe if your father hadn't hit you with so many things, you'd have learned how to spell and punctuate a sentence.

Point remains, Adrian has absolutely no right to continue working. His employers have every right to fire or suspend him for his behavior. As influential companies, especially to little boys in the developmental years, they also have a moral obligation to do so.

In the unfortunate for the rest of us event that you have children of your own, consider ways of teaching them that aren't fear based. Give it a shot, what's the worst thing that can happen?

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Hitting Your Kids Increases Their Risk of Mental Illness

http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/0...ental-illness/
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: POOLSIDE

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

"Their risk of mood disorders, including depression and mania, was 1.5 times greater than people who hadn’t been slapped or grabbed. The risk of depression alone was 1.4 times greater, which was the same rate for anxiety. People who’d been physically punished were 1.6 times more likely to abuse alcohol, and 1.5 times more likely to abuse drugs."

What is that 1.5, 1.4 and 1.5 times OF.. like .000001%? I'll take my chances.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Monitor-Tan View Post
    "Their risk of mood disorders, including depression and mania, was 1.5 times greater than people who hadn’t been slapped or grabbed. The risk of depression alone was 1.4 times greater, which was the same rate for anxiety. People who’d been physically punished were 1.6 times more likely to abuse alcohol, and 1.5 times more likely to abuse drugs."

What is that 1.5, 1.4 and 1.5 times OF.. like .000001%? I'll take my chances.
    Yes, because the chance of suffering from a mental disorder, depression, alcoholism, or drug addiction is one in a million. Correct.

There are 315 million people in the United States. Only 315 of them suffer from any of these things. Never mind, hit your kids.

chico2663

dude i maxed the asvab test twice. The reason my spelling is off is because just had a stroke and could care less. Most people that criticize spelling and punctuation are punks that never played a sport in their life. Used to pound officers kid when lived in killeen (ft.hood.) texas.Did basic and jump at benning so penetrate off!
    Last edited by chico2663; 09-24-14 at 07:49 PM.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
    Yes, because the chance of suffering from a mental disorder, depression, alcoholism, or drug addiction is one in a million. Correct.

There are 315 million people in the United States. Only 315 of them suffer from any of these things. Never mind, hit your kids.
    exactly keep hittin them lil guys they will turn out just fine! nothing like introducing them to first hand violence from a loved one at such a young age

chico2663

If you were a person of color all you had was the military in the 60's and 70's!

chico2663

That is such bullshit! My grandfather was d.i. and used to beat shit out of everyone. 3 uncles. One was little all-american at tarlton state in late 60's. Became policeman in san antonio than was a teacher in same city. Another played ball at tex a.m.for couple yrs and dropped out to work at brown and root. Went in business for himself.If you see an oil-rig that was put up after 75 was produced by his company or guy he put in business. Or uncle who played ball at u.t. who became regional v.p. at p.and g. People are always looking for an out.

POOLSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    dude i maxed the asvab test twice. The reason my spelling is off is because just had a stroke and could care less. Most people that criticize spelling and punctuation are punks that never played a sport in their life. Used to pound officers kid when lived in killeen (ft.hood.) texas.Did basic and jump at benning so penetrate off!
    Sounds like you've always been a great guy to be around. Pro child abuse now, pounding other kids back in the day. Good for you.

Not to sound insensitive, but I wonder if they're ever done a study on correlation between being beaten as a child and having a stroke as an adult. Imagine if there were some parallels, wouldn't that take you right off the high horse.

At 31 years old, I'm 6'2" 185lbs. Never played a sport in my life couldn't be a less accurate shot in the dark. However, not the point. The point is companies have the right to suspend or fire employees for any behavior that violates their code of conduct or is in any way, shape, or form detrimental to the company or the image of the company. I don't know why that's so difficult for some of you to understand. He has a job. Part of his job description is to not get arrested. He didn't live up to that and was subsequently suspended. Just like if a truck driver gets caught drinking on the job, or if a department store clerk refuses to wear the required uniform, they're fired. End of story.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

well done Peterson! lol your offense managed just 3 fgs without you.

chico2663

stroke has nothing to do with being beaten and thank you for the sensitivity.Your right about companies having the right to suspend. Problem was minn wasn't going to suspend until the sensitivity police got involved. Sort of like you can't say anything to offend muslims! It's time to call it as we see it.The child will heal from this. Problem is that the liberals have taking over society and you can't discipline children. Then when kids get older we wonder what we did wrong. Maybe if some of our children get whipped we wouldn't be having the crime rate we do. When I grew up we didn't take pills for adhd. We went to principals office and got paddled!

First 123