LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Cam Newton Now Questionable

...to play Week 1 Sunday.

Speaking after Thursday's limited practice, Cam Newton (ribs) hinted he may not play Sunday.

"I am human," Newton said. "I don't want to put this team in jeopardy (if I'm not ready)." Newton said it's hard to make "sudden moves," and that it's "sometimes" manageable to throw. He did add that he's "on pace" to play, but the quotes speak to real doubt about his Sunday status, doubt that wasn't evident before Thursday. Newton, who has never missed a game, should no longer be considered guaranteed to suit up against the Bucs...

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Just picked up tampas d. Fukk it. Doubt he plays and if he does he'll be gimped anyhow

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Good info, been leaving this game alone because I kept hearing rumors, glad I did!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

the Panthers dont have the luxury of letting Cam sit this game out.

he is almost 100% of the Panthers offense. They need him as a running back every bit as much as they need him as QB.

he will play and play well.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    the Panthers dont have the luxury of letting Cam sit this game out.

he is almost 100% of the Panthers offense. They need him as a running back every bit as much as they need him as QB.

he will play and play well.
    That has been the feeling all along (well, the PLAYING part lol) but like the piece said, this was the first inclination that there may be some doubt. And remember, Questionable is still 50/50, so it's not like he is out yet.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Kam doesn't play I would just forfeit the game

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5033

Don't like the way he is talking.

Doubt he plays.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

He will play

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Panthers and Bucs have a unique divisional rivalry ATS trend.
    Each season, one of these teams will cover the spread twice then reverse the season after.
    If this trend continues. The Bucs are going to win the ATS twice this season.
    Last edited by GunShard; 09-04-14 at 10:35 PM.

FlyinAir
    SDQL
    FlyinAir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

GunShard,

Interesting. I'm sure we all could find many more of those situations, and they went there own direction. Something to keep in mind, but nothing guaranteed obviously

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

I like tb to win on Sunday. .

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Typical gamesmanship. He'll play.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinAir View Post
    GunShard,

Interesting. I'm sure we all could find many more of those situations, and they went there own direction. Something to keep in mind, but nothing guaranteed obviously
    Yep, trends can change at anytime.
    The only time ATS trends tend to be useful are on divisional rivals.

LT Profits

Speaking after Thursday's practice, Panthers coach Ron Rivera admitted Cam Newton (ribs) will likely be a game-time decision for Sunday's opener against the Bucs.

For what it's worth, Rivera agreed with Newton's assessment that he's "on pace" to play, but it doesn't sound like we're going to gain clarity before Sunday. That's bad news, as the Bucs and Panthers don't kick off until 4:25 ET, meaning some fantasy owners could be forced to set their lineup without knowing their QB1's status. Newton owners coming into the season without a backup quarterback need to make a move some time in the next 72 hours. Derek Anderson is the Panthers' No. 2.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

He's going to play. He is a big guy with pride and starting season on sideline when new contract is in sight is enough to make him block out pain.

DrGame
    DrGame's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if he does play, one big hit could finish his day and everyone will be gunning for the rib cage

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If Kam doesn't play I would just forfeit the game

Lol

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Questionable? Time to fade the panthers.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

Like someone said earlier, i don't like the way he's talking either. If he plays he may not play well because he's not ready. That's basically what i'm getting from what he said.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

His foot is also a problem. Anyone who's had a rib injury like this knows that IF he plays it will not be the Cam we're used to seeing. If Rivera has any sense he would sit him and not risk more injury in week 1.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Luckycharms2012 View Post
    Like someone said earlier, i don't like the way he's talking either. If he plays he may not play well because he's not ready. That's basically what i'm getting from what he said.
    i wouldnt make any assumptions based on what he says or said....

nobody ever accused Cam of being well spoken or articulate.

he is a football player a 6 foot 6 and 250 pound beast. Football is all he lives for. He will play and he will be aggressive. He is not some pretty boy pussy like the guy under center in Dallas. Cam is a beast and the Panthers win this game comfortably.

i dont know what all the hesitancy is about this is the easiest game on the Panthers schedule the entire year. They win this easily and may pull Cam in the 3rd after they get a big lead to let Derek get some reps.

this is a 12-4 team with super bowl aspirations we are talking about.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    i wouldnt make any assumptions based on what he says or said....

nobody ever accused Cam of being well spoken or articulate.

he is a football player a 6 foot 6 and 250 pound beast. Football is all he lives for. He will play and he will be aggressive. He is not some pretty boy pussy like the guy under center in Dallas. Cam is a beast and the Panthers win this game comfortably.

i dont know what all the hesitancy is about this is the easiest game on the Panthers schedule the entire year. They win this easily and may pull Cam in the 3rd after they get a big lead to let Derek get some reps.

this is a 12-4 team with super bowl aspirations we are talking about.
    He has two cracked ribs, it doesn't matter how big and strong you are, that shit hurts and would limit anyone's mobility.

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Under looks tasty in this matchup.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    Down to 38 though. Although Under would be no surprise, it is getting harder to play Unders in the 30's in modern day NFL.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    Be careful. TB could be explosive this season and a hurt Cam or the backup playing could mean Carolina's D gets worn out.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

over over over.

LT Profits

OK, leaning more toward Probable now.

Cam Newton (ribs) participated in throwing drills at practice Friday.

It's a step in the right direction after Newton was held out of throwing drills Thursday. According to DeAngelo Williams, Newton wasn't limited at all on Friday. We'll provide another update once the official injury report is released, but it appears we're still staring at a game-time decision for Newton against the Bucs.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    over over over.
    Why? Two defensive minded coaches, divisional game, I could see 17-13 or something, especially if Cam's ribs are achy.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Down to 38 though. Although Under would be no surprise, it is getting harder to play Unders in the 30's in modern day NFL.
    We've got a hobbled Cam Newton against McCown, not exactly Peyton versus Brady.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Read that Derek Anderson may have sat in on broadcast production meeting. Not a good sign for Cam playing 4 quarters. Anderson is awful.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Newton will play, but Carolina will regress this year.

If you want a future to play and can tie your money up all year take Caroline under for wins. They may not win 5 games this year.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

...to play Week 1 Sunday.

Speaking after Thursday's limited practice, Cam Newton (ribs) hinted he may not play Sunday.

"I am human," Newton said. "I don't want to put this team in jeopardy (if I'm not ready)." Newton said it's hard to make "sudden moves," and that it's "sometimes" manageable to throw. He did add that he's "on pace" to play, but the quotes speak to real doubt about his Sunday status, doubt that wasn't evident before Thursday. Newton, who has never missed a game, should no longer be considered guaranteed to suit up against the Bucs...

orly?

buddha
    buddha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dude is not playing with cracked ribs.

Line retracing offa -3 to the Bucs but just -2.5 at present not movin very fast

when I made made my play on TB early week 'twas a sharp feeling play now its just a public mess.

Dude is not playing with cracked ribs. Previous posters who posted he's playing have never had cracked ribs.

scumbag
    scumbag's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big bear is delusional to think Carolina is contending for the playoffs.

nice front seven, but not much more than that outside of cam. Secondary and oline are obv worse. Not many weapons.

im on TB -2 and feel pretty good about it, even if cam goes.

LT Profits

The plot thickens!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports coach Ron Rivera is considering holding Cam Newton (ribs) out of Sunday's Week 1 tilt with the Bucs.

Per Rapoport, Newton and his teammates are "optimistic" the quarterback will be able to play. But Rivera is concerned and may end up holding Cam out in an effort to have him healthy for the remainder of the season. The latter makes the most sense. Putting Newton out there against a physical Bucs defense and exposing him to big hits wouldn't be smart. Signs continue to point to Derek Anderson getting the nod under center come 4:25 PM ET.

12 Last