homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

right now i would take the HEAT or the PACERS to win the East reg season you can have all other teams and i am confident in my two

Cavs will be very good in year 2 with lebron.

Bulls hopes rest entirely on Rose's glass knees. without him at 90% or more, they are TOAST

Wizards and Raptors will be good

but again, give me HEAT and PACERS to win the reg season and you can have the rest

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Tossup in the East but I wouldn't be confident in the Pacers or Heat. The Pacers fell apart and aren't going anywhere but down.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have NOTHING on the wing. Butler should be a bench player, lets be real here, as JVG has stated loudly many times. Dunleavy isn't a starting 3. Kirk as the lead backup 1 and 2? He hasn't even been league average in 2 years. 4 out of 5 best players are bigs. Really poor management per usual for the Bulls. Thibs will find a way and they'll probably get rolled again in round 2 or the ECF. Ariza/Deng/Lance/Parsons/Pierce all would have been clear better fits.

lagoonlife
    Swing and a miss
    lagoonlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 910

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Magic is nuts. Bulls can be the team to beat if Rose is healthy. Cavs will take a while to get chemistry going. LeBron will have to adjust to having to score 50 pts a game again.
    didnt get much help in miami either towards the end

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by lagoonlife View Post
    didnt get much help in miami either towards the end
    Yep. These last 2 years he had nobody, Bosh showed up at random times and Wade was a corpse. Cavs should get the east easily, I just don't think they stand a chance in the finals.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    They have NOTHING on the wing. Butler should be a bench player, lets be real here, as JVG has stated loudly many times. Dunleavy isn't a starting 3. Kirk as the lead backup 1 and 2? He hasn't even been league average in 2 years. 4 out of 5 best players are bigs. Really poor management per usual for the Bulls. Thibs will find a way and they'll probably get rolled again in round 2 or the ECF. Ariza/Deng/Lance/Parsons/Pierce all would have been clear better fits.
    Butler is better than all of those guys, but Dudleavy is a miss. I think Bulls might still have a trade left to get another wing. Also, Tony Snell seems to have really progressed and McDermott could step in and bring a lot.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Butler is better than all of those guys, but Dudleavy is a miss. I think Bulls might still have a trade left to get another wing. Also, Tony Snell seems to have really progressed and McDermott could step in and bring a lot.
    Butler is better than Luol but at this point the other guys are all superior to him, and that doesn't really matter because they didnt need to trade him to sign any of them. Butler with Ariza/Lance/Parsons/Pierce or even with Deng back would be really, really solid on the wing and give them a legitimate title chance. Wasting that space on 2 backup bigs and a below league average player in Kirk is awful. Just really poor roster configuration.

I hope they have something in the works on the wing. If McDermott can score he would be great for this team, but there's no way to no that yet. The east is weak so if Rose plays a full season they have a punchers chance though.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Butler is better than Luol but at this point the other guys are all superior to him, and that doesn't really matter because they didnt need to trade him to sign any of them. Butler with Ariza/Lance/Parsons/Pierce or even with Deng back would be really, really solid on the wing and give them a legitimate title chance. Wasting that space on 2 backup bigs and a below league average player in Kirk is awful. Just really poor roster configuration.

I hope they have something in the works on the wing. If McDermott can score he would be great for this team, but there's no way to no that yet. The east is weak so if Rose plays a full season they have a punchers chance though.
    They have much more than a punchers chance. They finished 4th last year, and this year they add Rose, Gasol, McDermott, and Mirotic. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls finish in the 1 spot in the East.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    They have much more than a punchers chance. They finished 4th last year, and this year they add Rose, Gasol, McDermott, and Mirotic. Wouldn't be surprised if the Bulls finish in the 1 spot in the East.
    4 of their best 5 players are bigs. Not enough minutes to go around, and nothing on the wing. McDermott is a wild card and Thibs hates playing rookies.

But yeah, by punchers chance I mean they'll probably be a 2 or 3 seed and lose to the Cavs in the ECF. I hope they win the title but with this roster it's hard to see. They literally have nothing on the wing.

meader99

4 of their best 5 players are bigs. Not enough minutes to go around, and nothing on the wing. McDermott is a wild card and Thibs hates playing rookies.

But yeah, by punchers chance I mean they'll probably be a 2 or 3 seed and lose to the Cavs in the ECF. I hope they win the title but with this roster it's hard to see. They literally have nothing on the wing.
    Who are the 4 bigs? I see Gasol, Noah and Taj..... I think you are going to see some big improvements with Tony Snell. Also, just Rose being on the court will make things easier for guys like Butler and Snell.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Who are the 4 bigs? I see Gasol, Noah and Taj..... I think you are going to see some big improvements with Tony Snell. Also, just Rose being on the court will make things easier for guys like Butler and Snell.
    Mirotic is a 4.

Yeah, if Butlers shot improves that will help a ton. He'll definitely get more open looks.

meader99

Mirotic is a 4.

Yeah, if Butlers shot improves that will help a ton. He'll definitely get more open looks.
    Yes, Mirotic is a stretch 4, and I could see him playing some 3 on this team. So McDermott is a wild card, but Mirotic, who also hasn't played in the league, is automatically the 5th best player on the Bulls?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Every year it seems people talk up the bulls. Bulls, lol.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

its pretty simple, rose is their only superstar,
    we dont even know if hes the same dude
    bulls need another star

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    its pretty simple, rose is their only superstar,
    we dont even know if hes the same dude
    bulls need another star
    Noah was first team all-nba. Did the Spurs have a bunch of stars?

Cuse0323

Name:  10445939_904677322894126_4675915500144267566_n.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  44.8 KB

jsmithj88

they have 3, the same 3 for the last 10 years
    and they added leonard along the way
    if u want to say noah is a star, i cant argue against it too much
    noah is just too limited offensively
    hes a role player, a very good one
    Last edited by jsmithj88; 07-16-14 at 01:07 AM.

Cuse0323

The greatest PF of all-time along with arguably the best PG the past few years in the league aren't stars? Throw in Manu and Kawhi, is four not enough?

Bulls fans continue to bring the hilarity.

Noah First team NBA by default. Harden was also 1st team

Can't make this stuff up, the delusion is real from Bulls fan this off-season.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 07-16-14 at 02:58 AM.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Noah is a great effort guy but a star should be able to score from every way possible when needed and he isn't that guy.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

The greatest PF of all-time along with arguably the best PG the past few years in the league aren't stars? Throw in Manu and Kawhi, is four not enough?

Bulls fans continue to bring the hilarity.

Noah First team NBA by default. Harden was also 1st team

Can't make this stuff up, the delusion is real from Bulls fan this off-season.
    All-time doesn't mean anything. I love Duncan, he is great, but he not a star right now, which is fine. Spurs just have a really deep collection of really good players and that got it done over 3 stars. Basketball is a team sport. Having players with a variety of talents that they each do well is the best way to win.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Noah is a great effort guy but a star should be able to score from every way possible when needed and he isn't that guy.
    I'd rather have a bunch of guys that are the best at what they do. I'd say Dennis Rodman was a star, helped his team with shitloads of games, but by your definition he sucked.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Wonder who picks up Boozer now that the Bulls used the amnesty clause on him. He's not great but if a team picks him up for 1-3 million, that is a bargain.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Wonder who picks up Boozer now that the Bulls used the amnesty clause on him. He's not great but if a team picks him up for 1-3 million, that is a bargain.
    To the right team in the right situation, yeah. I think the winning bid will be a bit more than that. Probably around $4 million, give or take. Especially since it's only a 1 year situation. Hard to sign anyone for 1 year contracts these days. Lot of value there.

jsmithj88

To the right team in the right situation, yeah. I think the winning bid will be a bit more than that. Probably around $4 million, give or take. Especially since it's only a 1 year situation. Hard to sign anyone for 1 year contracts these days. Lot of value there.
    lakers have tons of cash, haha

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    lakers have tons of cash, haha
    Yeah, they could use a warm body.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd rather have a bunch of guys that are the best at what they do. I'd say Dennis Rodman was a star, helped his team with shitloads of games, but by your definition he sucked.
    Please tell us what exactly Noah does that's the "best" in the league?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    Please tell us what exactly Noah does that's the "best" in the league?
    Noah won Defensive Player of the Year, so there's that. Last I checked defense is approximately 50% of the game.

And, he's #1 (by a wide margin) in assists per game among centers (or any big men) and #1 in assist/turnover ratio. So, ummm, there's that too.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Noah is also important in the locker room great guy to be around

I/O

Noah won Defensive Player of the Year, so there's that. Last I checked defense is approximately 50% of the game.

And, he's #1 (by a wide margin) in assists per game among centers (or any big men) and #1 in assist/turnover ratio. So, ummm, there's that too.
    really

So on any other team, with any other coach, in any other system, he would be THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE??

meader99

And he's the guy that gets the best weed......

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    Noah is also important in the locker room great guy to be around
    recently Wrigley

He was a complete selfish asshole the first half of his career absolutely hated by his team mates. Glad he decided to grow up and all but a leopard doesn't change his spots. Or his stupid hair.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Every year it seems loser homers talk up the bulls. Bulls, lol.
    fyp

I/O

You mean to say Noah, after the monster college career, after years in the NBA, still hasn't developed a go to shot? Like all the higher end inside NBA players do as their career progresses?

I/O

You mean to say Noah couldn't score vs a shit Washington Wizards team in the playoffs?

Is that cuz they had an inside game?

And he couldn't stop theirs?

jsmithj88

Would u pay someone like Noah 15 milli

First 12345 Last