Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    per Cleveland Plain Dealer:

Sources close to Josh Gordon tell the Cleveland Plain Dealer they're "concerned" Gordon "will have a tough time making it back into the NFL" if his one-year suspension stands.

The appeal of Gordon's ban will be held in late July. Per the Plain Dealer, the people are worried about Gordon losing his "support system," as he'll be away from the Browns' organization and ineligible to participate in football activities. The sources reportedly point to Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon, who was suspended indefinitely last November and is not expected to be reinstated in 2014.
    LT nobody gives a fukk pal.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    LT nobody gives a fukk pal.
    Fantasy guys in Dynasty Leagues may disagree with you.

the_orangekat
    the_orangekat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

He has had too many chances, honestly does not deserve another. Sucks because his talent is off the charts.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bear with an epic response

Fantasy sports is big business now so I guess to those guys it matters

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

people calling josh gordon dime a dozen are clueless.

defense knew cleveland was gonna throw to josh gordon and they couldn't stop him.

just imagine if he were to play for a decent team.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I still don't get it. If I had that kind of money, I would never drive again. Hire me a personal driver every where I go. At minimum, if you go out to drink - have a driver. No excuse. Ship him off to the CFL.
    That's my thought as well. Everyone always talks about what car(s) they'd get if they were super wealthy & my only thought is just have a few drivers on call that you keep on your bankroll

Also, oddly enough, I used to live only a few minutes from where he got pulled

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

I don't believe it

I can't believe this could happen

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im a Browns fan and they need to just release this guy pronto... he is really awesome but the team needs to make a statement. if Gordon was on the Pats would he still be a member of the team? No chance

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Just another player

Next!

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Im a Browns fan and they need to just release this guy pronto... he is really awesome but the team needs to make a statement. if Gordon was on the Pats would he still be a member of the team? No chance
    yea the pats wait for murderers. I agree though just get rid of him and be done with it, he wont learn
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave Mitchell88 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Dummy

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

He got caught speeding and got a DWI in Raleigh NC on the early morning of the 5th, another nail in his coffin

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    K13 correct

Plenty of guys that can do what he does

He finished with a lifetime ban coming
    plenty of people can do what you do. typing stupid shit and making videos about how sad it is to be a bald, snaggletooth, no pussy getting degenerate is not an accomplishment.

after the next sponsor rip off i could see you getting a ban yourself cueball.
    Points Awarded:

etothep gave Grits n' Gravy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No sympathy for him, some jail might do him well.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Just crazy what talented people will do. Has nice potential and bright future, but risking it all for some drinks and stupid choices.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19327

Brought it on himself

Libanese
    Libanese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If he was lucky, Marty McFly would introduce himself and tell him what's up.

Anything short of that, this kid is the future Lawrence Phillips.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    plenty of people can do what you do. typing stupid shit and making videos about how sad it is to be a bald, snaggletooth, no pussy getting degenerate is not an accomplishment.

after the next sponsor rip off i could see you getting a ban yourself cueball.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

What if he didn't really enjoy playing, or disagrees with the NFLs mission/etc, what if he didn't gaf about being "rich" and being on tv and being a part of that whole scheme...he wouldn't seem so stupid then. I would give that scenario <1/30 probability, but that is still, IMO a relatively high number. Enough to warrant a suggestion of "apathy" vs stupidity. He probably drinks because he's misunderstood by everyone who is obsessed with his athletic talents(and what comes along with that) and over looks his personality and beliefs.

Libanese

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    What if he didn't really enjoy playing, or disagrees with the NFLs mission/etc, what if he didn't gaf about being "rich" and being on tv and being a part of that whole scheme...he wouldn't seem so stupid then. I would give that scenario <1/30 probability, but that is still, IMO a relatively high number. Enough to warrant a suggestion of "apathy" vs stupidity. He probably drinks because he's misunderstood by everyone who is obsessed with his athletic talents(and what comes along with that) and over looks his personality and beliefs.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Gordon is not the Holden Caulfield of the NFL.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by Libanese View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Gordon is not the Holden Caulfield of the NFL.
    I tend to agree, although he may have a little Caulfield in him. Some of these younger players seem to be emotionally immature at times. Which is why everyone is chanting "he's so stupid" or "why the hell would you drive". A guy like that doesn't think car service or cab. As simple as it sounds he and many others might not have grow up using car services. I'm just speculating of course, as we all are, and decided to introduce an alternative scenario in which Gordon was not as dumb as he was initially branded.

Libanese

Totally accept the notion that these sports stars are completely out of their element fiscally and emotionally when they get in the league.

I have a novel (yet far fetched) idea I presume.

Give ALL players new to the league a life coach for one year.

I figure they get paid $100,000 a year. How many new players under contract in the NFL each year? 200 at the most? That's 20 million dollars.

In a league that sees revenue like that in 10 minutes of Super Bowl advertising time it's chump change.

That $20,000,000 investment would not only create new jobs but would almost ensure the new players in the league start down a smarter path in life with money. That money may possibly be invested wiser and not just pissed away.

This would benefit the NFL many ways, not least of all bring positive public relations fodder from people that feel the NFL life is exploitive.

I don't see a negative aspect to this idea.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

Incredible how dumb these athletes are. Don't violate the law, and you'll make millions in just a couple of years.

Most of them are uneducated and without sports have no chance to make any $

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    people calling josh gordon dime a dozen are clueless.

defense knew cleveland was gonna throw to josh gordon and they couldn't stop him.

just imagine if he were to play for a decent team.
    I think he was an above average receiver, but he had a ton of garbage yards.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Gordon arguably the best to ever play the game he is basically T.O. with good hands

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Gordon Is so damn talented

Cleveland sucks

The qbs the ol the other receivers

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

He was driving a car that is owned and registered to the guy that gave PJ Harriston a car (in violation of NCAA rules) and the same guy came and bailed Gordon out. Makes me wonder if this guy is buying influence with these irresponsible sports stars.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    He was driving a car that is owned and registered to the guy that gave PJ Harriston a car (in violation of NCAA rules) and the same guy came and bailed Gordon out. Makes me wonder if this guy is buying influence with these irresponsible sports stars.
    Think he has ties to the company that makes UNC their mouthguards.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    yea that guy is sketchy he is attached to some weird things. No one has really given him shit about so, whatever

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 332

Stephen A. Smith just went off on him, calling him a "deceiver" on First Take. He went off on him stating that blacks have a hard enough time finding opportunities, and when Gordon has one granted to him, he just throws it away. He said the days of sympathizing with him should be done, and its time for some tough love.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

It makes ZERO sense for the Browns to release him right now. As another Browns fan, I understand your emotions but the best thing to do is let it play out. Apparently, the Browns offered him a life coach ala Dez Bryant and he refused. League policy say's you can't demand a player to take it. So be it. If he's suspended a year, it won't cost the Browns a dime and hopefully he gets his life together on his own (which I doubt) and comes back and plays football. If you release him, another team will pick him up in a heartbeat and they will reap the benefits and not owe Cleveland a penny. Cleveland used a 2nd rounder for him. They deserve compensation. Why let some other team, like the Stealers pick him up for free and cause us hell for years to come. If he plays again, it has to be for Cleveland. I'm okay with that although I'm not holding my breath on this head case.
    Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    He's not only top 5, he's top 1 or 2 right now. The guy is a beast and can't be stopped even double and tripled team. To bad he doesn't give a shit as his entire life has been all about him. Selfish prick.
    Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Gordon arguably the best to ever play the game he is basically T.O. with good hands

mycou1992
    mycou1992's Avatar Become A Pro!

He chose this way by himself. He deserves it. Even though he is very talented, he ruined his life by himself.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Browns should not cut him..dont want that to haunt you.
    Philly cut cris Carter.....guy clean himself up..go to Minnesota and straight to the HOF

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Smoking weed in the off season is worse than beating up women in the NFL.

First 123 Last