LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Carr May Start Earlier Than Expected

Still highly unlikely that he will start opening week, but he may be inserted at some point this season and possibly quite early in the year, contrary to earlier reports that he would most likely sit his first year.

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports "there is internal belief" second-round QB Derek Carr will push Matt Schaub for the Raiders' starting job.

Breer adds that Carr has already convinced the Raiders he won't need a redshirt season. Schaub is getting the majority of first-team OTA reps and remains the favorite to start in Week 1, but Carr has shown enough progress that he could challenge for the job early in the season. Oakland may not have a choice but to force Carr into a starting role if Schaub plays like he did in 2013.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

yeah cause raiders are such great judge of talent when it comes to qbs.

carr is a bust just like his brother. shoulda drafted marqise lee.

LT Profits

I'm like CNN, I just report, you decide.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

His brother got thrown into a really tough situation way too early.

Hopefully Derek gets a better shot.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would go with the kid because you're not going to win with Schaub

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Raiders are not going to win period. Carr should hope that he can sit out year one so he does not get thrown to the wolves like his borther did.

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

lol @ all you suckers whining about how david carr got "thrown into the wolves" . david carr is david carr because he sucks. it shows on the field. hes awful. hes terrible. he never had it and never will he is garbage it would not have mattered if you waited 12 years. go home you bunch of losers that cant scout talent.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

aikman was thrown to the wolves right out of college..... won 3 super bowls and inducted into the hall of fame.

so these retards blaming david carr's shitty career on not being babied are clueless dumbfuks.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

A bust just like older bro.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I would go with the kid because you're not going to win with Schaub
    sure as fukk not going to win with Carr you can bet your fukkin rug on that!

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    A bust just like older bro.

what's crazy is mark davis wanted to waste their 1st round pick on him. obviously an idiot just like his father.

goofy bastard.

lol

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3329

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    lol @ all you suckers whining about how david carr got "thrown into the wolves" . david carr is david carr because he sucks. it shows on the field. hes awful. hes terrible. he never had it and never will he is garbage it would not have mattered if you waited 12 years. go home you bunch of losers that cant scout talent.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    aikman was thrown to the wolves right out of college..... won 3 super bowls and inducted into the hall of fame.

so these retards blaming david carr's shitty career on not being babied are clueless dumbfuks.

Ya and the point you forget to make is aikman had one of the best offensive lines in nfl history whereas David Carr had expansion drafted OL.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Ya and the point you forget to make is aikman had one of the best offensive lines in nfl history whereas David Carr had expansion drafted OL.
    more excuses.

ben roethlisberger was sacked 143 times in a 3 year span...... yet still led pitt to a super bowl victory. carr was sacked 140 times in his first 3 seasons. and it wasn't entirely the o-line fault as he held on to the ball too long due to his indecisiveness and inability to read defenses.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Fck it, let's see what he can do early. He wasn't a first round pick anyway so throw him out there and see what he can do, if he fails then you can move on...again.

LT Profits

Derek is probably more physically gifted than David is/was, although that in itself does not guarantee NFL success after facing WAC defenses in college.

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Any real raider fan knows Carr is sitting MOST of the year. The only way he plays this year is if Shaub gets hurt or throws pick 6's like last year. Carr will sit at least half the season

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

When have the Radiers ever drafted and developed a QB? Going to Radiers is like taking a plunge in the black hole.