LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Colts Reportedly Interested in Jonathan Martin

While it makes sense from a personnel standpoint with Indy needing offensive line help, is it worth it for the locker room? Martin protected Luck's blind side at Stanford, so maybe that connection could help stabilize things with Andrew having his back, but who knows. Anyhow, they are only reports for now.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

good move.

no ones gonna pick on him when he's best friends with the qb.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Don't rule out 49ers. Jim Harbaugh recruited and coached Martin for 3 years at Stanford, there's a relationship there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a pussy though and will get zero respect in the locker room.

tatehill2000
    tatehill2000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11095

this has to be joke,,,, as its known that he was the weakest bitch on that line,,, i would take incognito 1000 times over that f\*g

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Not sure how anyone could want him. Sure as hell wouldn't want him as a teammate.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

saloon this shit!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

I'd have a hard time having him as a teammate. All the crap he caused in locker room and on top of that hes not very good.

Give me Cognito in a heartbeat. He will be checked going forward and when he plays he is a pro bowl caliber guard.

slacker00

I don't blame Martin for what happened. Something is cancerous about Miami's locker room. This stuff happens all over the NFL, but it's handled in-house. The fact that this event got into the media is evidence that the coaching & management in Miami is weak.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Given his connection to Luck and Indy's need, it makes perfect sense. He dominated for Luck at Stanford.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I don't blame Martin for what happened. Something is cancerous about Miami's locker room. This stuff happens all over the NFL, but it's handled in-house. The fact that this event got into the media is evidence that the coaching & management in Miami is weak.
    sort of agree

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Given his connection to Luck and Indy's need, it makes perfect sense. He dominated for Luck at Stanford.
    its believed that OT play on both ends was good for the colts last year....and martin isnt likely to beat out either costanzo or cherlius....so if he were to go to indy hed have to make it as a guard right now....dunno if hes a guard

ROFLcopter
    ROFLcopter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1284

Martin is a big time f-ggot. Something isn't right about him. Google "1000 text messages between Richie Incognito and Jonathan Martin." They were good friends.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Youre right about Miami locker room and management weak.

But it got into the media because Martin is a pssy snitch, and every NFL player now knows it. He cant handle ridicule? Who wants to go to war with that?

When he lines up against an nfl defensive line, its over...mentally. hes weak

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Even forgetting the locker room stuff the guy sucked in Miami on the field.

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Youre right about Miami locker room and management weak.

But it got into the media because Martin is a pssy snitch, and every NFL player now knows it. He cant handle ridicule? Who wants to go to war with that?

When he lines up against an nfl defensive line, its over...mentally. hes weak
    you can "go to war" with anyone who shows up to play and tries to do their job......you dont have to be best friends with everyone even if its your own positional "grouping".....i cant speak with absolute certaintity....but do you think a guy like joe thomas is out partaking in the kind of debauchery incognito and the pouncey brothers(best friends with aaron hernandez) are? i havent read through all of the texts...just skimmed it....but it doesnt seem that incognito is a good influence on anyone...let alone a 24 year old kid.....

i dont disagree that something might be wrong with martin and he didnt go about it the right way.....do a little research on martins upbringing....both parents harvard educated.....9 relatives who graduated from harvard......this was a kid who was trying to fit in and bond with teammates who were absolute pieces of trash.....

agreed with wilfred though....his play was poor...dunno if hes cutout for that level of play

Not-A-Kid
    Not-A-Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8134

It will be difficult for NFL players to feel comfortable around Martin. How can you be buddies with a guy who may turn around and release your text messages to the media and smear your name just because you're busting balls?

With that being said there seem to be 3 teams that may be able to sign Martin and accept him in their locker room. The Colts and 49ers because of Luck and Harbaugh. The Seahawks are another possibility given Sherman and Doug Baldwin were teammates with Martin at Stanford and Pete Carroll seems to be the type of guy that believes in second chances and could get the most out of Martin.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Not-A-Kid View Post
    It will be difficult for NFL players to feel comfortable around Martin. How can you be buddies with a guy who may turn around and release your text messages to the media and smear your name just because you're busting balls?

With that being said there seem to be 3 teams that may be able to sign Martin and accept him in their locker room. The Colts and 49ers because of Luck and Harbaugh. The Seahawks are another possibility given Sherman and Doug Baldwin were teammates with Martin at Stanford and Pete Carroll seems to be the type of guy that believes in second chances and could get the most out of Martin.
    Nahhh, that's overstating the matter. I think just about everyone knows Incognito is a pure unadulterated asshole. If you're not one, should be fine. So as long as the team doesn't have an Incognito on it's O-Line and has a decent team culture, should be OK.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    Can you elaborate? Martin started every game since entering the league up to the "incident".

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfred View Post
    this.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Can you elaborate? Martin started every game since entering the league up to the "incident".
    He only was starting because of where he was drafted, they had to keep giving him chances. They switched his position a couple weeks before this incident, and it appeared as though he was actually going to be losing a starting position if this whole thing never happened.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

of course a team's front office will take a flier on him, doesnt mean the locker room will...

cash$bro91
    Update your status
    cash$bro91's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9859

Are the Colts really this desperate for O-Line help?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Gays are wanted in nfl locker rooms

he will be run out

bobby heenan
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cash$bro91 View Post
    Are the Colts really this desperate for O-Line help?
    like i said earlier...not at tackle.....but at guard....and i dont think martin could handle that but who knows

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

Martin is as soft as baby poop I wouldn't want him on my team

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

ususally if a guy can help the team win someone will take him. but after the fact that nobody took tebow mostly due to the locker room i think this situation could get similar

grease lightnin
    &
    grease lightnin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3185

Regardless of whether Incognito is a bad influence or if he "bullied" Martin, Martin snitched in the biggest way he could. What a pussy. I wouldn't want him on my team

Wulfman14
    The Great Khali
    Wulfman14's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the media blew what happened out of proportion.
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave Wulfman14 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.