RiseUp2013
    RiseUp2013's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL fantasy keeper rules question..

I'm in a keeper league....when you keep a player you lose the pick of the previous round he was drafted the previous year.

Here's my question....

One of my guys drafted McCoy last year in round 2, so if he keeps him he loses his 1st round pick ....he drafts #1 overall next year, during the season he also traded for a 1st round pick and that is the #9 pick....now my question is if he keeps McCoy should it be up to him with pick he forfeits or or should it be his original pick and not the one he traded for??

Other guys asked the question cause they don't want him ending up with McCoy and Charles next year and I never even thought of this situation when I had all the rules drafted up.

Thanks for the help

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by RiseUp2013 View Post
    I'm in a keeper league....when you keep a player you lose the pick of the previous round he was drafted the previous year.

Here's my question....

One of my guys drafted McCoy last year in round 2, so if he keeps him he loses his 1st round pick ....he drafts #1 overall next year, during the season he also traded for a 1st round pick and that is the #9 pick....now my question is if he keeps McCoy should it be up to him with pick he forfeits or or should it be his original pick and not the one he traded for??

Other guys asked the question cause they don't want him ending up with McCoy and Charles next year and I never even thought of this situation when I had all the rules drafted up.

Thanks for the help
    Absolutely the original pick. The real wrinkle would have been what if he traded the #1 pick during the season and had no first round picks?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Here's my question....

Thanks for the help
    in most leagues he loses the original pick so his 2nd rounder.. but there should be some kind of league rules for this and you guys are worried about him getting Charles? why isnt someone keeping Jamaal anyway?

RiseUp2013
    RiseUp2013's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    in most leagues he loses the original pick so his 2nd rounder.. but there should be some kind of league rules for this and you guys are worried about him getting Charles? why isnt someone keeping Jamaal anyway?

Jamal was drafted in the 1st round last year so he can't be kept

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Here's my question....

Thanks for the help
    I've played in leagues where that is allowed. How late in the year did he make that trade? That might have been his motivation and if the rule isn't specific that he can't do that he should be allowed to keep McCoy with #9 and draft and #1.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i would think it has to be the actual draft pick determined by the league (#1 overall) and not anything that was traded. if he never made that trade for the pick, he would be giving up his #1 pick to keep, the trade is a side thing that shouldnt have bearing on the actual keeping process

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Keeper leagues hardly ever work. There is always 1 or 2 guys who don't continue and it penetrates up the league

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Keeper leagues hardly ever work. There is always 1 or 2 guys who don't continue and it penetrates up the league
    That's not what he's asking about.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    I've been in the same keeper league for about 10 years, we've had minimal turnover and it's been very competitive.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

wow keeper for 10 years! now thats a returning league lol. i couldnt keep going, had to retire!

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Most leagues would say he has to forfeit his original pick, not the one he got via trade.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

It should be he forfeit orginal pick