chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

fair trade or not?

a 6-6 commish with chance to make playoffs as wild card trades an 8-4 team that had clinched division. eric decker and s jax for r streater and r jennings oak

all other 3 teams who had clinched feel it was garbage prior to what transpired this weekend and also past the trade deadline. in the past its always been same as nfl deadline

no league members were informed until trade was approved by commish

commish feels trade was really decker for jennings and the other two were throw ins to keep wr/rb ratios in check

what do you non vested parties think?
    Last edited by chaka; 12-02-13 at 09:37 PM.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11159

I think the trade is fair an I agree it sounds more like Jennings for Decker overall and the other two are around even. The problem I have is, the trade deadline. If you passed your deadline then it shouldn't be fair at all.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Too late to do trades in my fantasy league.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

It does seem awfully late for making trades I think Decker/Jax are more valuable than Jennings/Streater Jennings will be sharing touches and if McFadden is fairly healthy McF will get the majority of touches

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

if deadline is over, should of not of been made

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

If trade deadline passed, how did it go through? did commish cheat?

chaka

should have clarified,we switched to new league host site and in past years trade deadline has always been nfl deadline not sure why trades still possible unless setting left unchecked during setup

this trade happened at 7:31 in the morning day of thanksgiving games which started 11:30. and most didnt find out til just before games started.

keep in mind our scoring system is distance based
    TDs 1-9 yds. 6 pts
    10-39 yds. 9
    40+ 12 pts

rush and rec yds 1 pt every 20 yds

the playoff team went from
    romo/ben
    mccoy forte
    cooper. aj green streater
    witten

to romo/ben
    mccoy forte
    cooper aj green decker
    witten

commish team
    cam
    p thomas s jax
    decker a johnson jjones- gb
    ju thomas

to:
    cam
    jennings p thomas
    streater a johnson ja jones
    ju thomas

for those who would have traded decker for jennings, what if you had welker or d thomas would you had made the same trade? i bet not

after 13 weeks heres the lines for the 3 den wrs
    targets/ catches/ yds /tds

108-67-1061-10

98-63-971-7
    100-68-717-9

for rb 588 yds 4 tds 28 rec 245 yds

decker week 13 scored 44 pts. jennings 12

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

ok, yeah, taking in mind that decker just had a 4 TD game, you could see it as unfair. i think this trade (before the scoring took place this weekend, keep that in mind) was fair. even after deckers 4 TD game, which is obviously an anamoly considering he had been under 10 points his last 6 games, i think decker for jennings is fair. jennings has been a workhorse rb which are much harder to come by, and until decker had a monster game, he was next to useless.

as for the trade deadline, it is easy to see the date right in your league settings. why didnt anyone in your league either a) look in the league settings and notice the date, or b) simply ask the commish earlier what the deadline is? theres really not much of an excuse to not know the trade deadline, or really any rules in a league. it is all listed for everyone to see. if both parties want the trade, i dont see why it is unfair. if one of the guys was 2-11 giving away a stud for nothing, then yeah its unfair. otherwise, why would two teams that want to help their own rosters making a good trade be considered unfair?

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

you need a trade deadline much earlier in your league

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

If trade deadline was public for all to see, I see no issue. If the trade was pushed through after the deadline then it is not acceptable.

Seems to me people in your league have a problem because Decker went off.

chaka

no one had issue "after" decker went off-- it just was posted "after" he went off because our league has several members that felt decker for Jennings was too one sided but didn't get to say yeah or nay on the trade. Deckers game didn't help those who felt it was one sided naturally, but the point for posting was to see what outsiders thought "before" the 6 tds by decker&Jackson
    The views varied from: a)point for point they are close to equal- look at points not the names b) you are giving up a pro bowl receiver getting targeted 8+ times a game on the most potent nfl team averaging 35+ pts and over 300+ yds per game with a qb pushing 50+ tds for 2 guys on the raiders who score around 18ppg a game -they thought he was dumping considering DMC was gonna get more time c) "when you need to win 2 games who the penetrate would take 2 players off a 2 or 3 win team while giving up a player on one of the best teams Really? this is bullshit" d) most, like me, were what happened to trade deadline The irony of it is had the commish used the same lineup as last week he would've won by 41 points..instead he is out of the playoffs. We had always used nfl deadline but with new site, we all assumed it was same but we all questioned did it get voted at draft and people were too drunk to remember? I did look and nothing was set- commish had pickups and trades ok thru superbowl
    Last edited by chaka; 12-03-13 at 05:50 PM.

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

That's the problem with being the commish, anytime you make a trade people think its collusion. Is this a money league?