daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Should I pick up Roddy White for the future??

The guy who had Roddy White put him on waivers today. I realize he won't be playing for a few weeks, but I'm in need of another receiver eventually, because I also have Cobb who got hurt last week. I play in a 15 person league so receivers are hard to find on the free agent list. Here are my receivers right now: Cobb, Jeffrey, Steve Smith, Boldin, and Broyles. As you can see I basically have 3 receivers. Should I pick him up before someone else does?

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

yes he definitely has value forward once he gets situated and stable again.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I can't believe someone dropped Roddy White in a league that big.

daneault23

Andy, they did a trade giving up Rivers and dropping White and receiving Brady and Chris Johnson. Not sure why they did that though. I'm #12 on waivers, so hopefully no one sees that in 2 days lol

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

lol

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Andy, they did a trade giving up Rivers and dropping White and receiving Brady and Chris Johnson. Not sure why they did that though. I'm #12 on waivers, so hopefully no one sees that in 2 days lol
    Good luck. What did he have on his bench? Gotta be some crap there.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Agree, I'd try and pick him up.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

They're crazy to drop him

I bet you're not the only one in the league who'd put a claim on him

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Ya does he have great trade value? Probably not, but as a free agent pick up? are you kidding? No-brainer. That being said at #12 you have no chance unless you're in a league of idiots.

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

stash stash away

daneault23

Got him Hopefully he puts up numbers if/when he finally gets healthy.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Not only is the guy that dropped him clueless, the 11 other guys/gals are too for not putting in a claim for him.

Good job.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Not only is the guy that dropped him clueless, the 11 other guys/gals are too for not putting in a claim for him.

Good job.
    Yeah I thought there was about a 5% chance I get him. I guess people in my league just assumed he's only going to produce a few points a game the rest of the way, like he has done so far this season. I don't care, good for me lol

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Yeah I thought there was about a 5% chance I get him. I guess people in my league just assumed he's only going to produce a few points a game the rest of the way, like he has done so far this season. I don't care, good for me lol
    He has been hurt all year. So if he gets back to being healthy, and with Julio gone, he will be getting targeted a lot. I would of jumped on him too. Worth a stash.

I actually picked up Cobb in the SBR II league, for a playoff stash. I have him in my money league, from the draft, but I'm trying to hold on to him. But I'm in a roster pickle in that league.

daneault23

He has been hurt all year. So if he gets back to being healthy, and with Julio gone, he will be getting targeted a lot. I would of jumped on him too. Worth a stash.

I actually picked up Cobb in the SBR II league, for a playoff stash. I have him in my money league, from the draft, but I'm trying to hold on to him. But I'm in a roster pickle in that league.
    I know he's been hurt all year, I just hope he really takes the time to heal the right way and get back to playing how he knows he can. Also, I currently still have Cobb on my roster. Do you suggest keeping him for the playoff push? I see a lot of people dropping him. I just hope when he comes back, he can contribute still. That would be a pretty nice setup to have Cobb, White, and Jeffrey as my 3 WR's for the playoffs.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I know he's been hurt all year, I just hope he really takes the time to heal the right way and get back to playing how he knows he can. Also, I currently still have Cobb on my roster. Do you suggest keeping him for the playoff push? I see a lot of people dropping him. I just hope when he comes back, he can contribute still. That would be a pretty nice setup to have Cobb, White, and Jeffrey as my 3 WR's for the playoffs.
    If you can stash Cobb, do it. If it effects you from putting out a strong lineup each week, drop him. Or try to trade him.

daneault23

If you can stash Cobb, do it. If it effects you from putting out a strong lineup each week, drop him. Or try to trade him.
    Since WR's are hard to come by, I think I'm gonna keep him and roll with Jeffrey, Boldin, Smith, and now White for the rest of the season.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

I'm shocked you were able to get him, congrats.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

He is definitely a good stash in a 15 person league, go ahead and pick him up

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

You must play with a group of hockey fans.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    He is definitely a good stash in a 15 person league, go ahead and pick him up
    yea why not have him. If you can grab him do it. could come in handy