daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4943

Andrew Luck and Victor Cruz for Peyton Manning???

A guy wants to trade me for Peyton Manning. I would get Luck and Cruz, we are in a non ppr league where passing tds are 7 points. Here is my team: Manning, T. Richardson, D.Murray, R. Cobb, A. Boldin, S. Smith, J. Finley, P. Dawson, Denver D and my bench is A. Jeffrey, R. Broyles, J. Rodgers, B. Tate, and B. Pettigrew. His team is Luck, Lynch, Green-Ellis, Garcon, Cruz, S. Rice, Vernon Davis, with WR Hartline on the bench. Rest of his team doesn't matter. Would you make the trade? Both are projected to get around the same points, with Manning about 10 points more over the course of the season.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

How are both players projected to be that close when TD passes are worth seven points? Manning will have a lot more TD passes whereas Colts want to start using the running game more with T-Rich.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

I think that you need to hold on to Manning

MrZ
    MrZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I don't think I would trade Manning.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    How are both players projected to be that close when TD passes are worth seven points? Manning will have a lot more TD passes whereas Colts want to start using the running game more with T-Rich.
    Manning's rest of season's projected points: 385.44, Luck+Cruz projected points: 400.74. I somehow missed that Manning should have less, but still, I don't really want to give up Manning. At the same time, when the season comes to a close, I see the Broncos with a good record so I don't want them to limit or sit Peyton in a championship game for me whereas Luck would still be slugging it out in Week 16.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

i wouldn't give up manning, luck will put up some numbers but he is going to have some games where he doesn't do all that much. Denver is completely all about Manning and whatever he wants to do

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Manning's rest of season's projected points: 385.44, Luck+Cruz projected points: 400.74. I somehow missed that Manning should have less, but still, I don't really want to give up Manning. At the same time, when the season comes to a close, I see the Broncos with a good record so I don't want them to limit or sit Peyton in a championship game for me whereas Luck would still be slugging it out in Week 16.
    Then you have to factor in the receiver you have to bench for Cruz, at which point you should see you should not make the deal. Probably lose a lot more with Manning vs. Luck than you gain with Cruz vs. whoever gets benched. And I am pretty sure Luck's projections don't account for Colts wanting to run more going forward.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

I would decline that trade. Peyton is too valuable at this point.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Agree. I would never give up Peyton.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

I would not trade Manning he is heading for a big year in TD passes

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Manning + random bench guy will be worth more than Luck & Cruz in that scoring format. I wouldn't do that deal.

daneault23

After further consideration and reading your guys' responses, I'm going to keep him. Guy that wanted the trade says someone else is gonna give him Rivers for Garcon and Ryan Matthews. Think I might veto that trade though.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

After further consideration and reading your guys' responses, I'm going to keep him. Guy that wanted the trade says someone else is gonna give him Rivers for Garcon and Ryan Matthews. Think I might veto that trade though.
    Why would you veto that deal? It's a fair enough trade.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Good call on keeping Peyton. That dude is a TD machine.

LT Profits

What Andy said, there is nothing wrong with that latter trade.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

if this was a normal league, id say go for it, but 7 points per td is insane and peyton will easily be mvp of that league

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

you don't need cruz, answer is simple, no and stop trading

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    What Andy said, there is nothing wrong with that latter trade.
    I see what you guys mean, but all I'm saying is that Garcon and especially Matthews seem to be injury-prone and Matthews is pretty inconsistent at RB. Meanwhile, Rivers has had a great season thus far and doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19456

Hold on to peyton

LT Profits

I see what you guys mean, but all I'm saying is that Garcon and especially Matthews seem to be injury-prone and Matthews is pretty inconsistent at RB. Meanwhile, Rivers has had a great season thus far and doesn't look to be slowing down anytime soon.
    You can't use "injury prone" as an excuse to veto a trade when that is a chance the other owner is willing to take.

daneault23

UPDATE: Should I trade Peyton Manning now? I'm in pretty desperate need of a good RB as I have Murray and then TRich, JRodgers, and Dennis Johnson on my bench. Maybe offer Manning for a QB and RB? Manning plays KC twice, NE, and TEN for the next 4 games, all tough defenses. Or should I just keep him and try to do the best with what I have? Currently sitting in 5th place at 5-5.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Wow what a disaster that could have been back in October to make that trade. I see you struggling bad at RB though with that current group. All in on Murray to carry that load. I suppose it depends who you could get and what QB you would have.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    Wow what a disaster that could have been back in October to make that trade. I see you struggling bad at RB though with that current group. All in on Murray to carry that load. I suppose it depends who you could get and what QB you would have.
    Maybe I could offer up JRodgers with Manning and get a QB and RB deal. Hopefully looking to get Romo and the guy that has him also has LeBeon Bell/Fred Jackson/Ridley/Vereen so maybe offer something there. Also maybe looking at Philip Rivers/Rashad Jennings/Zac Stacy.