dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

NEED opinions - torn on waiver claim

Hey all,

Should I use my #1 waiver pick on the Chiefs D, or Santonio Holmes??

I am pretty torn on this situation, I really can't decide what the best move is here. I am looking at 0-3 after this week (up by 18 but he has welker and mcfadden going tonight). I've scored middle of the pack in points, but I have had a brutal schedule so far.

I love the Chiefs D because they have what looks like a great matchup with NYG next week, and they also seem like a defense that is safe to play every week considering how bad most of the other ones have been this year. They have playmakers (Hali, Houston, Flowers, etc.) and they seem to generate a lot of sacks/turnovers. I'm currently just plugging in defenses week to week, using Tennessee at the moment. I'd love to have a solid defense in there that I don't have to think about.

My WR core is definitely my weakness, and holmes is basically the best guy on the board. He had a breakout game sunday and looked pretty good. I have Miles Austin in my WR3 and he just got hurt (again) and has sucked all year anyways.

My lineup:
    qb- vick (eli backup)
    3wr- garcon, reggie wayne, miles austin (vincent brown backup)
    2rb- forte, gore, d wilson, a bradshaw (w mcgahee, b brown backup)
    te- m bennett
    def- tenn (streaming)

what do you guys think? I'm going crazy over here. any input is appreciated and I will do my best to return the favor.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

in addition, here are some of the top names on the waiver wire:

stephen hill, nate washington, donnie avery, kendall wright, jerrico cotchery, robert woods