LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Eddie Lacy Likely Out until Week 5

He would miss one full game since Packers are on a bye in Week 4. I know Starks looked great last week but can he be trusted to repeat that? Close to a Pick'em game at Cincinnati, not sure if I am doing anything here.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

thanks for the info. was just gonna look for this. Have Lacy in my stable of RB's

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2105

James Starks is a first ballot hall of famer when it's all said and done

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Starks gets what's blocked for him and nothing more. He was the benefactor of huge running lanes against Was but he's nothing special. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Franklin out produces him.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

No miss

It's a passing game now

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

if starks was any good, he would've been the starter from day one.

he does this for a game and sucks you in, then he becomes his true self and puts up 15 carries for 50 yards.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

thats what happens when you show up for camp fat and out of shape..

many of these young bucks in the NFL are soft

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Starks gets what's blocked for him and nothing more. He was the benefactor of huge running lanes against Was but he's nothing special. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Franklin out produces him.
    Franklin has yet to even get out on the field, pass protection issues.

Is it a given that Lacy will be out? Probably, but if he passes all of his tests, he'll play. The other GB injury to keep an eye on is starting safety Burnett. He's missed the first two games with a hammy, hurt them against Frisco not so much against the Skins.

I just see to much skill on the offensive side of GB, Cincy will have to shorten the game and possess the ball for long periods like they did against Pitt.

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    Franklin has yet to even get out on the field, pass protection issues.

Is it a given that Lacy will be out? Probably, but if he passes all of his tests, he'll play. The other GB injury to keep an eye on is starting safety Burnett. He's missed the first two games with a hammy, hurt them against Frisco not so much against the Skins.

I just see to much skill on the offensive side of GB, Cincy will have to shorten the game and possess the ball for long periods like they did against Pitt.
    I'd be shocked if he played purely considering that they have a bye the following week. There's no reason to rush a rookie back out there given the circumstances. They are in it for the long haul this year and they should be able to handle Cincy without him.

When I say that Franklin might out produce him I'm not implying that Franklin will have a big game. More likely that neither of them does much at all. Most likely scenario is that Starks gets the bulk of the snaps but he's used for pass protection and in the flats. I could see Franklin having a few nice gains in a change of pace role.

LT Profits

Is it a given that Lacy will be out? Probably, but if he passes all of his tests, he'll play.
    That's why I said "likely", call him doubtful for now.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

O line sucks so doesn't matter if its starks or Lacey and they have the best player in the gm so rb is an irrelevant issue for them they need to figure out there line

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

He's not worth anything.

BroncosBettor
    BroncosBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I really like Green Bay but Lacy out concerns me a bit. I think they will still be alright with Starks. Green Bay seems to have improved and gotten healthy on defense. Plus, even though I was on Cincinnati last night, I thought Andy Dalton looked awful at times. Huge quarterback and coaching advantage to the Packers. Plus they catch Cincy in a let down situation and a short week to prepare. Better get on it now before it goes to 3 if you like the Pack.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Let someone else burn the waiver on him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Not wasting my waiver position on him. Maybe the 1st waiver guy takes him. I'm currently #2.

djmano
    djmano's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i dont think it even matters who GB has at rb. rodgers looked dialed in last game.....like mccarthy says hes a special player and hes in his prime.

washington didnt really do much to stop GB but i think starks is a decent back. he runs hard, gets the job done, serviceable.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

Many other options out there.

Pivotpoint
    Pivotpoint's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3817

I like Starks. Solid RB and decoy. It's all about Rodgers and he's been sharp and $. Great respect for Rodgers, Dalton, not so much. Packer D giving up yardage, but played 49ers and then let up a bit in second half against Skins.

No way I'm interested in investing $ that Dalton can keep Packer D off balance. On the otherhand, happy to lay under a field goal with Rodgers. He'll toast that soft Bengal secondary.

Pack - 2 1/2 , all day for me. gl

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

There has been a carseller sighting

Stevedore

Is this a fantasy thread? Jesus....

LT Profits

Is this a fantasy thread? Jesus....
    Wasn't my intent, when I said "not sure if I am doing anything here", I meant from a BETTING standpoint.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Wasn't my intent, when I said "not sure if I am doing anything here", I meant from a BETTING standpoint.
    I know LT, not your fault...just some fantasy geeks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Plus it was moved/linked the the Fantasy forum.

LT Profits

Well I am a true and proud fantasy geek myself and I do spend a lot of time in the fantasy forum and, as Looker pointed out, this thread was lined there. I will try to be more clear in the future, maybe say something like "not sure I am doing anything here at the current line".

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a rookie

Did not really start his career so impact on team berg little

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

For fantasy, avoid Starks, he will only start against a good Bengals run D this week with a bye next week.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Starks isn't worth much other than a spot start if you are hurting. Guy in my league has Lacy and S-Jax on the shelf for the next few weeks.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Id jump on Starks if he is still avaiable in your league

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

You never know how long Lacy will be out it could linger longer then 5 weeks

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    You never know how long Lacy will be out it could linger longer then 5 weeks
    Do you seriously want to hold onto a guy through a bye week who has only had 3 TDs in his 4 year career?

Stevedore

FWIW, Lacy attended practice today but didn't do much; they say that's a good sign that he was actually there and not in some dark room somewhere. Moving forward after the bye, Lacy will start but Starks will definitely get his touches too; going to be a committee thing at RB for the Packers.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

I can't imagine who I would start Lacy over even if he was 100% healthy

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    I can't imagine who I would start Lacy over even if he was 100% healthy
    I don't get what you are saying here? Lacy IS the starting back and easily the most talented back on Green Bay roster. The fact that he is the starter as a rookie speaks volumes about the rest of the backs, but he is no ordinary rookie, he was drafted for the very purpose of giving the Packers balance.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I don't get what you are saying here? Lacy IS the starting back and easily the most talented back on Green Bay roster. The fact that he is the starter as a rookie speaks volumes about the rest of the backs, but he is no ordinary rookie, he was drafted for the very purpose of giving the Packers balance.
    But it's still a RB-by-committee, especially now that Starks has shown a spark. GB is still a pass-first team and Lacy might be lucky to get 10-15 touches per game going forward even when healthy.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    But it's still a RB-by-committee, especially now that Starks has shown a spark. GB is still a pass-first team and Lacy might be lucky to get 10-15 touches per game going forward even when healthy.
    Eh, Starks is still just a mediocre back, don't be swayed by one game. I also disagree with the 10-15 touches because a healthy Lacy affords Pack the luxury of running out the clock late in games with big leads instead of Aaron being forced to continue to keep throwing because the other running backs can't go forward.