LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Larry Fitzgerald Game-Time Decision, Lions added as a Play

Fitz tweaked a hamstring in practice. I already had a lean on Lions anyway, so I just went ahead and made it official at -1.5 -108.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

good one LT Profits...tailing here

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Tailing as well!

Brutus84
    Brutus84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 402

My team is average. Lions also missing a lineman, Bush slightly dinged up, and Lions never win at certain places in which Arizona is one of them. Only issue I have is I am having a hard time putting my money on Carson Palmer and I plan on rooting for the Lions. I am sol

SteveRyan
    SteveRyan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2995

Had my eye on this one also. Made a thread about it this morning. Thanks for the injury update.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I like Cards. No play though now.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

He's playing, told all the local media he was fine. Tweaked it 3 practices ago. The "Game Time Decision" is most likely gamesmanship by Arians. How effective he will be is another question. Cards only kept 4 WR's on their roster. If Fitz goes down, you have Roberts, Floyd, and Brown, all pretty average. The TE Housler is hurt and out. The O-line is below average and Brown is bottom 5, if not the worst left tackle in the league.

The Lions will get plenty of pressure up the middle. If Brown cannot improve from last week's performance, Palmer will not have much time to operate...which he needs due to the fact he has zero scrambling ability. Phoenix University Stadium will have plenty of Lions fans as well. Not quite as dramatic as when the Cowboys come to town, but you'll be able to hear a lot of cheering when the Lions score. Last year's game was a case of the Lions beating themselves. The Cardinals defense has taken a major step back. New system, DC is a downgrade, Washington is suspended. The Cards don't have a lot going for them offensively. They cannot keep up in a shoot out. I teased the Lions. If the Cardinals win, it's going to be a late FG, OT, something dramatic.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i like the lions, their front 4 will get to palmer and force rushed passes. last week the lions outplayed the vikings and aside from that one big run by AP their defense played very well. with bush this is when the Lions take that next step.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

The cardinals are still the cardinals to proven otherwise, ill take det. And ill tease them aswell cause it'll be some dramatic shit if they lose

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    He's playing, told all the local media he was fine. Tweaked it 3 practices ago. The "Game Time Decision" is most likely gamesmanship by Arians. How effective he will be is another question. Cards only kept 4 WR's on their roster. If Fitz goes down, you have Roberts, Floyd, and Brown, all pretty average. The TE Housler is hurt and out. The O-line is below average and Brown is bottom 5, if not the worst left tackle in the league.

The Lions will get plenty of pressure up the middle. If Brown cannot improve from last week's performance, Palmer will not have much time to operate...which he needs due to the fact he has zero scrambling ability. Phoenix University Stadium will have plenty of Lions fans as well. Not quite as dramatic as when the Cowboys come to town, but you'll be able to hear a lot of cheering when the Lions score. Last year's game was a case of the Lions beating themselves. The Cardinals defense has taken a major step back. New system, DC is a downgrade, Washington is suspended. The Cards don't have a lot going for them offensively. They cannot keep up in a shoot out. I teased the Lions. If the Cardinals win, it's going to be a late FG, OT, something dramatic.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Rocket, I'm boots on the fukkin' ground here, guey. This is local shit. My ear is to the ground.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Detroit should get so much steam 24 hours from game time.... scary actually. Sounds like a trap.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

wasnt det laying like 5 or 6 in zona late last year? now only a pickem type game? zona blowout city

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Rocket, I'm boots on the fukkin' ground here, guey. This is local shit. My ear is to the ground.
    Fukk me to tears Nino...we have no choice but to go with your instincts here my friend

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Unless his hamstring is complete torn off the bone Fitz will play. 90% of NFL players tweak something in practice and still dress up to play on Sunday.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Palmer is one of the biggest losers in the NFL even though eh ahs pretty good stats

Cannot deliver in big time moments kind of like Romo

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Unless his hamstring is complete torn off the bone Fitz will play. 90% of NFL players tweak something in practice and still dress up to play on Sunday.
    Exactly, this aint baseball where you stub your pinky toe and end updone for 5 months.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

As I said in Post #1, I already had a lean on Lions anyway, so there is really nothing to lose by betting them now. If he plays, OK I'll live with being on a team I leaned on anyway. If he doesn't, I probably got a great line.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Thx for the update on him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

This can't be good.

Kerry Taylor - WR - Cardinals

Cardinals promoted WR Kerry Taylor from their practice squad.

Saturday signings are often made when teams anticipate injury situations affecting their Sunday rosters. Larry Fitzgerald is questionable with a hamstring injury, so it's possible Taylor's promotion is an indication the Cardinals are worried he'll miss Sunday's game against the Lions. Beat writer Darren Urban calls Taylor "Larry Fitzgerald insurance." We hope to have a more definitive update by Sunday morning, but the Cardinals and Lions don't play until 4:05PM ET, putting fantasy owners in a bind. Keep an eye out for updates.

Source: Darren Urban on Twitter
    Sep 14 - 5:01 PM

SOCALSCOTT
    SOCALSCOTT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Cards will win!!!

IamAmonkey
    IamAmonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lions will prevail!!!!!!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

ARZ easy, stafford throws 3 picks

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    ARZ easy, stafford throws 3 picks
    Sorry. Lions go 2-0.

Palmer might get injured tomorrow.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Louisville I disagree the offense line of Arizona is horrible. I say take Detroit. The only way Arizona wins is if they get some turnovers on their side and give Palmer some short fields.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    Louisville I disagree the offense line of Arizona is horrible. I say take Detroit. The only way Arizona wins is if they get some turnovers on their side and give Palmer some short fields.
    while that true who would you say has the worse secondary? sure palmer will take some sacks but he will have guys roaming free while peterson will lock up megatron and if im DC i use honey badger to shadow bush, all a sudden stafford doing what he does best and forcing balls into coverage that get picked.. not to mention big time special teams adv for zona..no way am i ready to lay a dime in points or juice with the dumbest most undisciplined team in the league on the road simply cause they beat a totally overrated shit vikings team at home..it zona or nothing in this one and not saying passing a bad idea but playing det is..the over prob worth a look (long as fitz a go) as both teams will have few big plays and both will turn it over leading to scores as well...

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

The one thing scaring me away from Arizona is that Palmer loves to stay in the pocket... Detroit tackles should collapse it a lot...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    The one thing scaring me away from Arizona is that Palmer loves to stay in the pocket... Detroit tackles should collapse it a lot...
    yea i have no doubt he will take some hits and prob fumble it away once or twice. trying to decide if i think that will negatively impact cards more than the pick or 2 i suspect stafford throws and also the superior field position zona should have with their special teams..im still not 100% but know im not touching det, still looking at the over as well as that and zona the only 2 playable sides imo..

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Got Lions ML $1.862 earlier in the week, feeling all right about it.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

I see Megatron having a big game than Reggie Bush for this week against the Cardinals defense.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    I see Megatron having a big game than Reggie Bush for this week against the Cardinals defense.
    against a secondary that last yr had the best yards per completion against, one of the higher sack percentages, and imo actually got better adding that pothead from lsu who i would have shade bush all over the field

flocko76
    flocko76's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3316

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    i hope so, have him going today in FF.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Anyone want to bet me money that Fitz will play today? This is the most important game of his career and he won't miss it.

Anyone knows what's the Lions record on the road as a fav or pick em?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Anyone want to bet me money that Fitz will play today? This is the most important game of his career and he won't miss it.

Anyone knows what's the Lions record on the road as a fav or pick em?
    one of the places that sends updates to my phone told me a hour ago he playing so id say if there a lock this weekend that would be it (you can prob still find a few hamburgers around here that would take the bet tho!) ..hell fitz could whip this secondary in a walking boot...

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    one of the places that sends updates to my phone told me a hour ago he playing so id say if there a lock this weekend that would be it (you can prob still find a few hamburgers around here that would take the bet tho!) ..hell fitz could whip this secondary in a walking boot...
    Thanks for the update!

12 Last