onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

2013 Defense by Weekly Match-up.

Lets keep track of weekly match-ups for Defenses this year. This is how I always play Defenses in Fantasy Football. I'm talking low owned Defenses. Not the Seattle/San Francisco types.

WEEK 1.
    A good match-up and my Defense for Week 1 is Tampa Bay. They are on the road, but against a Jets team starting a rookie QB that just stunk it up in preseason. I really see no offensive threat on this Jets team.

Tampa Bay should be widely available in Fantasy Leagues out there in Week 1, but being added fast. Up to 60% owned in Yahoo leagues.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Loving Tampa in week 1.

I'm just gonna target whoever is playing the Raiders and Jets. Maybe the Jags too, but they may actually be half-way decent on offense this year with MJD back.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Loving Tampa in week 1.

I'm just gonna target whoever is playing the Raiders and Jets. Maybe the Jags too, but they may actually be half-way decent on offense this year with MJD back.
    I was thinking the same thing on Jets and Raiders.

One thing I did notice, Yahoo is projecting a lot of points for defenses against the Chiefs. Teams will probably stack the box and focus on Charles. Alex Smith will have to prove he can air it out, and I don't think he can. I think Bowe is going to have another frustrating year, for his owners that is. I owned him last year, and it was a roller coaster. Chiefs offense is going to be interesting.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11105

I like this thread. I normally play this style too with team defenses. I ignore those top dominating teams and just gamble with the lesser teams. I don't invest much into that position. Tampa Bay sounds like a solid choice facing the Jets.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Yeah, I've kinda been using this approach for the past few seasons. This year, I drafted the Patriots defense, but will also be picking up other D's on a weekly basis.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Patriots Def should be a good pick in week one; last year that ranked very good vs the run; 6th in Y/A and 6th in DVOA. They got beat up by the pass, but I doubt Tuel will be able to take advantage of that, and talent or not, I would take belichek over a rookie QB