TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Did I get a little too stubborn (Fantasy Draft)

Standard scoring league, 12 teams. 6 QB's gone in 1st 2 rounds so I went contrarian and waited until round 7 for Kaepernick. Was heartbroken to take him there after the picks before that were Desean Jackson, TY Hilton, and Jermichael Finley, all guys I WANTED there.

QB- Kaepernick
    RB- Lynch
    RB- CJ
    WR- AJ Green
    WR- VJax
    FLEX- David Wilson
    TE- Cameron
    K- Tucker
    DEF- San Diego

Freeman
    Dwyer
    B Powell
    M Floyd
    Steve Johnson
    Jordy Nelson
    Gresham (TE's went too quick and didn't get a solid backup for Cam like I wanted)

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16749

I only see one kicker. You have draft at least 3 to be safe
    Points Awarded:

bigballa gave actiondan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

nice team

SD defense shit tho

they might go 1-15 this year

TPowell

didnt know league had a flex until after draft. Would have got another decent RB if I had known

lemart5
    FOOTBALL TIME
    lemart5's Avatar Become A Pro!

what spot did you draft from?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

If you're smart you look too see if that Seduck guy from New England is available at TE still on the waiver wire and pick him up. Jared Cook is also decent if still available or the Giants tight end that used to play for Oakland last year.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    If you're smart you look too see if that Seduck guy from New England is available at TE still on the waiver wire and pick him up. Jared Cook is also decent if still available or the Giants tight end that used to play for Oakland last year.
    Cook went ahead of me drafting Cameron. Seduck might be out there though

NYSportsGuy210

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    Cook went ahead of me drafting Cameron. Seduck might be out there though
    Get Seduck now. Jordan Cameron is hit or miss. Is CJ is Spiller then you have a decent team....if it's Chris Johnson then you might finish middle of the pack or worse depending on how Kaepernick does.

TPowell

Get Seduck now. Jordan Cameron is hit or miss. Is CJ is Spiller then you have a decent team....if it's Chris Johnson then you might finish middle of the pack or worse depending on how Kaepernick does.

Johnson, think people will be surprised. Titans brought in 2 great run blocking guards this year for him

TPowell

Not sure how my team will be worse than middle of the pack outside of injuries. I'm loaded at WR and RB. I could easily trade for an elite TE like Gonzalez or Gronk and be fine.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

cut that d, pickup a sleeper, go by commitee each week on defense, cut someone when u pickup the d.

You actually probaly should of waited even longer for the qb. Heck if they take qb early doesn't mean you should. Take advantage of it.

I like your te, i don't like Tony g that much this season.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Possibly could have waited on Kaepernick, but your team isn't too bad. I'm not a big CJ fan at all, but definitely can have a nice season. Your defense will probably be a waiver wire type, so no big issues.

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Nice team.

I drafted 6 on my 12 man standard and came out with this.

NYSportsGuy210

Not sure how my team will be worse than middle of the pack outside of injuries. I'm loaded at WR and RB. I could easily trade for an elite TE like Gonzalez or Gronk and be fine.
    Dude you don't know what you're gonna get from Kaepernick even though he is projected to be good. He runs a lot too so more potential for injuries getting smacked around. You're TE and DEF are weak and Chris Johnson rushes for a lot of yards but Shonee Greene gets the goal line TD's so yea I am on the money.

TPowell

Dude you don't know what you're gonna get from Kaepernick even though he is projected to be good. He runs a lot too so more potential for injuries getting smacked around. You're TE and DEF are weak and Chris Johnson rushes for a lot of yards but Shonee Greene gets the goal line TD's so yea I am on the money.

So I'm supposed to be intimidated by Shonn Greene being a possible vulture lol? If CJ scores, it'll be from 10+ yards out anyway IMO. He's AT WORST a solid #2 back. Not to mention David Wilson being a low end #2 RB at worst. Defenses don't matter in fantasy, not sure what leagues you're playing in. Kaepernick is a rushing QB which makes him even MORE valuable in fantasy football (rushing yards). Not beating up on you, just saying

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Standard scoring league, 12 teams. 6 QB's gone in 1st 2 rounds so I went contrarian and waited until round 7 for Kaepernick. Was heartbroken to take him there after the picks before that were Desean Jackson, TY Hilton, and Jermichael Finley, all guys I WANTED there.

QB- Kaepernick
    RB- Lynch
    RB- CJ
    WR- AJ Green
    WR- VJax
    FLEX- David Wilson
    TE- Cameron
    K- Tucker
    DEF- San Diego

Freeman
    Dwyer
    B Powell
    M Floyd
    Steve Johnson
    Jordy Nelson
    Gresham (TE's went too quick and didn't get a solid backup for Cam like I wanted)
    I like your starting lineup with exception of Kaepernick but I hate your bench with exception of Jordy Nelson.

I really like CJ this year, great RB2, and I really like David Wilson, he's a fantastic Flex, that's a huge advantage over other teams.

Your starting WRs are very good.

Why do you have 3 WR and a TE on your bench? You want RBs!

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    I like your starting lineup with exception of Kaepernick but I hate your bench with exception of Jordy Nelson.

I really like CJ this year, great RB2, and I really like David Wilson, he's a fantastic Flex, that's a huge advantage over other teams.

Your starting WRs are very good.

Why do you have 3 WR and a TE on your bench? You want RBs!

why? I took Dwyer and Powell because I think they end up starters most of the year. I didn't see anybody else worth taking really. You don't like Michael Floyd?