daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4907

Fantasy Football Draft Question

Okay guys my fantasy draft is Next Tuesday and it's a 12 person league at least. It's a non PPR with scoring like this:PASSING
    Passing TD's = 6pts
    Interceptions = -1pt
    Sacks = -1pt
    20 pass yards = 1pt

RUSHING
    Rushing TDs = 7pts
    10 rushing yrds = 1pt

RECEIVING
    Receiving TDs = 6pts
    10 receiving yrds = 1pt

KICK & PUNT RETURN
    Kick Return TDs = 6pts
    kick Return 20yrds = 1pt

MISCELLANEOUS
    2pt conversion = 2pts
    fumbles lost =-2pts
    offensive fumble td = 6pts

My question is should I go RB RB QB with my 3 first picks, or possibly RB QB RB? Or maybe go QB first (if Brees or Rodgers are available)?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Personally, I think it is very hard to pre-determine which positions to draft in which round. It really depends on who falls where. However, I'd highly recommend taking a RB in the first round. Whatever you do, make sure you get at least 2 RB's in the first 3 rounds. Good luck on your draft.

daneault23

yeah last year was my first time doing fantasy and had no idea wtf to do and drafted vick first, then ray rice n then trent Richardson... hoping to possibly get Richardson again as I see him being better this year..

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    yeah last year was my first time doing fantasy and had no idea wtf to do and drafted vick first, then ray rice n then trent Richardson... hoping to possibly get Richardson again as I see him being better this year..
    Trent should be huge in Norv's new offense. If he holds up and plays 14-15 games, he should be a top 5 RB this year. Health is the main issue with Trent.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Trent should be huge in Norv's new offense. If he holds up and plays 14-15 games, he should be a top 5 RB this year. Health is the main issue with Trent.
    I know it's hard to predetermine what positions are going to be picked during what round, but would you normally pick up a WR1 in the 4th round or do you do it earlier? I was thinking of going RB RB QB WR for the first 4 picks...

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

It all depends on what is available at the time

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

do some mocks, I love stevan ridley if u can get him round 2 in this format.

Id go rb rb for sure

You need some wr that will get td, some guys like A Brown is great for ppr but not so much for non ppr.

Wr is deep, and so is qb. If you can start 3 rb, going 3 rb wouldn't even be too bad and you can go wr wr and then take A Luck, or Stafford and if all else fails. Romo will likely be the 12 th qb taken and then u can draft C palmer or a jay cutler later on

daneault23

Just did a mock draft. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1K 1D/ST starts. Heres my team. QB: Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler
    RB: Doug Martin, Darren Sproles, Danny Woodhead, Mikel Leshoure
    WR: Vincent Jackson, Miles Austin, Hakeem Nicks, Tavon Austin, Ryan Broyles
    TE: Kyle Rudolph, Brandon Pettigrew
    PK: David Akers
    TD: Denver Broncos 12 team league, 4th pick
    Last edited by daneault23; 08-19-13 at 11:10 PM.

makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Depends on who's available.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

RB RB WR QB

WR and QB's are deep. If you wait until round 3 or 4 for your #2 RB you may e fukked imo.

GL pal

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

normally, id say go heavy RB...but you are not in a normal league. the 6 pts per passing TD and 20 yards per pt for qbs is huge...you are going to want to get an elite qb in this league because the ones that are throwing for multiple tds are gonna carry you.

daneault23

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    normally, id say go heavy RB...but you are not in a normal league. the 6 pts per passing TD and 20 yards per pt for qbs is huge...you are going to want to get an elite qb in this league because the ones that are throwing for multiple tds are gonna carry you.
    Draft is in about 2 hours....think I'm gonna go RB RB WR WR and try and pick up a Tony Romo or Stafford like player in 5th round or so. However, if I get to round 2 and Brees Rodgers or Manning are available, I'm scooping them up.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

With RB TDs being worth 7 points I definitely think you should try to go RB with your first 2 picks at least. That's pretty heavy RB scoring.

daneault23

Ok so the draft ended up being a 14 person 15 round league. We only get 5 free transactions so the draft matters more this year. I had the 12th pick. A little side note, people were picking up RB's and WR's like crazy in rounds 3 and 4 as well as top QBs so everyone I wanted to get was gone by the time it came back to me. We also have where the total transaction costs are paid to highest scoring D, most points scored, and best overall record split 3 ways so that's why I picked up a D earlier than normal. Here's my team so everyone can talk crap, it wasn't as easy as it sounded... Round 1 T. Richardson
    Round 2 P. Manning
    Round 3 R. Cobb
    Round 4 D. Murray
    Round 5 S. Smith (CAR)
    Round 6 A. Boldin
    Round 7 Denver D
    Round 8 J. Finley
    Round 9 B. Tate
    Round 10 A. Jeffery
    Round 11 P. Dawson
    Round 12 C. Palmer
    Round 13 R. Broyles
    Round 14 B. Pettigrew
    Round 15 J. Rodgers
    Last edited by daneault23; 08-21-13 at 12:00 PM.