jeepsguy004
    jeepsguy004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Patrick,

I wish I could give you an answer for why someone playing a head to head for $535 would play a $10 head to head. The only logic in my mind would be that they want to get action and there are more people that play the lower amounts rather than the larger amounts. These players are obviously very good since they have built themselves such a large bankroll so getting in on plenty of higher amount games is where they make their money. The analogy I want to use is these guys are almost like a furniture store delivery drivers. They get their hourly salary but then some people will give them tips for bringing the furniture into their house. That is what I feel these guys do on fantasy sites. Play the big games which is a salary to them but then go onto some little games where they know people will play and it is like a tip for them and for some reason they lose that $5 h2h or $10 h2h it doesn't mean much since they will probably win some of their bigger games. I know it sounds funny the analogy but it's all I could think of at 5:30 in the morning.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Well, the cheap games SHOULD be +EV for guys sharp enough to win big money games because theoretically the players in the cheap game are more recreational players.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

so draftstreet takes paypal and they are legit site?

PatrickBateman
    PatrickBateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

jeeps,

Yeah that sounds about right to me. It seems like these are guys that know what they are doing and win consistently. So why not just play as much action as you can get if you know you'll be winning 55%+. Like if your BR is $10,000 and you can only get 2 h2hs at $535, then you need to go to the next level down and so on and so on until you reach your $10,000 worth of action.

What are some stratgies for the smaller players though? For example does it seem like a good idea for smaller players to play 5 or 3 player leagues vs the h2hs? And maybe as your BR increases beging to take on h2hs at higher limits?

Ryan138
    Ryan138's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

They all take paypal. I'm pretty sure I have seen some small sample size research over at rotogrinders.com that does show that the higher stakes do have higher quality players (not just people who think they are good). When looking for h2h I always check out the player I am playing (you can see how much they have won, how many games, and so on and at Dailyjoust they have a kind of average per game score to check as well.) If you do a bit of research on who you play as well you can keep your games +ev as well. I would stick to lower stakes games as well as the double up games. These seem to be the best way to start to get a feel for it. GPP's (the big tournaments) are a good way to make a quick buck, but are also a good way to lose your BR as if you are just starting out you may not cash in them for a bit. Over the last 8-9 months that I have started playing at these sites I have been very suprised at the amount of research/skill it does take. If you look into games, there are guys that are so consistent at winning h2h, double ups and place in the gpps that it shows that if you take some time out and really try at this it can be VERY profitable. At the end of football season all the big sites (DJ, FD, DS) had huge payout tournaments 50k-100k. This stuff is only getting bigger and profit is there to be made!

Ryan138

Oh, and that guy you are talking about at FanDuel. Condia, he plays literally like a hundred games a day and is very good. I would suggest if you are looking to join 3 player or 5 player games to look at whose playing. If he is in it, i would suggest not playing him. I have learned my lesson.

PatrickBateman

Ryan138,

That is who I am talking about. Why does he play so many do you think?

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Who needs fantasy sports when we have NCAA basketball?

PatrickBateman

For me its that I like the idea of doing something sportsbettingish without the negative stigma / pain in the butt that it is to do it online. Fantasy sports, even though I don't see why, are just more acceptable. WOuld be nice to make money doing something that isn't as frowned upon or doesnt have a ton of mitigating factors trying to deter it - i.e. sports betting

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 39777

these sites are really worthless

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

nfl only has 2 more weeks of fantasy left

PatrickBateman

why worthless dynamite?

Ryan138

Bateman, He plays everything, 2 dollar games to 500 dollar games. If you are consistently winning and have the br to do it you might as well get as many games as possible i guess.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by dynamite140 View Post
    these sites are really worthless
    Nothing worthless about the $100 buy-ins and up.

PatrickBateman

LTprofits,

You play mostly upper level games? Any suggestions for someone that is new?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    LTprofits,

You play mostly upper level games? Any suggestions for someone that is new?
    I'd like to hear that, too.

LT Profits

It's all personal preference of course, but I like the $109 H2H, 6-man and 10-man leagues at DraftSteet. I don't play in larger leagues unless it is a freeroll and I don't play the higher priced buy-ins because the players are just too damn sharp.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan138 View Post
    They all take paypal. I'm pretty sure I have seen some small sample size research over at rotogrinders.com that does show that the higher stakes do have higher quality players (not just people who think they are good). When looking for h2h I always check out the player I am playing (you can see how much they have won, how many games, and so on and at Dailyjoust they have a kind of average per game score to check as well.) If you do a bit of research on who you play as well you can keep your games +ev as well. I would stick to lower stakes games as well as the double up games. These seem to be the best way to start to get a feel for it. GPP's (the big tournaments) are a good way to make a quick buck, but are also a good way to lose your BR as if you are just starting out you may not cash in them for a bit. Over the last 8-9 months that I have started playing at these sites I have been very suprised at the amount of research/skill it does take. If you look into games, there are guys that are so consistent at winning h2h, double ups and place in the gpps that it shows that if you take some time out and really try at this it can be VERY profitable. At the end of football season all the big sites (DJ, FD, DS) had huge payout tournaments 50k-100k. This stuff is only getting bigger and profit is there to be made!
    great response, thank you very much Ryan

PatrickBateman

What about stacking teams? Is that effective?

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

stacking works best in MLB... guys play a bunch of low stake games, cuz they think the lower players are "weaker"

I think that is misguided

the guys that play alot of games... Im guessing have a gambling problem... and are rich

U are talking about condia on FanDuel... he has a blog

PatrickBateman

Whats the blog?

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

google condiaFF

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by YouMama View Post
    U are talking about condia on FanDuel... he has a blog
    He hasn't been active in the "social" world the last two weeks or so.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    He hasn't been active in the "social" world the last two weeks or so.
    what is he some guy that plays a ton, or did play a ton on fan duel?

PatrickBateman

How does everyone look ino the defensive matchups for games?

PatrickBateman

Also, other than manually logging them in each day, is there a way to track Fanduel Salaries?

jeepsguy004

Patrick, check out rotoguru1.com.....The site is updated everyday at about 9AM EST. On the left hand side of the main page you will see something that says sortable stats. Click what fantasy site you want and then use the drop down boxes to look for what info you want. It is a decent site for prices, price changes and breakdown of how players have done and more. Just check it out and play around with it and I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

PatrickBateman

jeepsguy004,

Hey that helps a lot man, thanks a bunch. See this is the great thing about these forums, we can help each other by supplying info. Too bad 90% of whats on here is people just arguing with one another, but this is one of those 10% times. Awesome.

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Nice site there jeeps. Good info all the way around.

jeepsguy004

Thanks guys. Hope this helps you all.

First 12