Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Bryce Brown or Ronnie Hillman?

Which one is the better play for this week (assuming Shady McCoy is out)? My guess is Brown gets most of the workload, whereas Hilman may share snaps with Lance Ball. Thanks in advance, I'm a mess at RB right now, just trying to patch some things together.

Ronnie Hillman @ KC
    Bryce Brown vs CAR

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Eagles hardly used McCoy, not sure why they would start running more with Bryce Brown.

I think I would go go Ronnie Hillman. Plus you will get more use out of Ronnie, since McGahee is on the shelf for 4 to 6 weeks.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Andy Reid doesn't like to run the ball. John Fox does. There is your answer.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

I would go with Hillman as well. Bryce Brown is a abomination

Speedy88

Opinions on Parmele? As a Rashad Jennings owner, I don't know if I'm ready to own another Jags RB. He does have a nice matchup with Tennessee though.

Right now I need to start 3 RB's of these guys:

Felix Jones vs WASH
    Mikel LeShoure vs HOU
    Alfred Morris @ DAL
    DMC @ CIN (reports are that Dennis Allen is "hopeful" that DMC plays this week.....i'm not holding my breath though)
    Fred Jackson @ IND

Definitely going Morris. Definitely McFadden if he comes back. But assuming he doesn't, I need to figure out 2 RB's between the ones on my bench, and likely one from the waiver wire (Brown, Hillman, Parmele).
    Last edited by Speedy88; 11-20-12 at 02:20 AM.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Go with Hillman, much more upside. Can't see Brown tearing it up behind that awful o-line.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

I definitely agree with the consensus here so far, I'd roll with Ronnie Hillman.

Good Luck!

Speedy88

Whatever happened to Knowshon Moreno?

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I agree with everyone on Hillman, Moreno isn't even on Denver anymore is he?

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Moreno has been an inactive since Week 3. He is still on Denver though.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i am in the same boat as you...i was actually leaning bryce because the talent is there...he used to be a top recruit out of prep school but really screwed up in college...that being said, its true they dont even use mccoy so they probably wont use bryce...hillman just worries me that he will split time with lance ball and maybe moreno if they activate him

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Ronnie Hillman by a country mile.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

i actually like ball more than hillman

Speedy88

I'm not sold on Hillman. He is a young rookie who I heard still struggles with pass protection. Any RB who wants to play with Peyton Manning has to pass block. I just have a feeling that he will split carries with Ball, and may not play on 3rd downs because of his inability to pass block.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I'm not sold on Hillman. He is a young rookie who I heard still struggles with pass protection. Any RB who wants to play with Peyton Manning has to pass block. I just have a feeling that he will split carries with Ball, and may not play on 3rd downs because of his inability to pass block.
    John Elway said today that Moreno will "be in the mix" for Sunday's game at KC. I just don't understand why people are so high on Hillman. He will be splitting carries with two backs, and I doubt he gets goal line carries, he a very small RB. I do agree that he is explosive, but I'd rather go with a RB who will get all the carries like Parmele or Bryce Brown.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    i am in the same boat as you...i was actually leaning bryce because the talent is there...he used to be a top recruit out of prep school but really screwed up in college...that being said, its true they dont even use mccoy so they probably wont use bryce...hillman just worries me that he will split time with lance ball and maybe moreno if they activate him
    McCoy gets 15-20 carries and 4-6 targets a game out of the backfield. I mean sure, he should be getting closer to 25 carries rather than 15, but he's definitely a big part of their offense. I wouldn't say they don't use him. More often than not the Eagle offense has been off the field or lost scoring opportunities in the red zone due to turnovers. Hes lost out on rushing Tds or receiving looks due to the total ineptitude of that offense. It's pretty short-sighted to say he doesn't get used.

I would prefer the back on the better team, Hillman in this case. Without Vick and possibly without McCoy, things could get even worse for the Philly O. I wouldn't want to depend on any Eagle skill-player going forward.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    i actually like young balls and ding dongs more than hillman
    Fixed it for ya tubby.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bryce brown is actually very agile. Bryce would be my choice