lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 247

50 points to the best advice

Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton

Jeremy Maclin or Sidney Rice

Is Daniel Thomas worth a flex spot this week vs the Titans?

Points payout @ 10am tomorrow

thank yoU

xraygord
    xraygord's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Palmer & Dalton are a toss up for me.

vladfan
    vladfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13224

I would say definetly start Dalton at home against a very weak and beat up giants secondary over Carson Palmer vs. the ravnes D on the road. The only good thing for Palmer is the raiders are behind in every game and are forced to throw. They will also be with out there top two running backs Darren McFadden and Mike Goodson so they might be forced to throw anyway. I would also definetly use Sidney Rice over Maclin. Vick has been scrambling for his life, you can't count on anything positive from the Eagles offense, and Maclin has really had only one good game this year were he caught 10 passes for 130 yards and a TD against DET. Rice has been much more consistent and has caught a TD pass in the last 2 games. As far as using Daniel Thomas as a flex vs the Titans with the presence of Bush I don't think you can count on him to get enough touches to make a fantasy impact.
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave vladfan 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Palmer, he passes cuz backs are hurt and may be behind
    Maclin, Eagles need to open up and have a big game he is a big upside receiver roll with him
    Thomas is OK for flex I would use him to get 80 to 100 total yards maybe a TD if you are lucky
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave EmpireMaker 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I'd go with Dalton against the soft Giants passing D
    I'd go with Rice over Maclin. When Maclin doesn't play well it's as if he isn't playing at all.
    Tough to know if Thomas is worth a FLEX spot without knowing what the alternatives are.
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave Andy117 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im picking palmer vs baltimore..trust the vet more than the rookie playing against a superbowl team...ravens secondary is shot so the potential is there especially since Pamer been putting up qb1 numbers lately

Im going maclin over sidney rice..djax had the better game last wk, this wk they gameplan for maclin to get the td(s) sidney Rice will be covered by cromartie so maclin looks like the better matchup

Daiel thomas is worth a flex spot if you're hurting...otherwise you didn't list the alternatives..Miami will be scoring against the Titans..im personally starting dan carpenter the miami kicker

Best of luck, anyways!
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave GamblerSpirit 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I think Palmer is the easy choice at QB. The Raiders will be passing on practically every down and the Bengals do not play well vs. winning teams (haven't beaten one in over two years). WR is a tough call but I give the slightest of nods to Maclin. Seattle has the fewest pass attempts per game in the NFL and the Jets have had two weeks to game plan for them with a bye, during which Rex Ryan found out he was voted the most overrated coach in football by the players. He may want to prove a point. As for Thomas, my inclination would be no, but it is impossible to know for sure without knowing the rest of your team. Also, as a one-week fill-in, if Joique Bell is available as a free agent, I would pick him up and start him over Thomas.
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave LT Profits 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

If this was my decision, I'd go with:

Carson Palmer

Sidney Rice

No

Good Luck, Lester!
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave Shortstop 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Palmer is worth a bag of dicks at Rosie's house in the real world but he should be throwing a ton of passes Sunday which is good for fantasy.

Maclin/Rice is a toss up. You have to decide who you have less faith in: Eagles shit OL or Cromartie and Jets run D. I'd roll with Rice and hope Jets can keep game close.

What other options do you have aside from Thomas? Some guys who may put up numbers as secondary options for their team are Vereen, Kendall Hunter, Woodhead.

Good luck.
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave Grits n' Gravy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

When in these type of situations with it being such a close call I like to look at the defensive stats.

Palmer is going against the Ravens who check in with the 28th rated run defense and 21st rated pass defense. I'd expect the Raiders, going up against such a poor running game, to test out their post-McFadden rushing attach some. This would obviously cut into Palmer's numbers. Palmer also frankly just doesnt have the same type of weapons that Dalton has. McFadden's injury shouldnt be overlooked as he was a big part of their passing game.

Dalton is going against the Giants who check in with the 18th rated rush defense and 25th rated pass defense. Dalton has some great weapons to use in his passing attack with AJ Green and Jermaine Gresham. Frankly this one smells like a shootout to me because I'm not confident in either defense. There's also the possibility of the Giants getting up a few scores and Cincy having to pass the ball to come back which is actually where Dalton (and Green) have racked up a lot of points.

I'd go with Dalton here.

The Maclin/Rice decision is a little tougher. At first glance I would have said to go with Rice, but after looking into it a little more I think Maclin is the decision here. Both are going against tough pass defenses with the Cowboys (Maclin) checking in at 5 and the Jets (Rice) checking in at 6. Both have 50 targets on the year and Maclin has it in one less game. Maclin is also a deep threat which is always nice. Teams traveling across the country also tend to struggle in these types of games, and frankly Seattle isnt much of a juggernaut offensively (not that Philly really is either). Vick and Reid are playing for their job so I'd expect them to really sling the ball around.

I'd go with Maclin.

Regarding Daniel Thomas, the decision to start him depends on who else you have available, but I'd say he definitely has a favorable matchup against the Titans and their 30th ranked run defense. You also have to think that Miami could get up a few scores and sit Bush since injuries are a concern with him. This would allow Thomas to get a lot of later carries. He's definitely worth a start if you need a RB.
    Points Awarded:

lesterdymond gave Straight Cash 50 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Carson, Maclin and No way!

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 247

Thanks for taking the time to post guys.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Thanks for the pts, good luck!

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

carson palmer...volume, volume, volume!! no run game = he will throw 60 passes

sidney rice, guy has been hot lately and maclin just isnt right...rice also is a great end zone target for wilson

yes, d thomas is worth a flex provided u have no better options...bush and thomas have been sharing carries, and tennessee is terrible against the run...best of luck