GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

CJ Spiller will be getting more carries...who is surprised? No one.

Just like I thought they would give the better and younger back more carries now that their season is done. Those who traded him better hope you got excellent value back bc this guy will finish amongst top 10 rbs in a scoring league. Guy is a beast!

From rotoworld

Coach Chan Gailey said he would like to get C.J. Spiller more touches on a consistent basis going forward.
    Spiller and Fred Jackson each touched the ball 11 times against the Texans as they rotated evenly. Of course, Spiller averaged 9.2 yards per touch while F-Jax was at 3.1. "Some weeks are better than others and sometimes they take things away from you that you don't think they're going to do but they did. They surprised us with a defense we hadn't seen very much and we had to alter. I got to do a better job of adjusting," Gailey said. We doubt he'll move away from the even timeshare against the Patriots in Week 10, but Spiller will still be a RB2 option.

Ryan Fitzpatrick said the "story of the day" following Sunday's Week 9 loss to Houston was that "we've got to get" C.J. Spiller more touches.

Now both the head coach and starting quarterback are on record about Spiller's light workload. It seems they understand that six carries and 11 touches for one of the game's best offensive players isn't going to cut it. We still suspect Fred Jackson will start in Week 10, but Spiller should begin pushing toward the top of this timeshare.

On the season, Spiller is averaging 7.2 YPC while F-Jax is at 3.7. The Bills are wasting their most explosive playmaker right now.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Well lets see. I still bet that it is an even split the rest of the year. I think they may try to draw up more designed plays for him, but as far as rush attempts, I think it will be even. Spiller isn't built to be an every down RB.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Well lets see. I still bet that it is an even split the rest of the year. I think they may try to draw up more designed plays for him, but as far as rush attempts, I think it will be even. Spiller isn't built to be an every down RB.

Darren Sproles says hi. We seen how cj looked when he was the lone back, seemed like the perfect guy to be a lead back. I guess fjax who consistently gets hurt is built to be an every down back?

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Darren Sproles says hi. We seen how cj looked when he was the lone back, seemed like the perfect guy to be a lead back. I guess fjax who consistently gets hurt is built to be an every down back?
    I wouldn't call FJax injury prone. He had a freak accident last year in which he broke his leg, and he had an ankle injury this year. Those two injuries are pretty much his only injuries he has had in his extensive NFL career.

Darren Sproles is clearly the best RB in New Orleans, but he isn't meant to carry the ball between the tackles 15+ times. Same goes for Reggie Bush. Miami may think he is an everydown back, but there is a reason why he wasn't the lead back when he was in New Orleans, and there is a reason why he is constantly hurt. Spiller falls into that same category.

Spiller might be the most explosive RB in the NFL, but I just don't see him being the primary RB for the Bills, at least for this season.
    Points Awarded:

GamblerSpirit gave Speedy88 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GamblerSpirit

Very good points, Speedy! I guess call me a cj fan.

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Nice informative thread, keep em coming

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

while i agree he is not an every down type of back, i still dont see why they couldnt try giving spiller a bigger workload going forward and maybe spell him with f-jax on third downs and after big runs for a breather...fjax is on the wrong side of 30 coming off a broken leg, spiller is a young flashy explosive back who really needs more playing time, that much is clear...while i like f-jax and drafted him early on, spiller is clearly more than a flash in the pan that needs more touches

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

maybe spiller can have a repeat of the end of last yr and win some people some leagues!

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by jhack704 View Post
    maybe spiller can have a repeat of the end of last yr and win some people some leagues!

He was the #1 back in the entire league when fjax was out earlier this yr. It's not a question of if he can, but when will they finally give him a bigger workload.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

He's buffalos best weapon of course

jhack704

i think the bills know he is good but dont want to bench fjax, fjax isnt bad but the bills r too scared to tell him the found his replacement.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by jhack704 View Post
    i think the bills know he is good but dont want to bench fjax, fjax isnt bad but the bills r too scared to tell him the found his replacement.
    You might be right. FJax is one of the longest tenured Bills, and he is one of the team captains. It's hard to tell a team leader to take a seat on the bench.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Good to hear this news, glad I didn't trade him.

Speedy88

As I said, FJax will get more touches than Spiller as long as he is healthy.

GamblerSpirit

As I said, FJax will get more touches than Spiller as long as he is healthy.
    He had a big game this week. Could have had 30 pts if he got the third td from the goalline. Spiller is putting up respectable numbers as a fill in though, and looks absolutely on another level compared to everyone else. Sick speed and agility. Unbelievable burst. Starting to remind me of his legendary clemson days.

Speedy88

Looks like Fred Jackson had some kind of head injury late in the game. With the Bills on a short week, Spiller might be the lead RB in Buffalo on Thursday Night Football.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I don't think 9 is more than 16.

jetsjets1028
    jetsjets1028's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1363

he better cuz jackson is bum for fumbling mightve cost them the game. u DONT fumble at the 1.. thanks a lot bills

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

So much for Spiller. Looks like the additional injury could be the boost for him, but it was split up once again.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i'm a fred jackson owner and i think he is trying to do too much resulting in fumbles.

hope fred realizes he won't lose his job and play the game like he did for the last couple years.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

im not surrpised he is doing well now. guy was a beast in college anyway

Speedy88

Fred Jackson has been ruled out for Thursday Night Football. Look for Spiller to be a top 5 RB play this week.

GamblerSpirit

Fred Jackson has been ruled out for Thursday Night Football. Look for Spiller to be a top 5 RB play this week.
    It begins...again. i'm so amped. Looking forward to 30 pts..it seems very likely for this guy every single week when he's the lone back.

jhack704

ya but miami has a pretty good run D