Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Can someone explain Fantasy Basketball to me? FIRST TIMER!

I'm in a 12 team league with H2H each category..So its each week you play against another team in your league. But do you have to start someone everyday and how does that work since your player only plays a certain amount of games a week. For example tomorrow there's 3 NBA games and I have Nash, Wade and Garnett starting tomorrow. Do I have to fill up my other spots or can I play them later in the week or how does that even work?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

you adjust your team each day meaning if a player doesn't have a game that day you can put them in the bench. So basically you will be able to start all your players that have games that day which is why you wanna make sure your players are all from different teams. also you can adjust your team for the entire week monday morning by clicking each day and adjusting your team and saving all the way until sunday.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

So would if I put my players on bench I should pick up free agents that are playing that night and start them?

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

It depends on your league's settings obviously.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Fantasy Baseball, Basketball and Hockey are too time consuming. It takes real dedication. With games everyday, you have to be on top of things.

I haven't play any of them in almost 10 years.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1512

Just remember, that your match up is limited to so many games for the week. An example of game limits would be 26 games. This means you can only use 26 players for that week's match up, if you go over that, your fantasy points wont count. So if you use all 26 players up on Saturday, none of your players fantasy points will count on the last day, Sunday. Try to space them out through the week and have your game limit at 25 on Saturday, so on the last day of your match up,(Sunday), you can put everybody who's available in and all of their fantasy points will count. You don't lose points for going over on the last day of the match up.

You generally want to use your best guys every time, and pick your players accordingly, so you have guys available on each day. This may not always work out and sometimes you may only have two or three players available for that night. Other nights your roster will be full and you'll have to decide who will sit and who will play. This is where trades and wavier wire pick ups can be helpful if you're lacking players on certain nights. Good luck and welcome to fantasy hoops, it's pretty cool bro once you get the hang of it!

Btw, yes I would go ahead and start Nash, Wade and Garnett for your first nights match up. Just remember to keep track of your game limits and you can even pre set your roster for the week so every player is already in place. Just come back and check it before game time, in case someone is injured, sick, or sitting out that night, That way you have time to sub in a different player.
    Last edited by mikejamm; 10-30-12 at 02:50 AM.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Man View Post
    So would if I put my players on bench I should pick up free agents that are playing that night and start them?
    Can't drop your good players or you will be screwed. Usually in a H2H matchup you will have about the same amount of active players in a week as your opponent. The most important part is to make sure you insert a player in the active lineup if they have a game that day.