onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Week 8 - Must pick up = Rashad Jennings

MJD out Week 8, and possible out a extended period of time. Could have Lisfranc injury.

Real good PPR RB, with his pass catching abilities.

I may use my #1 waiver pick on him.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

Im in a WW auction league. $100 to start. People have been bidding high values for RBs all year. $25 for Andre Brown when Bradshaw first went down, $30 each for Green/Starks and a couple others around that value. Im thinking this might be worth breaking the bank for if this MJD news is confirmed as serious. Worth putting something close to 40-50 on?

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5117

Week 8-GB
    Week 9-DET
    Week 10-Indy Good play
    Week 11-HOU

If anything he would be good in week 10, but if you have a better option like Dwyer or even Howlings, I would go that route. JAX RB's have been very shaky plays this season, and one good week isn't going to turn things around with tough defenses coming up in their schedule.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbite8 View Post
    Week 8-GB
    Week 9-DET
    Week 10-Indy Good play
    Week 11-HOU

If anything he would be good in week 10, but if you have a better option like Dwyer or even Howlings, I would go that route. JAX RB's have been very shaky plays this season, and one good week isn't going to turn things around with tough defenses coming up in their schedule.
    You had my attention until you mentioned a Cardinal RB. All credibility out the window with that.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

hey a cardinal rb that just put up over 100 yds on the road against a tough vikings run D...any option that can potential lead somewhere is good in fantasy football, all about gambles really

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I'd much rather have Rashad Jennings than any Steeler or Cardinal RB.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Killer injury if MJD is out for the season. Some really nice matchups from Week 12-14 with TEN, @BUF and NYJ.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Yeah Jennings will be scooped up in a ton of leagues. Some guy actually drafted him in Round 7 and just kept him on his bench in one of my leagues

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    hey a cardinal rb that just put up over 100 yds on the road against a tough vikings run D...any option that can potential lead somewhere is good in fantasy football, all about gambles really
    I know about that performance, but the guy said we can't get excited over one week. Or does that just refer to R.Jennings? Cardinals play in one of the best defensive divisions, so they won't have it easy. Not to mention one of the worse offensive lines.

I'm not saying R.Jennings is going to be a game breaker, but he has some nice upside if you need a RB. Especially in a PPR league. I feel more upside then a Cardinal, or even Steeler RB. R.Jennings will be even a better value, if MJD is out for season. I hope we get concrete news by Tuesday evening.

But your right, it is a gamble. You need a lot of luck in Fantasy.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod124 View Post
    Yeah Jennings will be scooped up in a ton of leagues. Some guy actually drafted him in Round 7 and just kept him on his bench in one of my leagues
    I drafted R.Jennings in the 12th round, but once MJD showed he didn't need time to get up to speed. I dropped him.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

He is still on a diseased offense, weak play.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

own MJD in 2 leagues

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I don't like Howlings either, I just never thought he was very good. BUT it is slim pickings out there and he may be a half-decent pick-up by default.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

howlings is way over rated

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Yeah, but he also put up a stinker the week before. He had like 20 yards on 10 carries and Powell got most of the load that week, against Buffalo.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

look im not saying LSH is a dynamite play by any means, and i totally agree that rashard jennings is a better play (although hes not much either)...all im saying is you have to explore all the avenues in FFB, if you are late to the party you usually get left out...

that said, im not very sold on dwyer. he had a solid day against a terrible cinci run D, but he had his chance earlier this year to take the RB spot and he just never really got it going. once redman and especially mendenhall get back, its going to be a pretty cloudy situation at best. not very high on stephens howling, but the coach and team like him a lot (larry fitz lobbied for him) and although hes small, hes pretty fast and talented. if you cant get rashard i would say go with LSH over dwyer. especially this time of year with injuries and byes, you never know who could help propel you to the playoffs

veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Jennings is a good sized RB, better than the Pitt or AZ RB's. If you own MJD this is a no-brainer.

sharkbite8
    Update your status

bump
    Last edited by sharkbite8; 10-24-12 at 12:29 PM.

sharkbite8
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    You had my attention until you mentioned a Cardinal RB. All credibility out the window with that.

True that I would never pickup Howlings...but I would be looking for Beanie if he's out there....in about a month he will be back from IR should be a better back than anything they've had this season.

But, as of right now even Dwyer isn't a good back to have with Mendenhall coming back this week. Unless you have a very deep bench.

Good luck with Jennings, because he is not going to be as good as MJD. Plus it now looks like MJD will be back in a few weeks.

Also, it's kind of funny that you post a pickup on the most obvious waiver for this week....If you are going to be legit, actually do some research and make a suggestion on the less obvious players that can help teams.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If you are going to be legit, actually do some research and make a suggestion on the less obvious players that can help teams.
    You mean like Ryan Broyles in PPR leagues?

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

True that I would never pickup Howlings...but I would be looking for Beanie if he's out there....in about a month he will be back from IR should be a better back than anything they've had this season.
    Why the hell would anyone pick up Beanie right now? Waste of space on the bench and he didnt do a damn thing when he played earlier this year.

sharkbite8
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Why the hell would anyone pick up Beanie right now? Waste of space on the bench and he didnt do a damn thing when he played earlier this year.
    Obviously you haven't played FF very long, or maybe haven't played in competitive $$ leagues. Wells is a good p/u if you have the need for a RB, especially around the playoffs. Right now AZ has zero depth in their running game, and if you have a deep bench he would be worth the pu. Most leagues don't have any decent RB's on waivers. It would be a similar move to Vincent Brown (SD). He was a great depth pu several weeks ago, even though he won't play till Nov, that's of course if he was even dropped earlier in the season. Also, Wells is ready to come back, he's just stuck on IR until week 12.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    You mean like Ryan Broyles in PPR leagues?
    You noticed his nice hands and play in that Monday nighter too? Should be a solid slot WR for the Lions.

I may pick him up. He is still under the radar.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO

Obviously you haven't played FF very long, or maybe haven't played in competitive $$ leagues. Wells is a good p/u if you have the need for a RB, especially around the playoffs. Right now AZ has zero depth in their running game, and if you have a deep bench he would be worth the pu. Most leagues don't have any decent RB's on waivers. It would be a similar move to Vincent Brown (SD). He was a great depth pu several weeks ago, even though he won't play till Nov, that's of course if he was even dropped earlier in the season. Also, Wells is ready to come back, he's just stuck on IR until week 12.
    Wells is worthless, the Arizona o-line is terrible and with the revolving door at QB not even Fitzgerald is worth a damn.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Wells is worthless, the Arizona o-line is terrible and with the revolving door at QB not even Fitzgerald is worth a damn.
    Pretty much sums it up. Only add a Cardinal RB in desperation.