dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

mike williams for mendenhall

was offered a trade, my mike williams (and william powell) for his rashard mendenhall (and scott chandler)

i put those guys in () because i dont feel they have a huge affect on the deal

lineup:

romo
    marshall/austin/nicks (start 3wr)
    alex green/vick ballard (turner on bye, d. brown injured)
    m. williams (flex)
    marcedes lewis (tony gonz on bye)

things that come into play:
    mike williams has what i think is a great matchup against the saints
    rashard mendenhall also has a good matchup, but has a sore achilles and sat out today...

i feel like the tight end might be a small upgrade from lewis to chandler (although both OAK and TEN suck against tight ends this year)

william powell...a somewhat interesting prospect? he had a great preseason and has a good ypc and looked good last week...

im 2-4 and in 10th, but the top team is 4-2 and its a lot of parity...still would really like to win now

what do you guys think?
    Last edited by dudekid; 10-17-12 at 03:49 PM.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

also shouldve listed my bench...i have william powell, david wilson, turner/gonz (byes), d brown (out) and andrew luck...

felix jones and lagarette blount are both taken...any thoughts?

veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

All depends on Mendenhall's health. You need a solid RB desperately.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

yeah i agree....the kid with mendenhall also has baron batch so i asked for both incase mendy cant go...gotta have a backup plan haha

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

i ended up making the trade. i traded m. williams, marcedes lewis, and william powell. i received mendenhall, baron batch, and scott chandler

the way i see it:
    mendenhall slightly better than williams
    chandler better than lewis
    batch worse than powell (only got batch as a backup incase mendy cant play)

this definitely solidifies my RBs going forward, but i really hope he plays this week so i can have a legitimate starter (since williams had a great matchup with new orleans for this week)

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I really like Mike Williams, have him on a couple teams, and he's been producing solid numbers. With VJax on the other side, Williams is seeing more single coverage. Big, physical WR that Josh Freeman likes to look for in the EZ. Mendy is definitely a gamble, not just because of his health, but that Steeler OLine is pretty banged up as well. It looks like you needed help at RB, but don't know how much Mendy will help. GL, hopefully he will improve and they can get some help on the OL.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I would absolutely take mendy in this deal

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I like the Mendenhall side of that deal. I also think Chandler is a upgrade at TE.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3635

I have Mendenhall in one league and I have a bad feeling hes going to be banged up all year. Guy looked amazing first game back but looked like a 40 year-old running against the Titans. Good luck.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

i hope mendy can get back on track, im also working on trading donald brown for antonio brown so i have insurance incase mendy cant go on sunday night

ericthegangster
    MARK IT ZERO!
    ericthegangster's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think you should cut romo and pick up whoever is left. tony romo is terrible. maybe you can find someone that doesnt think so and trade romo for a rb and then pick up the scraps from FA

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

i dont know about that man, i think im giving romo one more week. i have luck on my bench, and if romo cant get it done, then ill probably make the switch...however, romo has had the toughest QB schedule of anyone in the nfl so far, and he has been a great fantasy qb in the past...with no run game for dallas this week (im not sold on felix j) i think romo will be throwing a lot, and hopefully he can give me some production