onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Week 6 - Which RB should I replace Cedric Benson with?

PPR League.
    Return yards - 40 yards = 1 point. Bonus @ 100+ = 2 points.

I need a RB this week, and also need to drop Cedric Benson.

Here are my choices:

David Wilson
    Alex Green
    LaRod Stephens-Howling

I don't like the Cardinal RB's, as their offensive line is terrible.

I already dropped C.Benson for D.Wilson. I grabbed A.Green also, by dropping D.Pitta. I don't need a TE until Week 7.

Which RB do you think has the most upside?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I just dropped Benson for Alex Green. GB has been looking for a RB for a while, hoping they strike lightning in a bottle with Green.. He has the most potential because of the offense he plays on. Beanie and Ryan Williams couldn't do much in Arizona, doubt LSH will do much, and I doubt he carries it more than 12-15 times a game (body isn't built for it).

Still don't trust David Wilson, but he is worth stashing if Bradshaw gets hurt.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Green for sure for your fantasy football needs!

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

doesnt seem u have much to choose from

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Alex Green, from those you mentioned..

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

green hasn't looked very good with the few reps he's gotten.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i also picked up green and thought about flexing him (benson was my RB) but now the rumors are coming out that starks is going to be the starter for GB...tough to say really, i cant believe they would go with starks after he hasnt played at all yet this year, and green looked pretty solid last weekend...we will see i guess

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    i also picked up green and thought about flexing him (benson was my RB) but now the rumors are coming out that starks is going to be the starter for GB...tough to say really, i cant believe they would go with starks after he hasnt played at all yet this year, and green looked pretty solid last weekend...we will see i guess
    A.Green is their most explosive RB, but J.Starks is a better pass blocker right now. They most likely split carries, and A.Green getting a extended load as the year goes on. Plus the Packers site has A.Green listed as starter.

Alex Green - RB - Packers

Green Bay's team provided depth chart lists Alex Green as its starting running back, followed by James Starks and Brandon Saine.

Coach Mike McCarthy has expressed skepticism Green can handle a full workload in Cedric Benson's absence, but he's clearly the "next man up," so to speak. Starks has the longest track record of the three players, but the Packers' faith in him has gotten so low he was a healthy scratch for Week 5. It's a situation that will remain murky until the Pack play a game or two without Benson, but Green is the priority add for fantasy players.

Looks like D.Wilson is out of the doghouse.

David Wilson - RB - Giants

According to the Daily News, the Giants' coaches are now "excited" about David Wilson.

It looks like Wilson has finally worked his way out of the doghouse. With Ahmad Bradshaw coming off a 34-touch day and Andre Brown still dealing with a concussion, the first-round rookie is prepping for a real offensive role this week. The Daily News says Wilson "should get a share of the load on Sunday." We're not comfortable starting him in fantasy circles yet, but there's plenty of stash appeal here. Wilson hasn't fumbled since Week 1.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

could also look into vic ballard since donald brown just went down for 2+ weeks, ballard is now the starter

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I picked up Vick Ballard too. He has a nice match-up the next 3 weeks.

So I got 4 of the hot pick-ups this week, without using a Waiver pick.

Alex Green
    Vick Ballard
    David Wilson
    Jahvid Best

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Ballard will probably see the most action this week. Other three all on timeshare

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I wont believe that D. Wilson will get a "share of the load" like that article claims.. until I see it. A share might mean 4-5 touches for the entire game. No thanks. I know Brown is out, but I seriously doubt Wilson gets a good number of touches this weekend against the 49ers. Worth to stash him in case Bradshaw goes down I guess.