Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

What DST To Play Week 4?

I'm usually able to pick up an "obvious" DST off the wire, but nothing is jumping out at me. Here's what I've narrowed it down to (unless it is an elite defense, I usually like to stick to home teams):

Cowboys DST vs CHI
    Falcons DST vs CAR
    Broncos DST vs OAK
    Buccaneers DST vs WASH

Cowboys could get a ton of sacks against the weak Chicago O-line. Falcons have looked GOOD defensively, just a little worried that the Carolina offense goes off (especially with the extra few days off). Broncos should bounce back after giving up 30+ at home against Houston. Bucs have been great defensively, is this where RG3 has his first rough patch?

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Out of this list I like Dallas and then Tampa

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by presley177 View Post
    Out of this list I like Dallas and then Tampa
    That's what I'm thinking. Only thing I hate is I have Brandon Marshall....And most likely Brandon Carr is going to shut Marshall down.

I don't know a whole lot about TB's defense. I know they are great against the run, how are they against the pass?

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm far from an expert on tampa's defense but I like their coach schiano a lot. The secondary has been burned some but I think they're a lot better than the stats show. I wouldn't be surprised if RG III shows he's human in this game.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by presley177 View Post
    I'm far from an expert on tampa's defense but I like their coach schiano a lot. The secondary has been burned some but I think they're a lot better than the stats show. I wouldn't be surprised if RG III shows he's human in this game.
    Bucs offense also helps their defense. They play for field position and like to run the ball. Both of those help your defense.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

pickup the chiefs, simply a tossup, has to be more free agent d then that

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

I like Dallas or Denver best.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Definately don't like the Broncos. They also are down 1 from suspension (the LB who popped Matt Shaub last week) and Oakland showed they can score.

No love for Atlanta? They have 7 sacks 7 interceptions and 2 forced fumbled if I recall. Just dominating...

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by Parligod View Post
    Definately don't like the Broncos. They also are down 1 from suspension (the LB who popped Matt Shaub last week) and Oakland showed they can score.

No love for Atlanta? They have 7 sacks 7 interceptions and 2 forced fumbled if I recall. Just dominating...
    Atltanta is enticing, but that read-option offense that Carolina runs can explode. Great defenses can struggle against it because they never play against it. ATL DST probably explodes this week or gets killed. Extra prep time for Carolina too.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I like the Bronco's then the cowboys.

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

I like Dallas, but Bucs could be a decent play too.

Speedy88

Whats going on with the Dallas defense? I thought I read somewhere that Brandon Carr may be moved to safety for a period of time becasue of an injury. Who got hurt on the 'Boys? Makes me feel a lot better about starting Marshall if this is true.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Whats going on with the Dallas defense? I thought I read somewhere that Brandon Carr may be moved to safety for a period of time becasue of an injury. Who got hurt on the 'Boys? Makes me feel a lot better about starting Marshall if this is true.
    This is what I found.

Barry Church - DB - Cowboys

Cowboys SS Barry Church is done for the season with a torn right Achilles' tendon.

He'll have surgery on Tuesday. The Cowboys were already missing FS Gerald Sensabaugh for multiple games. They'll now be without both of their starting safeties in Week 4. Church, a physical "box" safety, looked to be an ascending player in Rob Ryan's defense. He beat out Brodney Pool handily in camp.
    Eric Frampton - DB - Cowboys

Cowboys signed S Eric Frampton.

Frampton won the spot by beating out four other safeties to work out for the Cowboys on Tuesday. Although he's never started in the NFL, Frampton appeared in all but two games with the Vikings over the past four years. He'll add depth with Barry Church out for the season.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    This is what I found.
    After reading all of that, I'm no longer wanting the Cowboys DST. Both starting safeties out? Yikes. Could be a big day for Marshall. Everything on twitter is suggesting that Carr could play safety on Monday Night.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Falcons
    Did you see what Cam Newton couldn't do, last week?

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

what about the broncos? carson palmer is usually good for 2-3 picks a game and hopefully they can turn one into a score...mcfadden has been good not great, they are without DHB, they really arent that scary of a matchup especially in mile-high stadium

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19468

Broncos could make some plays(pic 6's), couple of sacks

Falcons, I like, because of limiting yards,
    but they're not scoring touchdowns,
    I kind of think they're due for a touchdown with Cam Newton showing signs of reckless quarterback behavior

Speedy88

It's just hard to gauge how good a defense will be against the read-option offense.