Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I need a DST for Week 3.

I typically pick up DST's on a week to week basis depending on their opponent. Right now I have a waiver claim in for the 49ers (yeah I know, some dummy in my league dropped them), but I doubt i'll get them seeing that I'm 9th in the waiver claim order. So here are the choices, not really any great options, but some potentially good ones:

Cowboys vs TB
    Dolphins vs NYJ
    Colts vs JAC
    Broncos vs HOU

Of those 4, the Cowboys and Broncos probably have the best defenses, but they are also playing good offensive teams. Tempted to play Colts DST just because Jacksonville is so bad on offense, but I could still see the Colts giving up 21+ points to Blaine Gabbert. Think I'm leaning towards going with the Cowboys, big redemption game for Rob Ryan after getting embarassed by the Seahawks.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Yeah, of those options I think I'd go with Dallas also.

Is Arizona available in your league? Philly been turning it over alot so far and Arizona D very underrated. Plus, Patrick Peterson has not returned a punt for a TD yet, he's due.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post

Is Arizona available in your league? Philly been turning it over alot so far and Arizona D very underrated. Plus, Patrick Peterson has not returned a punt for a TD yet, he's due.
    I was planning on taking AZ but they got scooped up on the first day of waivers. Funny enough, the guy who dropped the 49ers DST picked up AZ DST. I'd be all over AZ DST, they are going to eat up Vick.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I just picked up the COlts from the wires. Think they play well against the Jags and Gabbert. maybe even a defensive td.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I think of the options you gave, Dallas is the best option. Their improved secondary will make some plays.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

someone dropped SF

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    someone dropped SF

Depending on league settings they havent produced many points. 10 points in yahoo leagues and 11 or so in ESPN leagues. They have a great defense but in fantasy football, interceptions, fumble recoveries and TDs produce points. Holding a team to 14-17 points weekly by itself wont pile up the points..

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Depending on league settings they havent produced many points. 10 points in yahoo leagues and 11 or so in ESPN leagues. They have a great defense but in fantasy football, interceptions, fumble recoveries and TDs produce points. Holding a team to 14-17 points weekly by itself wont pile up the points..
    the first two weeks vs great offensive teams dont indicate how the season will play out... the 49ers have the easiest defensive schedule in the league this season (based on last yrs numbers)... match that with the fact that they are they best defensive unit in football... no chance in hell do they belong on a waiver wire

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I'd have to say the Dallas Defense.

Speedy88

Moment of truth time in about an hour to see if I get the 49ers DST. If not I'm going to roll with the 'Boys.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I went with saints d this week at home vs kc I hope it was the right move

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

did you get the 49ers?? if not, i agree go with the cowboys, ware will pile up some sacks and their corners have looked great so far

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

also, should I go with the cardinals D/ST this week? i have the texans D, who have been solid so far this year and have a good defense, but i'm obviously worried about peyton manning. he did throw 3 picks last week but at the same time that seemed more like a rarity than anything...

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    the first two weeks vs great offensive teams dont indicate how the season will play out... the 49ers have the easiest defensive schedule in the league this season (based on last yrs numbers)... match that with the fact that they are they best defensive unit in football... no chance in hell do they belong on a waiver wire
    Last years numbers dont mean damn.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

Defense is such a random stat in fantasy football. In one league a few years ago I had the Bills D and they were tops in the league that year, but their real D sucked.

Speedy88

Torn between Colts and Cowboys. Cowboys ovbiously have the superior defense, I'm just scared this will be Giants/Bucs part 2 in a high scoring game.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

i think colts will be the best of the choices.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by ronzer View Post
    i think colts will be the best of the choices.
    Yeah but the Colts DST sucks. I think I'm going to go with the better defense, the Cowboys. Rob Ryan should have them ready. Not sold on TB being an offensive machine, I think NYG's defense just played horrible that week.

sharkbite8
    Update your status
    sharkbite8's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5129

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post

I agree with BigSpoon regarding ARZ D. But, of the list you have i would pick Dallas. Although, I think Denver will be playing with a chip after losing to ATL Monday Night. Dallas will have trouble containing Martin's runnning game with TB. But, should be able to limit VJAX and Williams, with their secondary.