presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Aaron Hernandez on waivers

I have graham. Espn $50 league. I have the #1 waiver pick so he's mine if I want him however you can only carry two tight ends and there's no ir slot(retarded)

I'd drop Kyle Rudolph and graham bye week is week 6. If Hernandez isn't back by then I'd be playing the week without a starting TE. What should I do?

10 team league non ppr
    Qb, 2 rb, flex, 2 wr, TE, D, K

Stafford
    Rothlisberger
    Flacco

McFadden
    Charles
    Ryan Matthews
    Cedric Benson

Dez Bryant
    Percy Harvin
    Brandon Lloyd
    Demarious Thomas

Jimmy Graham
    Kyle Rudolph

Stream my defense fr matchups

Justin Tucker

And of course my team is 0-2 :/

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

as much as he is a great talent, i dont really see the need to waste your #1 on him here, and this is why...

you already have graham, so you wont be starting aaron anywhere else besides flex spot. pats will win a few games and they wont rush him back, and even if so, they have gronk and just picked up kellen winslow, hes far from the #1 option on that team anyways...

here is the lineup i would set:
    qb stafford (really any of the 3, depends on matchups...also not sure why you have 3 QBs)
    matthews (once healthy)
    benson/mcfadden (matchup play)
    harvin
    thomas
    graham

you have real solid options at both RB and WR, but you could probably make a trade to get something REALLY good...most likely an RB. harvin and thomas will carry your team in the WR department, and you also have bryant waiting in the wings. see if you could move some kind of package of lloyd/charles/mcfadden/flacco/big ben any combination of those guys, or any of those guys, to see if you can upgrade to a great RB
    Points Awarded:

presley177 gave dudekid 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

If you didn't already have a better TE than Hernandez I'd say go for it, but you'd use Graham over Hernandez pretty much every week, so why bother?
    Points Awarded:

presley177 gave Andy117 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

Quote Originally Posted by Andy117 View Post
    If you didn't already have a better TE than Hernandez I'd say go for it, but you'd use Graham over Hernandez pretty much every week, so why bother?
    Trade bait for the struggling teams out there who didn't have the space to stash him or didn't have the patience to save up a #1 WW selection.

I say pick him up, stash him on IR if you have one- if not, just wait a few weeks then package him for an upgrade elsewhere.
    Points Awarded:

presley177 gave therushishere 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Based on your rules you can't go for him, which is shitty. You can't afford to risk not having a TE in Week 6 and I like Rudolph, who you'd more than likely be unable to reclaim before someone else snatches him.
    Points Awarded:

presley177 gave LT Profits 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

presley177

I sorta agree that it'd be a huge gamble to almos give away a week possibly if I don't have a TE. I'm not sure what the trade market for Hernandez would be but I should probably save the #1 waiver for something more valuable and a less fancy name

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

It is only Week 3, and there have already been many overreaction pick-ups on waivers the last two weeks. Hold on to that #1 waiver pick until someone solid is out there for pick-up, and you feel more comfortable with.

I'm working my way up waivers. I'm currently to 5th, from starting the season at 12th. I would love to be sitting on that #1 pick when that "KEY" player is ready for pick-up in the coming weeks. I think I already had one on my Bench in D.Amendola, so I can keep working my way to that #1.

I'm also hoping drafting David Wilson pans out. It would be nice to see him excel tomorrow night, and take the spotlight away from Andre Brown. Because if D.Wilson does, he will be the next "KEY" waiver pick-up. He is the most explosive, and the Giants have to let him out of the doghouse soon.
    Points Awarded:

presley177 gave onlooker 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

presley177

All very good points. Hoping Rudolph can meet expectations!