BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

*Official Chris Johnson Owners Support Group Thread*

Yes, I am included in this group. Feel free to vent and offer suggestions on what to do with CJ-21yards.

Something is clearly broken down in Nashville. Do not see things getting better vs Detroit coming up in week 3.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

lions defense sucks. CJ will shred them for 100 yards and 2 td's

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I almost traded for him before the season started, glad I didn't. Of course I can probably get him pretty cheap now.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    lions defense sucks. CJ will shred them for 100 yards and 2 td's
    The titans suck, Zeta. That's all you need to know when discussing CJ. Locker sucks. When are they sticking Hasslebeck in there, or will it not matter?

therushishere
    therushishere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 990

What type of player would you take for him in a trade?

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

Checking in... I too have been screwed by his ass

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

i got him in 2 leagues...problem with CJ is that after detroit, he's @HOU, @MIN, vs. PIT.....all matchups where i can see him getting 5 or less points. really the hope here is that he absolutely goes off on detroit, and finds a way to have a massive point total, then try to trade him at the best value you can probably get...i thought the addition of steve hutchinson coulda helped their line but they are a sinking ship, locker is NOT an nfl qb either, with hasselbeck they can at least keep defenses honest

therushishere

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    i got him in 2 leagues...problem with CJ is that after detroit, he's @HOU, @MIN, vs. PIT.....all matchups where i can see him getting 5 or less points. really the hope here is that he absolutely goes off on detroit, and finds a way to have a massive point total, then try to trade him at the best value you can probably get...i thought the addition of steve hutchinson coulda helped their line but they are a sinking ship, locker is NOT an nfl qb either, with hasselbeck they can at least keep defenses honest
    Minnesota isn't the toughest matchup. I'm not a big Locker fan either. If there's a coaching change and QB change with Hasselbeck things could get better down the stretch. This is the reason I didn't draft him though.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

really they need an offensive style change...this current run and shoot, old school RB style is terrible for johnson...he needs a spread offensive with more room to run and more lanes, not trying to defend him because a lot of this is his running with indecisiveness, but the system certainly isnt helping him. neither is jake locker, i would stack the box all day and make that bum beat you

GamblerSpirit

They spread out the offense in the shotgun formation, but Jake Locker is horrible. He couldn't even throw a 5 yard pass to CJ in space. All his throws were under thrown, and get this RB a FULLBACK to lead!!!!!

GamblerSpirit

So yeah even if they spread it out, which they have been doing with the shotgun formation, Locker can't throw a 5 yd pass. He underthrew so often yesterday, and CJ needs a FULLBACK to lead him to the endzone!

therushishere

Better Passer:
    Tebow -200
    Jake Locker +220

DJ Dalamar
    DJ Dalamar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

I only got him in one league out of 16 and I feel stupid for taking him. I bought into the whole "Draft RB's" mantra that was being thrown around and took him when I normally take a WR first.

I tried to trade him last week no takers and I got him up this week. Whats worse is with Fred Jackson hurt I have to play him and I'm afraid to sit him cause he might rip off a monster game.

Hernedez was my TE I love to trade CJ for a real solid TE.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

I think I'm just gonna ride or die with CJ. Need him to perform like a 1st rounder to have any chance of winning the league.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

just traded him and martellus bennett (giants TE, got him as a FA anyway) for benjarvus green-ellis and alfred morris...would you guys have made the trade?

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    just traded him and martellus bennett (giants TE, got him as a FA anyway) for benjarvus green-ellis and alfred morris...would you guys have made the trade?
    That's a tough one, I'd probably would not do it since I'm stubborn but I can't fault you for moving on from CJ21yards. I would have targeted other struggling high upside backs in a package for him, if possible. Eg. McFadden, Jamaal Charles.

I'm going to start Andre Brown in my flex position ahead of him this week though. Johnson needs to show me something before I start him again.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

I stayed as far away from C. Johnson as possible during draft time. I'll be surprised if he pulls 900-1k rushing yards and 6 TDs.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    I'm going to start Andre Brown in my flex position ahead of him this week though. Johnson needs to show me something before I start him again.
    That's an excellent motto, if you're going to ride out the rest of the season and not choose to trade him. I might follow you on that during this Sunday, but in the mean time, I'm trying to get the best I can back for him.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I'm in 4 leagues (3 of them CJ is sitting this week). The guy needs to have a big game

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

yeah i probably made the wrong move, and with my luck he will rip off 2 long TD's this week (traded him to the guy im facing) but i gotta say its sooo nice having an RB to plug in his spot each week and not have to worry about that asshole anymore...i also just traded amendola for ben tate so my RB corp is a little stronger with green-ellis/benson/morris/tate

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 311

Looks like he is going to struggle this year but he will still have some good games, I am starting Spiller and Morris over him since Forte is hurt.

Here is what CJ says about things :
    Titans running back Chris Johnson, who has gained only 21 yards on 19 carries so far this season, recognizes that the running game is coming up short but doesn't think it's entirely his fault. “People need to step up and do their job," he told the Tennessean. "They don’t need to let people beat them. It don’t matter who the opposing defense is, you can’t let your guy beat you. You just can’t give up plays. You have to make plays like they make plays." Fortunately, the Titans are hosting a Lions team in Week 3 that hasn't made too many plays against the run. They rank 17th against the run this year after ranking 23rd against it last year. Last week, 49ers running back Frank Gore ran 17 times for 89 yards and a touchdown against them.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

CJ will rush for 1.5 k yards I believe!

Living The Dream

Just traded Johnson for Andre Brown and I feel great about it

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I, tentatively, have CJ in a flex spot again this week. I have DeMarco Murray and the other CJ (Spiller) as my starting RB's. CJ is in a flex spot, but also have Decker and Mike Williams on the bench. Decker hasn't really produced so far and is up against a tough defense and Mike Williams, although not getting many catches has a couple TD's so far and Freeman seems to like to target him in the endzone. CJ has more upside, but has looked terrible. Another bad week and he goes to the bench until he can prove he will produce.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Glad I started Andre Brown earlier tonight in place of CJ. Still hope CJ shows some signs of life vs the Lions on Sunday but not going to start him over MJD or Ridley though at RB.

GamblerSpirit

Bigspoon, sounds like you can let CJ ride the pine now that you also got Andre Brown to add to MJD and Ridley.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Bigspoon, sounds like you can let CJ ride the pine now that you also got Andre Brown to add to MJD and Ridley.
    Yes, until Bradshaw comes back obviously. Hopefully the Giants don't rush him back though.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

great call on that one bigspoon! sitting on a nice 24 points right now

pretty pissed i traded my opponent martellus bennett though luckily he played brandon lafell who kind of averaged it out

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    Just traded Johnson for Andre Brown and I feel great about it
    That is selling really low. I'm happy about Andre Brown's performance for now while Bradshaw is out.

Given the Giants financial investment in Bradshaw and 1st round pick investment in David Wilson I see things playing out in a 3-headed monster RB by committee for the whole season when everyone is healthy.

Living The Dream

I just don't see Johnson turning it around on a team that's so bad...

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    I just don't see Johnson turning it around on a team that's so bad...
    I think I'm just gonna keep him and hope for the best. I'm pretty sure my team is good enough to make the playoffs but need him to be a stud to win it all. At worst, you keep him and spot start him in the 4 games vs the Colts and Jaguars.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Not even worth a flex spot, time to send him to the bench until he can prove himself.

GamblerSpirit

Yeah i sat him too today. Only going to play him against colts and jags for the forseeable future.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

His trade value is about as low as you can get atm. Any thoughts of packaging him up for DMC or Charles is gone now. What a bum.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

very glad i traded this bum for alfred morris and benjarvus, couldn't pull that deal off this week...i mean the titans scored over 40 points and this guy got 20 yards, at this point i dont know what to even make of it besides bench him until he gets it right...i might even think about stashing javon ringer haha

12 Last