Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Fred Jackson Injury

Anyone watching the game see it or know much about it. Looks like the injury bug is biting me early yet again in fantasy.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

never would of touched jackson this year, i think spiller has the job regardless

Speedy88

C'mon man, outside of the injury, FJax clearly outplayed Spiller last year, and this year in training camp.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

u didnt read my threads then

fred is done and u can bump this later in the year

didn't u get cj as a handcuff?

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got CJ and the FJax owner was pissed because he thought CJ had more potential. I seen the injury, looked pretty bad.

Straight Cash
    Straight Cash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

With me playing against him this week, he picked a good time to get hurt

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

i have spiller. hoping that fjax is done for a while. that would be HUGE for my team!! it didnt look good but im sure he wont be out too long but spiller did look good today, too bad i had to play the top team and still got killed

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Somehow Spiller is still available in my league. Definitely going to have to pick him up.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Sucks for F.Jackson. Coming off injury, just to get injured in the first game back.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by Jericholic View Post
    Somehow Spiller is still available in my league. Definitely going to have to pick him up.
    Must be nice. Are you in an 8 team league or something? Im in a 10 team league and I think he still got drafted pretty high.

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I took Spiller in all 5 of my leagues and started him in all but one game today. He was one of those players I really wanted to pick up in those mid/late rounds, thinking he would get more touches as the season went on.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    never would of touched jackson this year, i think spiller has the job regardless
    Are you insane? Jackson was literally putting up MVP type numbers when he went down last year. And how can he be "done" when he was having his best season? He'll be fine once he gets back. I just hope he's not out too long.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Are you insane? Jackson was literally putting up MVP type numbers when he went down last year. And how can he be "done" when he was having his best season? He'll be fine once he gets back. I just hope he's not out too long.
    Couldn't argue with a word you said. Fred Jackson is clearly "the guy" in Buffalo, regardless of what all the CJ Spiller lovers think. Everything I heard out of Bills camp was how Fred Jackson continued to outshine Spiller. Once he comes back, he'll resume his 15-20 touches a game. Spiller reminds me a lot of Reggie Bush. Explosive player, but not a primary RB.

I'm just hoping it is nothing more than a sprain. I heard a sprained LCL takes roughly 2-4 weeks to heal.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

at least a month! i will take that, hope spiller can shine and hold on to the lead rb. hope spiller can get me some wins although it woulda been nice to hear fjax out all yr

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post

Must be nice. Are you in an 8 team league or something? Im in a 10 team league and I think he still got drafted pretty high.
    10 team league but only 11 roster spots per team. Lot of really good free agents out there in our league.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

3-4 weeks possibly.

Fred Jackson - RB - Bills

The MRI on Fred Jackson's right knee did not provide an "exact timetable for return" Monday, but CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Jackson is expected to miss four weeks in a "best case scenario."

F-Jax sprained his LCL at the very least, and the Bills don't know the full extent of the damage yet. Per La Canfora, the Bills will "monitor" the injury for the next 7-10 days. Look for C.J. Spiller to draw the start in Week 2 against the Chiefs and operate as an every-down back going forward. Spiller got loose for 194 total yards and a touchdown against the Jets in Week 1.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

I'm stuck with Fred Jackson. Just disappointing to lose, but now need Doug Martin to step it up.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

No need for Jackson with C.J. Spiller. heard his name often in the jets game

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post
    I'm stuck with Fred Jackson. Just disappointing to lose, but now need Doug Martin to step it up.
    At least you have a VERY good backup in Martin.

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    3-4 weeks possibly.
    yea i heard they are looking at 3 weeks and he should be back not to bad

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

yeah 3-4 weeks isnt to horrible - and martin is a solid backup

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

awful for me, i had fred jackson/chris johnson/deangelo williams all start for me...they combined for 5 points....rest of my team combined for 118 and i still lost to the #1 scorer who had 126...basically the most unlucky week i could possibly have...wishing i had spiller now but cmon all news out of camp was pointing to fred jackson and he is very talented...not looking good though, theyre saying hes probably going to be out until after the bills week 8 bye...now my RBs look like this:

chris johnson, deangelo williams, cedric benson, fred jackson(inj)...not good

Speedy88

I can deal with 3-4 weeks. I'm just hoping CJ Spiller doesn't go off while FJax is out. Actually hoping he does fairly poor so FJax resumes as the primary back. But I think if we see promising things from Spiller, it could be a 50/50 split by the time FJax gets back.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

He will be a horse again when he comes back, have some patience.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    awful for me, i had fred jackson/chris johnson/deangelo williams all start for me...they combined for 5 points....rest of my team combined for 118 and i still lost to the #1 scorer who had 126...basically the most unlucky week i could possibly have...wishing i had spiller now but cmon all news out of camp was pointing to fred jackson and he is very talented...not looking good though, theyre saying hes probably going to be out until after the bills week 8 bye...now my RBs look like this:

chris johnson, deangelo williams, cedric benson, fred jackson(inj)...not good
    Nothing wrong with Benson, nobody runs on the 49ers. I'm inclined to think that CJ will bounce back, but this coming week could be very telling.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

It looked bad, they are saying at least 3 weeks, I think at least 6 weeks.
    Last edited by EmpireMaker; 09-11-12 at 11:49 PM. Reason: sp

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    It looked bad, they are saying at least 3 weeks, I think at least 6 weeks.
    Are you a doctor? Have you visted Fred in person and looked at his leg? Have you seen the X-Ray's? People love to base their injury timetables based on how the injury looked on tape.

Yes it looked nasty, but who knows what actually happened to his leg. Wouldn't be surprised to see him back in 3 weeks, or in 6 weeks. I think a lot will come down to:

A. How well the Bills are doing. If they are 0-3 or 1-4, I don't think they'll rush Fred back.
    B. How well Spiller does. If CJ struggles, they'll want Fred back ASAP. If CJ tears it up, they won't be in a rush to bring him back.