presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moron drops Matt Ryan calling "accident"

Small 20 dollar yahoo buy-in. Guy drops Matt Ryan and immediately sends a league wide email saying it was an accident and that he hopes everyone can play by the "honor" system and basically let this guy pick him back up(he didn't add anyone he justed dropped him)

Granted its just a 20 dollar league...I'm in a dozen of these and as much fun as they are my main object is to win money not "honor" from some dumb stranger who obviously had to CONFIRM the drop before he actually did it.

I already have romo and roethlisberger. Do I try and add Ryan and risk no one trading with me and so forth or say **** it and try to,get him?

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Leagues need to have commishes who can step in

Or at least have a league vote

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Sounds really fishy, bet he wouldn't be bitching if Matty ice threw 3 picks

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

if u drop a player, u can usually pick up that player first unless u picked up someone

and yes i would let him get ryan back

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Let him have M.Ryan back.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 501

he deserves to lose Ryan for being a Dumbass

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Tell him he has to take Weeden as well and play him a few games.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Tell him he has to take Weeden as well and play him a few games.
    I like this answer the best. But I suspect it was REALLY an accident if he emailed almost immediately after the move. I doubt anybody would seriously drop Ryan this year.

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea if it was a real accident that is the right thing to do let him have him back

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

if he dropped him and didn't pick anyone else up. i say give it to him. accidents happen...

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

the fact that he didnt add anyone else makes this truly seem like an accident...definitely a noob for doing it but as a commissioner i would let him get ryan back

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

thats when the commish just puts it back on his roster INSTANTLY! Obviously it's an accident.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

I'll jump on the bandwagon and let him pick him up, but I'm curious how the accident happened. Never seen it in my leagues before.

presley177

I took my waiver claim off as I have romo and ben the rapist although I did/do sorta wanna punish him for being an idiot and I feel like his team is good enough to be around at the end. He claimed he accidently dropped him when he was doing lineup changes on his iPad. I tried to release a nobody on one of my yahoo teams and it asked for confirmation before releasing him...so who knows. I have the 5th waiver and the guy who dropped him has #7 so I'll post an update to see if an owner is a little less forgiven than the posters here(lol I thought for sure the degens here would've said go get him!)

Jericholic
    The Ayatollah of Rock 'N Rolla
    Jericholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8286

Clearly an accident. I'd let him have Ryan back.

Dux90
    Dux90's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by presley177 View Post
    I took my waiver claim off as I have romo and ben the rapist although I did/do sorta wanna punish him for being an idiot and I feel like his team is good enough to be around at the end. He claimed he accidently dropped him when he was doing lineup changes on his iPad. I tried to release a nobody on one of my yahoo teams and it asked for confirmation before releasing him...so who knows. I have the 5th waiver and the guy who dropped him has #7 so I'll post an update to see if an owner is a little less forgiven than the posters here(lol I thought for sure the degens here would've said go get him!)
    true I would wonder how it is an accident cause most do ask for a confirmation. so a little weird but hey dumb people everywhere

presley177

Update on this...someone of course claimed Matt Ryan. No spewing on the league board however today the owner who claimed Ryan traded him back to the original owner along with Brandon petigrew for Gronk.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

depends on how friendly the league is

i accidentally dropped $20 on the ground at six flags and lost it, breaks of the game

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

This thread was about you trying to justify picking him up for yourself and deciding if it makes you look like a giant fukking douche.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    This thread was about you trying to justify picking him up for yourself and deciding if it makes you look like a giant fukking douche.
    Yep

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post

I think the proper move would be to pick him up and say that you accidentally didnt see the email
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ronzer

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post

I think the proper move would be to pick him up and say that you accidentally didnt see the email
    i vote for this one