dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

lets talk about cedric benson

i've seen his name in numerous threads...lots of people are on the fence whether this guy is a solid RB1 or 2 starter, a flex, a backup bench guy...i think this guy could potentially be a top 10-15 RB, he is fitting in well with the packers system and with so many defenses worrying about stopping the pass, he could have some nice open lanes...plus he is a workhorse back with no platoon or carrying shares...what do you guys think? he could end up having a great year

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

A lot of people have chastised his accomplishments in his career because he "plods" along...they say it takes him 20 carries to run for 60 yards, etc. People often forget who he has played for and against. He's faced a lot of stacked boxes and he's really produced pretty good numbers...

Now consider who he will be playing against this year...Packers have weak schedule, and they like to run a lot of draw plays out of the shotgun.

Long story short, I think he will be a solid RB2, at worst, a solid flex play.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

i agree, and great point about the competition...for the bengals he was playing the steelers/ravens defenses twice a year so thats 4 tough games just for the division, the fact that he broke 1000 yards is a pretty nice accomplishment IMO. he will play the lions 2x this year and their D vs the run isnt anything special, same with the vikings...bears maybe a problem but i still dont see it being nearly as tough as the AFC north

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

no one knows for sure. just gotta wait till how gb utilizes him. but don't expect tremendous numbers from him. gb is not a running team...

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

that is true, they are not a running team...but they never had a standout running back...ryan grant in what, 2009 or 10 was a monster back when he was healthy, and that was with rodgers/jennings/driver...so to me, the presence of benson actually gives GB a decent run game that they may need to use, especially once they have scored a bunch of points and need to just run down the clock...

p.s., dont ever be afraid to respond to any of my posts because your avatar is phenomenal. well played sir.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

I think he will be a great option at RB, just after week 1. The Packers face the 49ers, and we all know about their defense.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Not that high on him since I only play in PPR leagues, think he'll be solid but not spectacular.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I think he will be a great option at RB, just after week 1. The Packers face the 49ers, and we all know about their defense.
    man oh man i hope you're right, i have to start him now due to fred jackson

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I own Benson in my only league, and I can tell you that he will not be a RB1. I think he'll be somewhere between a flex play and a low RB2...

I hope he plays more like a RB2 this season, since I just lost FJax. I think I'm going to roll with Alfred Morris over Benson in week 2 at my flex spot.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3635

I have him in my yahoo league. Might keep him for another week or two. SF has a nasty Defense, I want to see how he does after playing a few other games.

Also have Roy Helu, who is about to be dropped. I hope I can get Morris...

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

stuck w/ helu

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

definitely dont expect a RB1 from benson. im pissed, i read an article on yahoo and i dont know what the hell i was thinking, i saw a prediction that "sproles will not be the best RB on his team while cedric benson will be a top 15 RB" it got me to thinking, and i ended up trading sproles and santonio holmes for benson and mike wallace...love having wallace (got a great WR tandem of wallace/marshall/m. austin) but now im stuck with benson instead of sproles...still early though hopefully it plays out in my favor

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3635

Quote Originally Posted by dudekid View Post
    definitely dont expect a RB1 from benson. im pissed, i read an article on yahoo and i dont know what the hell i was thinking, i saw a prediction that "sproles will not be the best RB on his team while cedric benson will be a top 15 RB" it got me to thinking, and i ended up trading sproles and santonio holmes for benson and mike wallace...love having wallace (got a great WR tandem of wallace/marshall/m. austin) but now im stuck with benson instead of sproles...still early though hopefully it plays out in my favor
    Wallace is a definite upgrade over holmes. Sproles is great in ppr, average in non-ppr leagues. Give it some time, I think Benson has a decent year.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy

Quote Originally Posted by convick View Post
    Wallace is a definite upgrade over holmes. Sproles is great in ppr, average in non-ppr leagues. Give it some time, I think Benson has a decent year.

thanks man, very comforting to hear you say that...honestly every which way i looked at the trade i was winning, wallace over holmes all day, and benson is at least equal if not better than sproles (non ppr)...my week 1 results just got me questioning myself, im hoping benson wakes up next week

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Benson will be fine. Not an RB1 but a definite upgrade from what the Pack had last year. And don't base anything on Week 1, nobody runs on the 49ers.