TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Untrue, why draft backs like lynch, fjax, sjax, when you can wait and get guys like Martin, Ridley, etc. If you can't get a top 4 back then **** it in the first round. In a ppr league, backs arent worth near as much as wrs

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Wrong. You draft Lynch, F Jax or S Jax because they are worlds better than Martin and Ridley.

And backs that catch a lot of passes out of the backfield are just as valuable in PPR leagues, like Fred Jackson.

TPowell

Worlds better? Your crazy

ramones951

Well lets see here Doug Martin has never played an NFL down and could be a complete bust for all we know

Ridley never been a starter. And how many championship fantasy teams start Patriots Running Backs?

Or you could have proven workhorses who are guaranteed to get a large amount of touches this season

Hmmm

But go right ahead and start garbage at your RB position while wasting high draft picks on WR's when you could get equally productive WR's in round 4-7

I bet you have Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings on your team

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    Well lets see here Doug Martin has never played an NFL down and could be a complete bust for all we know

Ridley never been a starter. And how many championship fantasy teams start Patriots Running Backs?

Or you could have proven workhorses who are guaranteed to get a large amount of touches this season

Hmmm

But go right ahead and start garbage at your RB position while wasting high draft picks on WR's when you could get equally productive WR's in round 4-7

Cj, welker, harvin, and Vjax in a ppr league. In a non ppr league, fitz, s smith, a brown, t young

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8812

I think WR's are more valuable now than ever. With all the throwing the league is doing, and the continual rise of the RB by Committee, Running backs are a dime a dozen. I won my league a few years ago by drafting 3 stud WR's with my first three picks. Of course I was lucky as hell to snag Warner in the 8th round which he had a monster year. I did the same thing this year, taking Megatron, Fitz, and Nicks with my first 3 picks. A decent QB,and I'll gamble on a couple average RB's.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Weems2k View Post
    I think WR's are more valuable now than ever. With all the throwing the league is doing, and the continual rise of the RB by Committee, Running backs are a dime a dozen. I won my league a few years ago by drafting 3 stud WR's with my first three picks. Of course I was lucky as hell to snag Warner in the 8th round which he had a monster year. I did the same thing this year, taking Megatron, Fitz, and Nicks with my first 3 picks. A decent QB,and I'll gamble on a couple average RB's.
    Just because it is a passing league, doesn't mean you take WR's early. The main reason why you take RB's early and WR's late are because RB's are thin, and WR's are deep. Sure it is a passing league, but if you use 2 of your top 3 picks on a WR, your RB situation is going to be very thin. By the middle of the 4th round, pretty much all quality RB's are gone. You can find strong WR's up until the end of the 5th and sometimes even the 6th round.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Running backs are most easily injured, I see nothing wrong with taking a top receiver early.

ramones951

Quote Originally Posted by Cross View Post
    Running backs are most easily injured, I see nothing wrong with taking a top receiver early.
    Correct, so the deeper you are with Running back, the better.... If you just said that they are easily injured, why would you want to make your team so thin at RB?

I just looked at my league and only 2 out of 12 teams won't be completely screwed if one of their RB's goes down.

ramones951

I just want to post my team here for the record. 12 team league, non PPR, QB RB RB WR WR TE FLEX D/ST K, I drafted 7th.

Consistency and depth win fantasy football leagues. Injuries are a huge part of the game and you must be prepared.

RB Chris Johnson
    RB Matt Forte
    RB Fred Jackson
    WR Jordy Nelson
    WR Antonio Brown
    WR Jeremy Maclin
    QB Tony Romo
    WR Lance Moore
    TE Fred Davis
    WR Mike Williams
    QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
    RB Jaquizz Rodgers
    WR Brandon LaFell
    TE Greg Olsen

TPowell

Wrong. You draft Lynch, F Jax or S Jax because they are worlds better than Martin and Ridley.

And backs that catch a lot of passes out of the backfield are just as valuable in PPR leagues, like Fred Jackson.

lol so those guys are worlds better than Martin and Ridley? The only one of those even better at all is Lynch.

TPowell

Hmmm

Harvin, Megatron, Welker, VJax, Bess, and Amendola in a PPR league (start 3 and a flex). I also have Martin and Ridley at RB. Good call pal

First 12