Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Beware of megatron and the madden curse

I'm Irish so I'm superstitious in general. but you cant argue with the facts on why to stay away from megatron and the madden curse.

It all started with hearst in 99 - he broke his ankle and was out for two seasons, and his performance was never the same.

then we have the best barry sanders, (best ive seen in my lifetime, well maybe bo jackson) retired before training camp, and didn't go after the rushing king title.

next is dorsey levens, had a horrible year and was released straight away.

then we have Eddie george, he blew the playoffs and averaged what? 3 ypc after? someone can find the actual stats but it was under 3.5 and amongst the worst in the league

next was dante culpepper, remember him. He broke the record for most fumbles and think the vikes were like 6-10 maybe 5-11 the next year and he threw a ton of picks

then we come to Marshall faulk, I'm a socal guy and can still remember sdsu students wearing Faulk u USC t-shirts and we will Faulk you up trojans but anyway, His career declined drastically and never had another 1k yard rushing season

next up is mike vick - He broke his freakin leg in the preseason lol then we know about the dog fighting thing.

then its ray lewis - he broke his wrist and missed the end of the season.

now we have donavon mcnab lol, I remember this one the most as I drafted him this year, he tore his mcl jumping out of bounds - out for the year (he also got a hernia that year)

then the great shaun alexander the mvp, he missed half the year with a foot injury - Keep in mind LT dramatically turned down the cover saying it was a contract thing but....

next up was Vince young lol, he suffered long term injuries that never left him the same - he also denounced the curse on a talk show on the way to the end of his career as a starting QB

brett favre was 2009 - they thought it was a nice sentiment to retire as a packer etc. BUT then he came back and joined the jets heh, where he played like shit and decided to text his junk to a reporter starting a huge penis pic scandel

2010 they tried hard to break the curse featuring fitz and polamalu, well Polamalu sprained his mcl in the first half of the season opener and missed the next four games. After returning, Polamalu played I think 2 more games before injuring his pcl. so fitz somewhat escaped but missed the probowl with a injury.

2011 drew brees althrough having a great season he threw 2x as many interceptions (22) and his qb rating dropped 20 points after winning the Superbowl. there is also rumors he played half the season with a torn mcl. and then of course the bounty scandel came

2012 we get peyton hillis! he's a can't miss right? I'm sure many of you wanted him last year or actually took him 1st round. he was COUGH injured for 5 games but really was a hold out. Now he's a 2nd stringer on the chiefs lol

Now we get megatron well since being named the cover, lions players have been involved with 7 arrests, and many other off season troubles.

Will megatron break the streak? I know I'm taking a running back over him no matter what anyway - no matter the pick - he could go to 12th pick and would pass but thats just me.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

You can bet on whether or not he misses a game at some books

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Don't let the Madden curse scare you from drafting Calvin

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11165

I'm in a Keeper League and Megatron is kept away from my division. I'll be watching on the outside.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5045

Will be interesting to see what happens.

ronzer
    the search for bigfoot continues
    ronzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

I'll take him if he's available. Im not scared of no curse!

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Would be tough to pass on him if he falls to me around pick 12 or later.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You can get alot of potentially great WRs in the later rounds (antonio brown, decker, lloyd). The WR position has the least consistent fantasy players year to year. Youre better off taking a QB who is more likely, based on statistics, to have a year similiar to his last. Obviously if you can get Calvin a little later than he is pre ranked, then you should absolutely take the risk. But youre better off taking a QB that is more liekly to put up great numbers and take risks with WR later in the draft. The WR position is the position where the average player's pre rank fluctuates greatest year to year.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Titus Young worth a look in the later rounds for this reason. Calvin might miss some games or have a slight drop in production. 9-10 TDs for Megatron.

Mirrapro
    Mirrapro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

He is breaking the curse!