makaveli66
    makaveli66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Is it worth it 2 ever pick relief pitcher in daily fantasy baseball?

Is it worth it 2 ever pk relief pitchers in daily fantasy baseball? I never have. Something I've been thinking about though.

dtp
    dtp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 231

Well it depends on what site you're playing at and what roster spots are required.

makaveli66

Quote Originally Posted by dtp View Post
    Well it depends on what site you're playing at and what roster spots are required.

Yeah. I should have specified that. I was referring 2 draftday.com where typically you're dealing with a $100,000 roster and unless you're playing the pk'em style of play, there are 2 pitcher slots. You can pick any MLB pitchers. Obviously the starters are usually the way 2 go but maybe there is sometimes value in pking relief pitchers. That's what I'm trying to determine. And if so, what factors should be looked at when determining this after the prices of the pitchers.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no value what so ever. Never pay for saves, can just pick up relief pitchers from the waivers if required.

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

good question

maybe it would if you knew they were gonna get a W

makaveli66

I was thinking that on a day when u have like all week starting pitchers over priced, maybe have Dickey at like $22,000 and it might be a day to not take him at that price. Instead of paying for a starter that is over priced who you might only get 0-2 pts with anyway, or worse, maybe that is a good time to consider taking a strong reliever who for a cheap price, might put up 2 in + of solid relief and get 3-5 pts anyway. And yeah, if he's got a good shot at getting a W on top of all that, even better.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4973

I've only played in leagues with 1 starter, still don't think it would be a good idea.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

answer is hell no, the damn p might not even pitch

makaveli66

There are some occasions though where if you assumed the starting pitcher didn't have a shot at getting through 6 innings you'd almost definitely be right. On these types of occasions you can correctly predict which long inning relievers will be making appearances. Just saying though. I still don't know if it is ever a good idea to try it.

makaveli66

Big favorites in games with low totals are very likely to be using their set up guys and closers, also.