ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

ESPN College pickem contest,

This message is from ttwarrior1 who is challenging you to play College Pick'em on ESPN.com.

This game challenges you to select the winner of 10 selected games for 14 weeks during the NCAA football season using a confidence scoring system. You receive the amount of confidence points you assigned to each game, but only if you correctly selected the winning team. Best of all, it's FREE to play.

Get in the action now:
    http://games.espn.go.com/college-football-pickem/en/group?groupID=137
    http://games.espn.go.com/college-football-pickem/en/m/group?groupID=137

Group: SBR

10 point entry, send the pts to me, then i send to Lou, send in this thread. There will be many contest so i figure to make
    this one simple and a low entry and to get alot of people in.
    Scoring. Each week during the Promotion Period, entrants will select the winners of ten (10) Saturday U.S. college football games. In addition, entrants will be required to assign each game a "confidence point" value between one (1) and ten (10). The higher the confidence point number you assign to a particular game, the more confident you are that the team you have selected will win the match-up. Each confidence point number (the whole values one [1] through ten [10]) must be used each Week. Points will only be received for correctly selecting a winning team. Entrants do not receive or lose points for incorrect picks. Entrants accumulate points from the date of their first winning pick. Entrants who begin participation after the start of the Promotion Period has begun will not receive points for the week(s) they have missed. In the event the scheduled U.S. college football games listed do not occur as scheduled (e.g., the game is cancelled, postponed, etc.) no points will be awarded. Ties will be broken in accordance with the tie-breaker procedure below.

Espn prizes
    PRIZES. The approximate retail value ("ARV") of all prizes is $4,680. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative college football knowledge of all entrants.

• One (1) Overall Prize Winner - The eligible entrant who accumulates the most season-long points, and wins any pending tiebreaker wins a $2,000 Best Buy gift card. (ARV $2,000.00)
    • One (1) Overall Runner-Up Prize Winner - The eligible entrant who accumulates the second most season-long points, and wins any pending tiebreaker wins a $1,000 Best Buy gift card. (ARV $1,000.00)
    • Fourteen (14) Weekly Winner Prizes - The eligible entrant that finishes with the most points each of the 14 weeks of the Promotion (and wins any tie breakers) will win an ESPN College Football Prize Pack. (ARV $120.00 per)TOTAL ARV for All Prizes: $4,680.00

Points Awarded:

vladfan gave ttwarrior1 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vladfan
    vladfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13224

I'm in on this. Just Signed up. Sending you the points now. Thanks for running these. Already looking foward to them.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Contest starts a month from now! Way to be up on it tt!

BigDaddy
    BigDaddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 729

might have to think about this one

mikejamm

Only 29 days to go! Whooo hooo can't wait!

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Thanks for the heads up might get in this one

me-first
    me-first's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

will play and send closer to game time..

ttwarrior1

yep close to season is best, no need to send yet

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Do you have "Sticky" permissions TT?

If you do, you should "Sticky" the contest threads to the top of the Fantasy Forum.

If you don't, get a Mod to do it. So it is easy to find, and so the threads don't get buried.

ttwarrior1

would be too many stickies for all the contests likely, ill likely have to just bump them and according to my check, im a top paid mod

mikejamm

I may have to take out a betpoints loan, this is big time.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

thanks for this info -- i'll likely play

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    would be too many stickies for all the contests likely, ill likely have to just bump them and according to my check, im a top paid mod
    Just a suggestion.

But I think it wouldn't matter if there were too many. Those contest will be the main reason people are visiting the Fantasy forum. It would be more organized.

A little scroll wouldn't hurt to find the other threads so we can ask and answer fantasy questions.

anjac
    Update your status
    anjac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Tried to send points and it says that you are not able to receive points.

ttwarrior1

your a non pro and can only send in 2 a day

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

tt why does it say sbrpro and not moderator???