ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9776

TT's top 12 Fantasy Qb's for 2012

1 A Rodgers; averages pick 5 in a 12 team league. In the last three years he has never finished lower than No.2 in QB scoring, and with Jordy Nelson finally flashing some talent and last year’s explosive rookie Randall Cobb looking to see more action this year, there is no reason to believe he won’t do it again in 2012.
    I would pass on taking rodgers though as qb is deeper than its ever been.

2. Tom Brady: Over his last six full seasons Brady has averaged over 4,300 yards and 33 touchdowns and has two No.1, one No.2 and one No. 3 finish in those years.
    They added b lloyd and have an easy schedule yet again. I would pass on taking brady unless somehow he fell to you in round 3. He averages pick 10 in 12 team league but He does slide in ppr leagues when teams need 2 rb, 3 wr, te and a flex.

3. Drew Brees : averages pick 12 in 12 team leagues. Again i would pass on him and wait for a qb. Brees is easily a QB that can finish No.1, and jimmy graham, colston, sproles and whoever will have great years again in 2012

4. Mathew Stafford : We finally got a chance to see Stafford stay on the field for all 16 games, and the results were what many had hoped: over 5,000 yards passing and 41 touchdowns. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that he has Calvin Johnson, and if second-year WR Titus Young can stop fighting his teammates and step up even a little, the sky is the limit for Stafford.
    He averages pick round 3 pick 3. If you go rb wr in rd 1 and 2, stafford wouldn't be a bad round 3 pick but yet again. I would wait.

5. Cam Newton: averages round , pick 10. ive seen him go 1st overall and even go in the last round in round 3.Depends on your league and who your drafting against. Rushing td''s will go down but will still have over 10 rushing td and his passing td's will go up.

6. Michael vick : Vick has the talent to finish anywhere in the top five, but his durability is still a big concern. He has missed seven games and parts of several others over the last two years, and he has only played a full 16-game season once, back in 2006. When you add in that his rushing touchdowns dropped from nine in 2010 to one in 2011, fantasy owners have to be concerned. He needs to be productive on the ground to be a top fantasy producer. His wr are all signed and healthy and I believe the eagles will win the NFC East and vick will have 10-2 rushing td. Vick averages round 4, pick 6.

7. Matt Ryan: Ryan has finished eighth the past two seasons, so this is not that much of a jump, but this offense is headed in a downfield motion this year. New offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter has already indicated that this team will have to be more of a vertical threat offense if they want to make it past the first round of the playoffs. Look for Matt to operate more out of a no-huddle as they try to lessen the impact of an offensive line that has some issues.
    Ryan could easily put up top 5 numbers and he averages pick 7 in round 7. Perfect spot to draft ryan. I would even take him in round 6.
    Fantasy strategy of going rb rb, wr wr wr, then ryan and a tight end will work out for you in 2012.

8. Tony Romo: Averages round 6, pick 1.
    Romo lost his surprise go-to receiver Laurent Robinson to free agency, but he is lucky to still have wide receivers Miles Austin, Dez Bryant and tight end Jason Witten to see him through. I would also consider drafting Romo.

9. Eli Manning:Averages pick 6 in round 6. In 2011, not only did he earn his second Super Bowl win and MVP, but he proved to a lot of people that he is Mr. Clutch. He had seven fourth quarter comebacks in 2011 alone. He finished as the No.6 scoring QB in 2011, his best fantasy finish. He will still be hard-pressed to crack into the top five in 2012

10. P Manning: Has wr decker and Demaryius Thomas, added j tamme, and denver finally has got a real qb. I would take a backup qb early if you go after manning. He averages pick round 5 and pick 8 which is too early for me personally to take
    Manning. That pick is more on his rep that anything

11. Phillip Rivers : averages round 6, pick 12. Not a bad spot to take Rivers.
    Rivers had an off year in 2011. He threw for fewer touchdowns (27) than he had since 2007 and threw for the most interceptions (20) in his career. Antonio Gates had a very hard time staying on the field but is said to be the healthiest he has been in a few years. He did lose his No.1 receiver Vincent Jackson to free agency, but they picked up a few new names. Robert Meachem, Eddie Royal, Roscoe Parrish and Michael Spurlock will be joining Malcom Floyd and Vincent Brown. Someone will need to step up as the top receiver.

12. Big Ben: averages pick 11 in round 8
    There have been reports of issues between Ben and new offensive coordinator Todd Haley, but let’s face facts, this team is no longer a power running team. We have seen the tide turn, and it will not be helped in 2012, as the team is still looking for a starting running back. Rashard Mendenhall was definitely not special in 2011 and is now trying to return from a torn ACL. Look for Ben to use his outstanding wideouts to move the ball down the field.

Quality backups
    1 C palmer
    2. Josh Freeman
    3. Matt Schaub
    4 jay cutler: Also love cutler. see my other rightup on cutler about where you can draft him. Cutler averages pick 4 in round 9.

Super sleeper is c palmer

Round 11 pick 11 is where he averages and the pick of palmer could win you your league. Load up on rb and wr and take Palmer late along with lets say Fitzpatrick or jay cutler and you'll be good to go.
    This is going to surprise some, but Palmer actually put up very nice stats in his nine starts in 2011. He averaged just under 300 yards and 1.5 touchdowns a game, and that was with no time to work with his new team or wide receivers. This year he has a full offseason and a great group of good wide receivers. If his receivers can stay healthy, he should flirt with 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

Good stuff - getting me excited to start! - does sbr or anyone from sbr run a points fantasy league? Like put up 500 points then we make a NFL.com or yahoo private league? pay out the top 3 or something? IF so count me in

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Can't wait for fantasy football.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

waiting for the fun to happen

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Just read the chapter on fantasy leagues in Elihu's book, should be interesting.

superwerewolf6
    superwerewolf6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3047

if i get 1st pick should i draft a rodgers over any other player?

ttwarrior1

You have to take foster, mccoy, rice over rodgers

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Looking forward to weekly pick-up discussions TT.

Koldazzice

def getting a RB 1st round unless I get a late pick and something falls in my lap

ttwarrior1

trying to find me a late round jimmy graham this year and trying to talk myself out of taking graham in round 2. This is a tough one this year. The guy is just a beast.

Tight end is also deep. Gates in round 5 or 6 isn't bad at all. Sd wr suck this year and if he is healthy, he might be worth taking.
    Im not buying into this jacob tamme hype

Ethan1122
    Ethan1122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

You like Gates better than VD tt?

ttwarrior1

yes but slightly, sf still runs 1st and they have added wr's.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

TT have you said why you do season long instead of weekly fantasy football?

ttwarrior1

its more skill imo and u get to have a party and a live draft over your house in my leagues, its a blast.
    More skill and its the original way of playing fantasy

10k x more people will play season long draft leagues over weekly combined even with 17 weeks of weekly playing.

There are playoffs, fantasy superbowl, overall pts champion, strategy. The list goes on and on

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38337

Watch out for alex smith

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Thanks for the insight TT. My Fantasy Quarterback is Peyton Manning.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Which 2 in the top 10 are going to get injured?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    its more skill imo and u get to have a party and a live draft over your house in my leagues, its a blast.
    More skill and its the original way of playing fantasy

10k x more people will play season long draft leagues over weekly combined even with 17 weeks of weekly playing.

There are playoffs, fantasy superbowl, overall pts champion, strategy. The list goes on and on
    how is it more skill?
    if your top 2 picks go down for the year, you are screwed.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    how is it more skill?
    if your top 2 picks go down for the year, you are screwed.
    It's not more skill in any way. Takes longer to lose so guys who suck won't have to admit that to themselves, they can blame injuries bad luck ect. If they lose weekly they can't keep blaming bad luck, eventually it becomes obvious they just suck

koz-man
    Medula Oblongata
    koz-man's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11971

Depending on scoring schedule. A running back should always taken as first pick.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Fantasy football has a lot of luck involved.

Avoiding injuries, sleepers that bust out, FA pick-ups that bust out, waiver order on certain weeks, etc. etc. etc.

ttwarrior1

weekly fantasy football, zzzzzzzzzzzzz

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11153

Besides this list of QBs, will you be posting any more insight for RB and WR, etc?

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Jay Cutler in the 9th round is a steal.

dynamite140

Peyton should have a great year as well

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Where is Sanchez?

Koldazzice

TT give me a TE run down - just found out my college buddies are making a spot for TE this year. Normally we just do 2 rbs/ 3wrs/te and a rb/te/wr spot but this year you must have a TE is gronk worth a 3rd round pick? or is it better to wait

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Fantasy football has a lot of luck involved.

Avoiding injuries, sleepers that bust out, FA pick-ups that bust out, waiver order on certain weeks, etc. etc. etc.
    That's exactly what I've been saying for years...

ttwarrior1

will do tonight for rb wr and te

secretstash
    secretstash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 45

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Where is Sanchez?
    lol he is horrible bro.. ur being sarcastic i hope

-stash

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

You going to get RB's and WR's up tonight?

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I think Josh Freeman will have a monster rebound year. I will take a good RB early as well as a RBand will probably not get a top 5 qb as I trust Freeman will step up if my 1st choice doesn't perforn

allin1
    Update your status
    allin1's Avatar Become A Pro!

dynamite140

manning should have a great year

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!