JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11570

What's with this ALL this TV series hype?

Never saw one episode.. Am I missing something? Dragons and mid evil crap come on man!!! Should I tune into season 1? I'm tempted now..

I got HBO but they are only showing season 8 now on Directv.. I'll go netflix if worth it?

Only TV shows I ever REALLY liked in the last few decades were - Dexter, Walking Dead, 2 and a half men, the Office, and Family Guy.. What am I missing? Too busy watching sports and Fox news.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    What's with this ALL this TV series hype?

Never saw one episode.. Am I missing something? Dragons and mid evil crap come on man!!! Should I tune into season 1? I'm tempted now..

I got HBO but they are only showing season 8 now on Directv.. I'll go netflix if worth it?

Only TV shows I ever REALLY liked in the last few decades were - Dexter, Walking Dead, 2 and a half men, the Office, and Family Guy.. What am I missing? Too busy watching sports and Fox news.
    It's fantasy. Kind of like the rest of the shows you watch.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's fantasy. Kind of like the rest of the shows you watch.
    FOX News cover all fantasy so no need to watch it... Lol

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    CNN and MSNBC cover all fantasy so no need to watch it... Lol
    FIXED...

^^^funny guys though you and Guach..

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

The last episode was the worst episode of the entire season. Horrible writing and fantasy ending that just didn't make sense. Very disappointing.

My wife loved this show. I didn't start watching until the past year. I went on a long flight to Asia and saw a couple of seasons on the outbound flight. Good show, not as good as the Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire but better than most other shit on the tube.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12989

It's a good show and a bit of a cultural phenomenon. The writers ran out of source material so you ended up with their interpretation of the ending. A lot of people were not happy with their writing. It's worth watching if you have the time. At least check out Season 1.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave gauchojake 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    It's a good show and a bit of a cultural phenomenon. The writers ran out of source material so you ended up with their interpretation of the ending. A lot of people were not happy with their writing. It's worth watching if you have the time. At least check out Season 1.
    Will try season 1, thanks Gauch..

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

trobin had Bran to rule in the end. Nice hit. but it blows my mind why he was on it and why Bran was one of the favorites. The bookmakers knew I guess. Same shit as WWE betting.

Season 8 sucked though. Shoulda just skipped the whole season , except episode 1 of S8 and leave the rest to my imagination.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

OK I'm gonna try season 1 episode 1 tonight right now!! I'm a little drunk but probably should be baked for this.. Damn shame at this moment I don't smoke weed anymore ... Here were go season 1 episode 1 anyways..

Anyone wants to join me in this - here is a good streaming link in HD.. Has all the seasons and episodes.. Let the mid evil garbage begin, I hope I'm wrong. I'm gonna give 3 episodes a chance..

https://www9.0123movies.com/movies-g...es.html?play=1

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Ok update after watching the first season episodes 1 and 2 - I see it's made well, good actors.. It takes place in a time back in history when life doesn't mean much and it's all about royalty and keeping the status.. Pushed the little boy out the window and he's in a coma because he saw something.

Mid evil times..

I see that the first season takes a HUGE emphasis on privileged kids and people in power that you begin to really dislike. People being much better then others in other words..

Deception by the royals makes you begin to hate royalty more and more.. Women are certainly treated like garbage and sex is easy and a given.. Aquaman is the ruthless character banging the little princess blond.. White walkers are the feared scary beasts..

Ok starting episode 3 of season 1 now.. I'm remotely still interested just because of the acting and script up to this point.. Did not blow my hair back yet..

THIS IS REMINDING ME OF THE LORD OF THE RINGS MOVIES FOR SOME REASON SO FAR...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-22-19 at 12:48 AM.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Finished season 1. Decent. Nothing super amazing though.

Needed to get liquored up on a few episodes to stay interested. Almost gave up after episode 4 but hung in and it got better. It's entertaining though, I'll give it a weak thumbs up.. Worth watching..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Final post conclusion on this show..

Season 1 entertaining but killed off all the big name actors.. Was worth watching. Tried Season 2 and I got to episodes 1 and 2 and then lost complete interest and I'm OUT!!!!

Garbage... Next.. You got little baby dragons and a spoiled brat king in season 2.. Can't do it anymore...

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

First 123