Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Still can't believe this guy killed himself.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Capybara

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

Lmao at the ppl ripping him as weak minded or a loser or what have you in this thread...the lot of you are degenerate gambling pieces of shit with no lives what so ever thanks for the laugh
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: eeezzzz

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Never forget this song it a masterpiece

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post

Still can't believe this guy killed himself.
    Jesus, and I thought I was sad before. Wow. Fukk Adivan! Stupid, needless, horrible, awful loss!

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3374

People can act normally but very sad in their head. He was tired

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    show was filled with tributes yesterday

Because Live sucks balls and is looking for any excuse they can get to play anyone else's music.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6111

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    People can act normally but very sad in their head. He was tired
    I wouldn't even blame the Activan. His bodyguard said he only gave him 2 of them. But the time frame of events according to reports of the police report:

11:15 - He leaves the concert in a hotel bus and within 10 minutes is back at the MGM Detroit
    11:30 - His bodyguard was in his room helping to fix his computer and gave him 2 Activan.
    11:35 - Chris talked to his wife Vicky on the phone.
    Between 11:40 and 12:10 his wife Vicky called his bodyguard to have him check on Chris.
    12:15 - His bodyguard kicks in his room door, and then kicks in his bedroom suite door and finds Chris dead on the bathroom floor with an exercise band around his neck

His wife told police that Chris sounded groggy and was slurring his words. But, he had just played a concert, and had flown in the day of the concert. So he had a very long day. Plus, he was a 52 year old rock star. Of course he's going to sound "tired". The fact that his wife would call his bodyguard to go check on him makes me think she's not telling the truth about what her and Chris talked about on the phone. I would speculate that they had some type of serious fight, and it sent Chris off the deep end and he told her he was going to kill himself. And thats why his wife took it that serious to have his bodyguard check up on him.

His wife is trying to blame the toxicology, but I'd be surprised if there was nothing said to make him snap. You wouldn't start feeling the effects of any drug overdose unless it was something really strong in that short of time. He literally hung himself less than an hour he left the concert and within 20 minutes of getting off the phone with his wife.

We probably won't ever know the extent of that phone call between he and his wife, but I bet she feels a tremendous amount of guilt if she said something to set him off.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    He was tired
    putting on a show for 30 penetrating years

normal people just dont understand

i have a strong, backed up theory, that everything evens out...i spend a few days loaded, have the time of my life during that time, then spend a few days just trying to not die

normal people have an ok time, all of the time

cornell had an all-time high possible life 10% of the time, and was prob miserable 90

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    Because Live sucks balls and is looking for any excuse they can get to play anyone else's music.
    Disagree. I wasn't wowed by Live live, but Throwing Copper is a great album.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

this seems most likely

i did like them, though

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21693

What a great voice...one of the greatest in rock history.

Around 20 of his songs are among my all-time favorites...Soundgarden & Audioslave.

RIP

eeezzzz
    eeezzzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7391

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    these guys just cannot hack life

Many musicians are weak minded and no idea why

Drugs?
    Weak minded? Gtfo of here, read his lyrics.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

Live is a great band with an impressive catalog and were great live (no pun intended) at their peak... No need to diss them to honor CC. Everyone and their mom has been doing Cornell covers in the wake of his passing.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I wouldn't even blame the Activan. His bodyguard said he only gave him 2 of them. But the time frame of events according to reports of the police report:

11:15 - He leaves the concert in a hotel bus and within 10 minutes is back at the MGM Detroit
    11:30 - His bodyguard was in his room helping to fix his computer and gave him 2 Activan.
    11:35 - Chris talked to his wife Vicky on the phone.
    Between 11:40 and 12:10 his wife Vicky called his bodyguard to have him check on Chris.
    12:15 - His bodyguard kicks in his room door, and then kicks in his bedroom suite door and finds Chris dead on the bathroom floor with an exercise band around his neck

His wife told police that Chris sounded groggy and was slurring his words. But, he had just played a concert, and had flown in the day of the concert. So he had a very long day. Plus, he was a 52 year old rock star. Of course he's going to sound "tired". The fact that his wife would call his bodyguard to go check on him makes me think she's not telling the truth about what her and Chris talked about on the phone. I would speculate that they had some type of serious fight, and it sent Chris off the deep end and he told her he was going to kill himself. And thats why his wife took it that serious to have his bodyguard check up on him.

His wife is trying to blame the toxicology, but I'd be surprised if there was nothing said to make him snap. You wouldn't start feeling the effects of any drug overdose unless it was something really strong in that short of time. He literally hung himself less than an hour he left the concert and within 20 minutes of getting off the phone with his wife.

We probably won't ever know the extent of that phone call between he and his wife, but I bet she feels a tremendous amount of guilt if she said something to set him off.
    I don't know about this, Plaza, I think the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Did you watch his final concert? He did not look or sound right at all to me. Playing and singing behind the beat much too often. Couldn't he already have taken Ativan (plus maybe something else), and then just added on to it after the show thinking it would help him somehow, but instead the side effect of paranoia/depression/suicidal thoughts kicked in? Makes more sense to me than a phone call throwing him over the edge. By all accounts, that was a pretty solid marriage and he was happy with his family.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Live is 90s nostalgia and good stuff. I wouldn't say they are a great but they left their mark for 90s era music. I started getting handful of titties when Live was making music, I'll always remember their music.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

They did land some Guns N Roses dates so somehow, some way, they're doing something right

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Most musicians lack logic... that's why they have amazing creative value.

It's hard to piece any musician's death together... as to why? Cobain... Weiland... now Cornell. Drugs.. suicide and question marks.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24749

How did you arrive at the conclusion that "most musicians lack logic?"

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Just goes to show the darkness people can feel, regardless of their position in life. Crazy. Like robin Williams, just don't get it. I've felt depressed before...I made changes.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

i have been sitting here for the past couple nights getting high til about 6am listening to temple of a dog on repeat

this guy was one of the best...amazing voice...grew up listening to soundgarden/audioslave and all of the seattle grunge

all we have left is eddie

steady hustlin
    steady hustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly Jay.

Plaza, interesting write-up.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    How did you arrive at the conclusion that "most musicians lack logic?"
    Was this logical what Cornell did?

Ok then.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5588

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    i have been sitting here for the past couple nights getting high til about 6am listening to temple of a dog on repeat

this guy was one of the best...amazing voice...grew up listening to soundgarden/audioslave and all of the seattle grunge

Wait....don't we still have the dude from Creed.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post

Corgan
    Grohl
    Lanegan

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Corgan
    Grohl
    Lanegan
    Corgan!!!!!

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Corgan
    Grohl
    Lanegan

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Bump for the greatest rock singer of all time. I still can't believe hes dead. It was bad year for me for people I really love/appreciate. Chris is no longer with us, one of my favorite comedians Ralphie May just passed away not long ago, and my best friend growing up past away almost a year ago from an opiate OD. RIP Chris

Last edited by bonzaii; 10-26-17 at 11:49 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by chopperocker View Post

Jesus Christ Pose is another amazing song.

Auto Donk
    Diggity man the fort, I'm outta here!
    Auto Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

JUST because I want to listen to this bad ass tune right now.....

First 1234