slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6183

New Zealand to beat England in the cricket

Looks the best bet of the day

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4888

too late to fade now do not want to be rude but your cricket takes are way off last 2 months or even more

slayer14

Sad fate for New Zealand they never deserve to lose like this.
    Points Awarded:

MrSink gave slayer14 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24793

Slayer, awesome clip. Great finish.

Cricket rules still rattle my brain.

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4888

wow cannot get closer than that . sorry for this miss . entartaining highlight

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30328

I was watching this concurrently with the tennis match. England was about +1000 in running with 1 over to go.

cricketer
    cricketer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

What a game of cricket. Heartbreak for newzealand. Took england with +ve odds.

ChuckyTheGoat

cricketer, I watched the last World Cup. Tried to learn the rules, best I could. Very interesting sport.

I'll be honest, had never heard of Overtime in Cricket. Heartbreak hotel for New Zeal.

ChuckyTheGoat

PM Jacinda Ardern on cricket heartbreak: 'I feel nothing but pride'

ChuckyTheGoat

Cricket World Cup: Black Caps captain Kane Williamson 'shattered' after loss

Thrilla
    Goater a Legend
    Thrilla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17711

+275 for a team that made it all the way to the final was the only way to go. Almost slayer...good bet.

cricketer
    cricketer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 282

If your new to the sport watch ipl or t20 cricket,much viewer friendly and last ball finishes. T20 league to be started by usa cricket in 2021.
    Hope cricket finds a place over there specially t20.

ChuckyTheGoat

Cricketer, we have a tough time grasping the rules. I enjoy the Home Runs that go out BACKWARDS.

I have watched it. Think it's a great game.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Cricketer, we have a tough time grasping the rules. I enjoy the Home Runs that go out BACKWARDS.

I have watched it. Think it's a great game.
    As Cricketer said Twenty 20 would be the one to try get into.

As a side note it's probably the only ball sport where it's acceptable to aim for the opponents head and not a 'foul' if you actually hit him, it's a good delivery.

*That was my country that lost that game by the way. Not a big cricket fan myself but that was a heart breaker even for me. Crazy game.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10214

=
    Looks like the pitcher (bowler) delivers with finesse and varying spins.
    From the short clip this cricket seems much more compelling
    and exciting then the dreaded soccer.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    =
    Looks like the pitcher (bowler) delivers with finesse and varying spins.
    From the short clip this cricket seems much more compelling
    and exciting then the dreaded soccer.
    I'm not the biggest fan. Twenty 20 games I'll go to with mates to get on the beers (I live right next to a ground they play at here). But 50 over games is a long time, maybe 8 hours. And test cricket is insane it goes for 5 days I can't stand it!

Down here it's a sport you go to to get on the beers and hope it's a good game. Well that's my mates anyway! One of the few sports where it's far more fun to go to the game than watch it on TV.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Wish I knew what was happening there. Crazy finish nonetheless.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Wish I knew what was happening there. Crazy finish nonetheless.
    Essentially it was Stanley Cup game 7, draw in regulation so went to OT, draw in OT but instead of playing on they gave it to the team that had more goals in the series.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Essentially it was Stanley Cup game 7, draw in regulation so went to OT, draw in OT but instead of playing on they gave it to the team that had more goals in the series.
    Weird. I need cricket for dummies. All I got out of that was that you get 4 for hitting it to the wall.

slayer14

This might help if you are new to watching cricket

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla, and 19th Hole

Sobob99
    Sobob99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1234

So how did sites grade the wagers on the final? Technically it should be a push, because the match was tied.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Had england got payed out even though ticket didn't say super over? One of best days of my life this cricket game and fed and joker was on at same time and all the big moments pretty much happened at same time too also gave finished pretty much same same time as Wimbledon final, 2 of the most crazy intense matches I've ever seen

paulll
    paulll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 644

That's a pretty specific game. Till now I have some struggles understanding what's going on on the field

MiDNiTe

First post welcome to the party paul

Sobob99

Well that's nice. Because officially it was a tie, so shoulda been a push.

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    Had england got payed out even though ticket didn't say super over? One of best days of my life this cricket game and fed and joker was on at same time and all the big moments pretty much happened at same time too also gave finished pretty much same same time as Wimbledon final, 2 of the most crazy intense matches I've ever seen

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Sobob99 View Post
    Well that's nice. Because officially it was a tie, so shoulda been a push.
    Doesn't seem too ambiguous if you bet on England to win. Maybe if there's a handicap involved or bet was specifically for one over? I'm not too familiar with cricket betting.

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Doesn't seem too ambiguous if you bet on England to win. Maybe if there's a handicap involved or bet was specifically for one over? I'm not too familiar with cricket betting.
    It was a draw in regulation and a draw in overtime i guess you could say. No idea how they graded money line bets for this though but should of been a push.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    It was a draw in regulation and a draw in overtime i guess you could say. No idea how they graded money line bets for this though but should of been a push.
    Well I had an England future which did cash and obviously should have. With respect to moneyline, I assume it just depends on the standards used in cricket. If like American sports, then all overtimes count and should be graded as a winner. If like soccer where it's just for regulation, then it should be a push. Typically, those are 3-way lines though and a tie is included in the market.

The other tricky part though I guess is that England was awarded the win on a tiebreaker for having more boundaries. Hard to find a parallel for that in another sport, closest might be hockey that goes to a shootout where the winning team gets awarded one goal for bookmaking purposes.

Sobob99

What site did you bet it on?

Yah super intense finish almost at the same time. I was watching at a bar in London, and hurt my neck looking at 2 different screens at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post

Mase of Base

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Well I had an England future which did cash and obviously should have. With respect to moneyline, I assume it just depends on the standards used in cricket. If like American sports, then all overtimes count and should be graded as a winner. If like soccer where it's just for regulation, then it should be a push. Typically, those are 3-way lines though and a tie is included in the market.

The other tricky part though I guess is that England was awarded the win on a tiebreaker for having more boundaries. Hard to find a parallel for that in another sport, closest might be hockey that goes to a shootout where the winning team gets awarded one goal for bookmaking purposes.
    Nice hit on England! Super overs count in the games I've bet before never seen a draw after one!

Guess the books had to win match/lift trophy style and graded as such. Had I bet New Zealand and lost I would of tried to argue the point though!

*Just quickly read some rules, basically said that if it's a tie the result is who the tournament hosts determine as the winner so England bets win.
    Last edited by Mase of Base; 07-19-19 at 05:48 PM.

MiDNiTe

Quote Originally Posted by Sobob99 View Post
    What site did you bet it on?

Yah super intense finish almost at the same time. I was watching at a bar in London, and hurt my neck looking at 2 different screens at the same time!
    Tab usually they would pay half price as they have to have super overs printed on ticket but they didn't, I'm just assuming nz backers got ****** since I got paid in full