sparkyasu
    sparkyasu's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona State -> 2011 Pac-12 Champs

Team is loaded for this season. Most of the contributors are seniors have been getting solid playing time since freshmen year. Already favorites to win the south division and make the championship game. They only players they lose are K, P(juco-all american coming in), Crappy QB(replacement played awesome in final two games), slotWR(best WR was injured all last year), two DTs(2010 projected starter returns from academic ineligible).

Take the odds, no matter what they are.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I can see them winning the South, but they certainly are no match for Oregon or Stanford. Remember this team defeated only 4 FBS teams last season. So they were not real good to begin with. They also go to Oregon and Utah back to back as part of a 4 away game in 5 week swing. Arizona State also has a rep for being an underachiever. They host USC early. That will determine their fate in the Pac 12 South.

BlastByou
    BlastByou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon will definitly be too strong

sparkyasu

Quote Originally Posted by BlastByou View Post
    Oregon will definitly be too strong
    if it wasn't for our crappy QB who retired from concussions and his 6 turnovers in that game, we woulda beat them last year.

sparkyasu

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I can see them winning the South, but they certainly are no match for Oregon or Stanford. Remember this team defeated only 4 FBS teams last season. So they were not real good to begin with. They also go to Oregon and Utah back to back as part of a 4 away game in 5 week swing. Arizona State also has a rep for being an underachiever. They host USC early. That will determine their fate in the Pac 12 South.
    lets see how stanford does without harbough though, i got them winning the north. Oregon is gonna drop down a notch this year and our now retired idiotic qb cost us that oregon game. Utah is in for a rude awakening. We lost to usc in usc by 1 because of a blocked PAT that was returned to the endzone. usc is ineligible to be in the pac12 champ game next year too. Our team is only losing one really good contributor.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Yeah . . . they're probably better than Arizona, Colorado, UCLA, and Utah.

In a heads up match (likely at) vs. Stanford / Oregon?

Don't know if they're at that level yet.

Top-25 team for sure.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I am not too sure about Utah. I know that they are better than Arizona, Colorado, and UCLA. Stanford would easily handle Arizona State. Oregon gets them at home, and Oregon does not lose games at home. I sure would not put any money on ASU to win the Pac 12.

sparkyasu

Stanford would easily handle Arizona State.
    easily like how they only beat us by 4, and got a late TD because we stopped them on 3rddown right outside the 30 but an idoitic ref, who just got fired, gave them 30 biggest bullsh1t yards of the year to put on em on the goalline? Stanford lost its head coach and 10 starters, and we lost one starter and are returning more experienced depth than rest of conference returning.

Just watch asu game film and look at all the players returning across the the conference, and it becomes clear
    Last edited by sparkyasu; 03-20-11 at 01:13 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You are talking like an Arizona State homer, which means that you are ripe for the pickings this season. Homers ae the biggest losers in the gaming market out there. What you have to realize is that you have to have good players th start with, and Arizona State did NOT have good players last season, as a 4-6 record against FBS teams proves. Close losses indicates that the team could not get over the hump. USC played a much better game against Stnaford than Aruzona State did, which means that if anything, USC has a better team than Arizona State, acording to your logic. Oregon defeated Arizona State in Tempe last season. They will defeat them in Eugene this season. I will lay 3-1 odds on that game for a grand. But being a homer, you KNOW that Arizona State will lose that game.

Perhaps you may want to explain the 50-17 loss to Cal, a team that was NOT bowl eligable last season. The loss to Stanford was also in Tempe. Stanford has a better HC today than Erickson is. Stanford has much better talent than Arizona State has. Oregon is easily superior to Arizona State. While I agree that Arizona State should win the South (especially if USC is not eligable to win), but they have no chance to win it all.

sparkyasu

You are talking like an Arizona State homer, which means that you are ripe for the pickings this season. Homers ae the biggest losers in the gaming market out there. What you have to realize is that you have to have good players th start with, and Arizona State did NOT have good players last season, as a 4-6 record against FBS teams proves. Close losses indicates that the team could not get over the hump. USC played a much better game against Stnaford than Aruzona State did, which means that if anything, USC has a better team than Arizona State, acording to your logic. Oregon defeated Arizona State in Tempe last season. They will defeat them in Eugene this season. I will lay 3-1 odds on that game for a grand. But being a homer, you KNOW that Arizona State will lose that game.

Perhaps you may want to explain the 50-17 loss to Cal, a team that was NOT bowl eligable last season. The loss to Stanford was also in Tempe. Stanford has a better HC today than Erickson is. Stanford has much better talent than Arizona State has. Oregon is easily superior to Arizona State. While I agree that Arizona State should win the South (especially if USC is not eligable to win), but they have no chance to win it all.
    you really need to watch pac10 game film and look at how much everyone is losing

If Oregon is so superior, how come they couldn't get a comfortable win when our retired QB gave them 7 turnovers? We had one bad game, Perhaps you wanna explain how Oregon needed Cal to miss 20yard FG to beat them, or should have oregon not been in a bowl game? ASU's only real OOC game was against the big ten champs, if we had the typical OOC it would be 3 more W's. Go watch game film, you will see ASU has all the good players it needs. Stanford's HC is not better than Erickson, you went off the deep end with saying the opposite. We ended up one play away from getting wins against in BigTenChamps, OrangeBowlChamps, BCSrunnerup, in USC, in OSU. We lose 2 contributors, and had guys better than them on team but couldn't play, the rest of the conference is losing upwards of a dozen contributors.
    Last edited by sparkyasu; 03-20-11 at 11:46 AM.