Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Can't Go Wrong Week 2 Picks 9/6

This is my think pad.

So Carolina (-9.5) at Vanderbilt, 8:30 PM
    I am thinking this will be a two possession game. Vandy did good in their opener but now they play another SEC team. Vandy QB was good running the ball but he didn't play agaisnt a fast team and his numbers throwing the ball where pretty ty. South Carolina in their first game looked very scary until (sad to say) Beecher got hurt. Then Smelley jumped in and played with alot of confidence. Put it this way, Beecher threw 3 ints and SC smashed the spread. They ran wild in the 2nd half. Vandy may be the easiest place to play in the SEC. Lookin for SC to run away in the second half once again.

Navy at Ball State (-7), 7:00 PM
    Navy only put up 41 agaisnt Towson. Tow played them well in the 1st half and it seems like they ran out of gas in the second half. Towson moved the ball more than they should have agaisnt this team. This gives me a lot of hope that Ball St. at home will not only move the ball but, will not run out of gas. The ? in this game is Ball St.'s D they have problem with the run and that is all Navy does. Both D's are bad but when a bad d really only has to plan agaisnt one threat I think they can step it up. This is the first game Navys new coach will coach away. I am giving the edge to the home team who has a great offense.

Akron (+5.5) at Syracuse, 3:30 PM Akron put up 17 agaisnt a tuff wisconsin d. Syracuse is no where near the same team as the Badgers. Syracuse only scored 10 agaisnt a lame Northwestern D. Even though this game is at Syra I think every one in orange nation as given up on their football program (robinson sucks!). The fact this spread is more than a field goal I am going with Akron. Someone with cash to throw around should consider this for the ML.

Northwestern (-6) at Duke, 7:00 PM Dukes last game was at home agaisnt James Madison???. JM had the ball past the 50 into Duke terriorty 8 times in this game. If they play that soft agaisnt N'western this will be a clinic. Northwestern has their stud RB back for this yr. He is a senior and should dominate the Blue devils. Norths D has to be better than JMs who only allowed Duke to score 31 pts. This one seems like a no brainer with a spread that is under a TD. Look for N'western to wear down this BD D. and easily cover.

3:00 PM ET 15 B-Y-U 1-0 (-9) at Washington 0-1 BYU has a chip on their shoulder this year. I heard the coach speak about his team and he convienced me! They are going against a horrific Washington team. Washington couldn't score vs Oregon and I think BYUs D is just as good if not better. Oregon could score all day on Washingtons D with two different QBs. BYUs O is very solid and I truly do not see Washington (even though they are at home) scoring more than 17 and I do see BYU running away on offense with their Heisman candidate QB. This one seems like a no brainer. BYU!!

Tulane at Alabama (-30), 7:00 PM
    Tulane is opening up their season away agaisnt an extremly tuff Crimson Tide team. This team has high asperations and they want to prove themselves, this means routing non conference teams. Tulane lost their main weapon in Forte. The QB position is also up in the air. Tulane has also had to deal with traveling to practice from the hurricane. Where will their O come from?? Who knows. Tulane will be no match this game could be won by 50! This game is a gift.

Marshall at Wisconsin (-21), 12:00 PM
    Marshall scored 4 times on a total of 9 plays in 4 drives agaisnt Ill st's D. They put together one drive that lasted over 7 plays for a TD. They also had 2 TOs. This will not fly vs Wisconsin. Wisconsin put up 48 vs Akron who I believe would crush Marshall. With one game under their belt this team should romp Marshall. Gimme Game!
    Winners in green

These are the winning picks. Enjoy!

Top Pick!
    Ala.

Top 3 Picks:
    Wis.
    Ala.
    BYU
    Last edited by Jroc85; 09-04-08 at 04:46 PM.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Definitely with you on N'western and Wisconsin. Akron is looking good only b/c I don't think Syracuse can beat anybody by more than a FG.

Jroc85
    Jroc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

cmon ball st, even me up