sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Sat. 9/6 Value Plays--potential Upsets?

What do you guys think about these 'Dogs this week?

BUFFALO +13 @ PITT
    I'm sure Pitt will rebound from last week a bit, but Buffalo is actually really good this year. I think this may be too many points.

GA. TECH +7 @ B. COLLEGE
    I'm no treading much into BC's win last week, as Kent is simply awful. GA Tech is nothing special, but I just don't see BC blowing them out.

TEMPLE +7 vs. UCONN
    Where's the love for Temple? This game was STOLEN from them last year! They're ready for this game. Plus, this could be their best season in decades. UConn was so overrated last year, and is projected to be near the bottom of the Big east this year. I think Temple wins outright. I'm getting in now while it's still +7.

UL-MONROE +13 @ ARKANSAS
    ULM is much improved this year and Arkansas barely beat W. Illinois last week. LY ULM won @ Alabama! Arkansas will probably finish last in the SEC West. I think ULM could win outright

Feel free to share your thoughts....
    Last edited by sweetpete57@; 09-03-08 at 03:34 PM. Reason: add on

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

man your opinion is valued
    ul monroe is on a downfall
    arkansas plays terrible out of conference so did petrino what ever his name is louisville old coach ,arkansas has what you call a crowd pleaser game
    they will play the best the entire game this want be close
    ul monroe played auburn last week , not only did they get it handed to them but they are soar , that just happens when you play sec teams it take two weeks to get over it . bad bet on that one , sorry to tell you , no depth cant handle two sec teams back to back , hope i talked you out of this one and for whats it worth i disgree with georgia tech game also , boston college keeps ten point on tech the whole game , so no upset here , but can tech back door for the spread victory ?????

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

you know how i feel about Pitt ... im with you but i hate betting on MAC teams out of conf. If that line rises to +14 i have to take it. at 5 dimes it sitting at 13.5 right now. might just buy the .5

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

i like all three of these plays but i won't bet against uconn only because i think edsall is a really good coach (very strategic and manages the game clock/ play calling nicely) and it can make a difference in a game like this.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Linecrusher---I did a little research into Ga Tech, and yeah, they probably won't be good enough to compete through 4 quarters. I always underestimate BC, anyway. That Va Tech game killed me last year. I still think ULM hangs tough. I really think Arkansas is going to be awful this year, and even a weak opponent like ULM will hang around. We'll see.

Boy Jeenyus
    Boy Jeenyus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buffalo & Temple both made my short list for this weekend, but I probably won't pull the trigger on them.

Right now I have only three games that I like and Arkansas is one of them. I don't know if it was Petrino trying to implement his passing schemes too rapidly, West Ill leading in the second half, or two true frosh rb's getting all of the carries, but Arky got outrushed 2/1 in their opener.

With the talent they have returning on offense, Petrino should be able to figure out how to fix things in time to be ready for ULM. Their O-line returns four starters that blocked for two 1,000 yd rushers last season, including a first team All American center that won the Rimington Award. Their freshman rb Curtis is a stud. He ran for 36 yds on 6 carries last game and he should be on his way to establishing himself as their primary ball carrier.

Meanwhile ULM gave up 7 yds/carry against Auburn while getting shut out themselves. The Hogs should be able to grind it out on the ground at will. Their QB did throw for 300 yds against the FCS team and even if Petrino wants to pass a bunch Saturday, he should be able to repeat it with a dominating ground game on his side.

The new coach probably feels he has something to prove at home Saturday after an unimpressive opener. A quick look back at his Louisville days show that he's not bashful about running up a big score when he's got an advantage. Arky's close score last week has caused the line to be lower than it should (only 12' last time I checked) and I think there is value to laying less than 2 tds.

My two cents.
    Last edited by Boy Jeenyus; 09-03-08 at 07:29 PM.

manny24
    pay Bobby

i watched georgia tech play at home against virginia tech last year. i honestly felt like they were no better than most jv high school squads. i mean pathetic at every position and i can't believe they are that much better this year. for that reason only i would not ride with them even against a depleted b.c. team.
    absolutely loving buffalo!

manny24
    pay Bobby

was just going over a few things and now i'm not feeling so good about buffalo. i think they are for real this year but not this week. i don't necessarily believe in the "bounceback" effect but something tells me pitt. is going to cover this one. as you were

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

im not saying ive changed my mind , about ul monroe , still think arkansas will do what they can to run up hte score to please the crowd after last week performance
    . for for the benefit of my favorism towards the sec league , i wil most likely scratch this one hope you made me /saved me money

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

ga tech new offense is going to drive boston college nuts

will tease them up to +20.5

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Well I have already hit Vandy on a whim, sitting on Buffalo and Stanford..

picantel
    picantel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

Temple has covered ATS against conn the last 4 games. I am taking the points for sure.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Hey, couldnt get the good number here, does that mean I still have to bet it??

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

I definitely like Buffalo +13.5. The other hidden one might be UAB +13 at FAU. Florida Atlantic shouldn't be favored by no more than -7 against anyone.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your going to laugh... But Washington Huskies (Jake Locker is a stud but lacks accuracy in his passing game) VS. BYU... Washington leads the series 4-2 with the home team winning 5-6, Washington is 17-8 vs MWC. The Huskies are always tough at home (Im waiting on Washington's Team total should be about 24 ish all on that.) (BYU has lost 6 straight road openers!!)

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

Im liking Washington, too. They play tough enough at home I think to keep it close. I'll probably make a small play

Boy Jeenyus
    Boy Jeenyus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man, you were right on with these four-even Arkansas. Great job.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper

thanks--I hope we all cashed in on some of these